PDA

View Full Version : New closet setup in the mix. Help please.

JackNoble
01-03-2006, 07:35 PM
It is 27in long, 17in high, And approximately 13 inches thick. My questions are:

1: Which bulbs should I use? How many will I need? How much will it cost to acquire them and how inconspicious will the power bill be?
-I plan to line the inside with aluminum foil to get maximum lights on the plants.

2: Should the base be filled with soil and planted in rows or done in pots?

3: How many plants?

4: When should I begin flowering?

5: 4 weeks, 24 hour light then 16/8 for two days then 12/12 for 8 weeks. This is my plan. What's wrong with it?

6: What type of scent cover can be used other than expensive fans?

7: Estimated yield?

I know these suckers will stink before it's all over with. Being done in my closet, unbeknownst to the other residents and hoping to keep it that way. All your answers are appreciated. Thanks.

JackNoble
01-03-2006, 07:42 PM
And what kind of lamps? Stupid no edit button.. =(

JackNoble
01-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Going to drop by lowes and pick up three sylvania 60 watt CFL's. Possibly a small fan. Anyone know where to pick up some cheap lamps?

Nochowderforyou
01-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Wow, that's a lot of questions bro, too many to answer.

A lot of those questions are questions you should already know answers too before you even begin setting up shop. Do a bit more research and understand the plants life cycles. I'd help you here, but you are basically asking us everything about growing. That could take months and months to get through.

Check out the FAQ's here on this website, and to the FAQ"s, at the top of this page here:

www.overgrow.com

Do some reading on basic MJ cultivation. There is just too much ground to cover here. Good luck to you :cool:

BukDatAss
01-04-2006, 05:26 AM
all I know is I bought a light system for 190. its a 400w HPS system with the ballast and the hood then I bought the Metal Halide conversion bulb(for veg) all included. I mean its sounds expensive at 1st but when you start looking around at prices and if you want to get serious you should invest in 1. The odds are you are prob. gonna end up buying 1 anyway so just avoid all the extra wasted money on the CFLs and buy it.. I believe they say a 400w HPS/MH covers a 4x4 space and my space is 3x4 so thats good for me. And try getting Mylar instead of foil, if you do want to use foil remember to use the DULL SIDE OUT TOWARDS THE PLANTS and the shinny side towards the wall.

BukDatAss
01-04-2006, 05:32 AM
I think you could have about 3 to 4 plants and the end of flowering it depends on the size of the pots. Remember when you start you have males which have to be removed then so u end up with less. just worry about lighting for now and how to keep the closet space nice and cool(good ventilation) with the lighting system for now, then worry about the soil then every thing will come into place

JackNoble
01-04-2006, 05:33 AM
Sylvania
60 Watt Mini Twist Bulb $4.98 x4

I have only a few questions now, regarding ventilation and scent cover for my plant. I'll be sprouting about 10 seeds over the next few weeks and once they've reached a stage where I can tell the difference between male and female I'll select 1-3 strong females and try to make the transport to a 40 inch closet set up with a screen at about 25 inches with 3 of the fluor's on it until it's done vegging.

How about a perrrfect soil mix? That'd be good. =)

Sativagrowin
01-04-2006, 10:19 PM
17" high? Was that a typo? My pots are 10" high and they're on the small side. If you used these pots that would only leave 7" left for vertical growth. I've seen some pretty crazy small grow rooms b4 but I believe that if you pull this one off it'll be a record in my book.

Laterz