PDA

View Full Version : Ticket still not processed?

mkolb333
01-02-2006, 08:46 AM
Two of my friends were smoking in a park behind my house. They took a little less than a gram and a couple of pipes with them. Well, they got caught by park police. The police took their stuff and gave them tickets (petty misdemeanors for possession) and said to call the number on the ticket in a few weeks. Well, my friends have been calling the number for about 6 months now. How long does it take for a ticket to process? Is it possible that because the ticket was given from park police rather than "real" police that it would take longer? Maybe it never will process?

I think it is kinda ridiculous to have to wait this long.

mkolb333
01-03-2006, 04:38 AM
Anyone? Please? :rasta:

Myth1184
01-03-2006, 04:18 PM
last i checked park police were Police, unless you got busted by some Rent-a-Cops, in that case, they had no right whatsoever to issue a ticket. Odds are they just took the herb and smoked it in their patrol car.

mkolb333
01-03-2006, 05:44 PM
They were real. Sorry didn't mean to imply otherwise. By not being "real," I meant they did not fit the traditional image of a cop. That would be sweet if the officers really did smoke what was left. But I doubt they did.

endo..jay
01-03-2006, 10:05 PM
sometimes its slow but shouldnt be that slow i posted bail once in a town that the warrent wasnt out of welll 3 weeks later i was pulled over and arrested again for the same warrent...good thing i found my reciept...but i would check the statue of limitations in your town...i know that around here if charges sarent filed in 60 days then you cant be charged...

mkolb333
01-04-2006, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it seems as though the statute of limitations in Minnesota is three years for a drug related charge. :( Does anyone know how long police hold evidence? They need evidence to charge you, right?

endo..jay
01-04-2006, 03:47 AM
im not sure on how long they hold evidence for but yea in court you have the right to see the evidence being held against you...i mean no evidence no crime right?

intheclouds
01-09-2006, 05:09 AM
some of them do smoke I have burned J's with several badges.