PDA

View Full Version : to bud or not to bud

taphead
07-30-2004, 07:15 AM
I was wandering what your opinons were as to wether or not i should go to 12 12 now. I am leaning to yes. They are on day one of week four, ebb and flo grow rocks flood every 3 hours for 15 minutes. On 24 hour light now. 1000 watt light using MH now planing to switch to HPS for flowering. Any advice?

taphead
07-30-2004, 07:23 AM
Sorry here are the pics

bonbon
07-30-2004, 08:13 PM
when i grow from seed,I induce photoperiod at around 8-10",or else they'll get too tall for my enclosure,your grow is short and compact and will probably stay that way,they might double in size,MH are great for keeping them that way,the continous light helped too,i use it myself,great lookin grow ,that thick canopy is excellent,lots of bud sites....bonbon

taphead
07-30-2004, 08:44 PM
Thank you I just got a timer and am switching to 12 12 now one other question do I switch my nutrients over to the bloom cycle now or wait till I see buds start to form.

bonbon
07-30-2004, 08:53 PM
Use what you have left in the reservoir till the next regular change,then switch to your bloom mixture....bonbon

taphead
07-31-2004, 11:01 AM
thanks

mrnotsonice
08-02-2004, 04:04 PM
Thats some pretty impressive growth you have there tap!! Well done.
I was wondering a similar question myself, being in my first grow season my 12 plants (on day 23 from seed) are between 6 and 10 inches tall now and very bushy & compact, my grow room is five foot tall and I wasn't sure at what stage to flower them at, im using 400w hps & C02. :confused: :D

MNSN

bonbon
08-02-2004, 09:36 PM
generaly a plant will double in size when put into flower, so if you want to have them touching the ceiling (5 feet right?) you can flower them at around 2.5 feet, but since you probably have lights and things up, you can probably start flower at about 2 feet. looks like a good grow, congrats.

tall plants indoors are not a good idea,even a 1000WT will only penetrate less than 1 foot of the canopy,as the plant get taller the light to surface ratio decreases,meaning that you would waste time,light and space to grow a taller plant and get less of yeild,I keep my plants short to get more exposed sites and to get the most from the lamp,i start clones at around 6-8",end up around 18",for seed i let them get just bit more taller,depending on the strain,7-10",finnish at around 18-24",below is a grow of WR cuttings that were induced photoperiod at 6",finnished at around 18"....bonbon