PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks until harvest...

Nochowderforyou
12-31-2005, 02:32 AM
high all,

I have some pictures I'd like to share with you.

Here is my current experimental grow.

Vegged under 100W of CFL's, flowering under 1 150whps bulb. I love growing small plants and messing around with techniques and all. This time around, I was brave enough to do topping. As you can see from the pictures, it has split into 2 main tops, instead of 1, which I usually do.

I def. encourage anyone growing in small spaces to try this method. I have doubled my yeild easily from my last grow. :thumbsup:

The strain is Strawberry Cough x Big Blue. So about 50% indica, 50% sativa, a perfect mix in my books, and she will be getting the axe in about 2 weeks or so. I started flushing today and will continue through till harvest.

Any comments, questions, always appreciated. I would like to thank old member Harddon for telling me about this technique, and High Times for giving me the final boot in the ass :rasta:

Peace

Nochowderforyou
12-31-2005, 02:33 AM
more pictures...

syrrus
12-31-2005, 03:37 AM
what seedbank?
How long from seed to bud?
how tall did it get?
What did you do differently in this grow?

Rekap
12-31-2005, 04:37 AM
at what age did you top?

Nochowderforyou
12-31-2005, 05:02 AM
what seedbank?
How long from seed to bud?
how tall did it get?
What did you do differently in this grow?

1. Ha ha! No seedbank friend. It was an accidental crossing of 1 female Big Blue, and 1 male Strawberry Cough. Long story short, I thought the S.C was a female, B.B got pollinated, the result was about 4 dozon seeds. I got the Big Blue from a private source, as well as the Strawberry Cough.

2. From the start to right now, approx. 90days.

3. It's not done growing yet, a few more weeks, at this moment, it is approx. 1.5-2ft in height.

4. What I did diff. in this grow, is I did a method called topping. Instead of having 1 main cola, I tried this easy cutting tech. to get 2 main shoots. All I did was cut completly of the new growth shoots, and left about a 5mm stem on. In a matter of a few weeks, I saw 2 new growth shoots emerging, instead of the traditional one. I have doubled my yeild from last time so far just by looking at it.

I also used some organic ferts for feeding during its veg stage, and cut out some not-so-nessesary ferts.

I used Fish Emulsion 5-1-1 during veg., after 1 week of flowering, I give it 15-30-15, then I give it 3 seperate feedings of 10-51-10 when the bud starts swelling, then flush heavily for the last 2 weeks.

I cut out 8-7-6 fert., and 10-15-10. I found my MJ plants had no reaction and was proven useless to me. It seemed with those numbers, my plants still yellowed up and showed def., telling me that they have no effect on them at all.

Nochowderforyou
12-31-2005, 05:04 AM
at what age did you top?

I topped at about 4 weeks of age, from seed. It is hard to go by a timeline though as every strain varies.

For an easier thought though, I topped at the 5th node up. I cut of the emerging main shoots, leaving a small 5mm stem. In a matter of a week or two, I saw it had split into two :thumbsup: Just what I wanted.

Thanks for the replies! Peace :rasta:

skippi563
12-31-2005, 04:45 PM
thats a nice plant kinda looks like mine mine was all floros though heres a couple of picts. ichopped it weds. had to a little early but had to do it it smells so sweat drying

Lakota
12-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Man I gota get some going....Great Pic's

skippi563
12-31-2005, 09:56 PM
lakota you really need to grow if you can its well worth the efforts,and the smoke is the best.

Nochowderforyou
01-01-2006, 06:11 PM
Nice pics Skip! You achieved that from flowering with CFL's as well? Nice job, cudos! :thumbsup:

Nothing is better than smoking on on your own homegrown after 3-4months of waiting...so very patiently...

Right now, the buds are swelling up a bit, a the smell, is best described as, a fresh bowl of fruit. It has a very, sweet smell to it, not sugar sweet, but fruit sweet. Like a cantalope maybe. Nonetheless, smells great, and chop time will be in about 11days or so...

I checked the trichs a few days ago. My best guess is it was about 20% cloudy, 80% clear. In about 11 days or so, they should be all almost 100% cloudy, just turning amber...perfect peak time for myself :pimp:

Thanks for the replies all! Peace

Powder Puff
01-02-2006, 12:43 AM
Looking very good!:D

Can't wait to get to harvest my self.. 2-3 months..!:o

BukDatAss
01-02-2006, 02:56 AM
yeah man nice grow going on. Love to see some great plants :dance:

Josh55
01-03-2006, 07:01 PM
im so topping my next plant...I do it by just hacking the top off and leaveing a short stem?

Nochowderforyou
01-03-2006, 08:03 PM
im so topping my next plant...I do it by just hacking the top off and leaveing a short stem?

Well, yes, ha ha! Pretty much, but not hacking. I'll try and explain the best I can...

When topping, what it does is you cut off the main new growth shoots, and leave a small stem, about 5mm, sticking up. What this does, is it gives more energy to the side branches, getting a more bushy look, increasing yeilds some.

Sooo...
\/<----new growth shoots
.|
.|
.|

\/<----cut off, but leave a small 2-5mm stem
|
|
|

Cut off about 75% of the new growth shoots, In about a week or so, you should see it splitting off into 2 main colas intead of the one. Oh ya, and use a very, very sharp pair of snips or a razor blade. Make it as clean cut as possible.

I'll take a picture later tonight for an update. She's getting very smelly though with slight skunk undertones. I have flushed heavily about 3 times, I'll flush once more on Thurs., then I'll let her dry up and the slaughter will follow :D

Thanks all, peace :thumbsup:

Nochowderforyou
01-03-2006, 08:21 PM
Oh fuck it. Here are some updated shots for you!

Peace :pimp:

Az.
01-03-2006, 09:47 PM
Dude! That is fucking sick....
lol....i'm ordering msome lights tomorrow and now, seeing that I cant wait....

Excelent work dude

:D

Smpthy4TheDevil
01-04-2006, 12:52 AM
jesus. i dont know whether to love you for growing such nice dope or hate you for not sharing with me :confused:

Nochowderforyou
01-04-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the words AZ and SymapthyDevil.

You are both very welcome to come to Canada and enjoy a toke :thumbsup:

Seeing as this strain was an accidental, but still my own creation, I guess I have to name it.

How about, Sugar Me Timbers...? I like it! :cool:

woaaahh
01-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Nochowder, your growing inspires me. Haha. Nice work.

Nochowderforyou
01-06-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm cutting her down in 2 days. The buds have swollen to their max, and trichs are 100% cloudy :D Oh yaaaaa..........I'd take some pictures, but my buddy took my digi cam for 11days :(, but at least the place is mine for 11days :)

Thanks, peace

Nochowderforyou
01-09-2006, 05:48 PM
hey,

So, she is cut and drying as I type this. I smoked a small test bud this morning...put a smile on my face :D Good and potent. I couldn't be happier right now.

I started some new seeds a few days ago. I think I'm going to grow Manatuska Thunderfuck next, but, I had some very old seeds that belonged to my father, that he produced in 1974. I decided, said fuck it, and threw in about a dozen or so seeds to germinate, to see if anything would come of it. I was VERY suprised to find that 2 seeds had popped before the Manatuska even did :eek: I got seeds, from 1974, to pop, and if all goes well, I'm going to plant a few in soil, and if they sprout through the soil, I'm going to grow them out!

I'm very pumped on this one. If I can get seeds and MJ originally from '74, I', going to be very happy and I will keep the strain going. I'll have, some "classic" weed.

Peace and thanks for the replies. :pimp:

JokerDooD
01-09-2006, 06:09 PM
there so sweeeet :D
ya gunna post pics ,an final weight when dry

4 more weeks to wait on mine :(

purpledrummer1
01-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Oh fuck it. Here are some updated shots for you!

Peace :pimp:
Brilliant. I like your style!

intheclouds
01-10-2006, 05:35 AM
WOW nochowderforyou, That gal is so beautiful, again WOW.
btw I started smokin in '75 and if it works I may have to get in touch with ya.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WeedyBoyWonder
01-10-2006, 04:14 PM
wow that crazy 2 thing looks, errr crazy. how did you do that? And could you do it if you have only a 150w maxi cfl light?

Nochowderforyou
01-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Brilliant. I like your style!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

WOW nochowderforyou, That gal is so beautiful, again WOW.
btw I started smokin in '75 and if it works I may have to get in touch with ya.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm the memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment! Much appreciated friend!

So far, the seeds from '74, started out good, with a small white tail, but have seemed to stop there. I'm ready to toss the Manatuska seed in soil and I'll toss in a few "Classic" seeds in a few pots to go with it. If I see the Classic pop in time before the Manatuska, I'm definatly going to grow some old school shit! Hell ya! :dance:

wow that crazy 2 thing looks, errr crazy. how did you do that? And could you do it if you have only a 150w maxi cfl light?

Well, errr...thanks! :p

I did that by a simple method called topping. I'm sure I've explained here already, but all it is, is a simple cut on the emerging growth shoots. You cut off about 75% of the top, leaving about 25%$ of the bare stem in tact. What this does is it gives the incoming energy to the side shoots, giving it its full growing potential. As well, it splits the one main top, into 2 main tops, so instead of having one main cola, I got 2 main colas, easily increasing yeild, while saving on height space as well.

Give it a try. I have tripled my yeild from last time just by doing this.

Yes, you could do this with a 150W CFL light easily. I started using 65W CFL for veg., and 105W of CFL for flowering, and I still got satisfying results.

All I suggest is, if you're going to use the 150 bulb for flowering, use about 100W for vegging. You want to give your plant a nice boost in light during flowering. If you use the same wattage for veg. that you do for flower, things will move very slowly, and yeild and potency will be medium quality.

Thanks all, peace :rasta:

intheclouds
01-10-2006, 08:03 PM
O K nochowder, Thanks again. I've been wondering about all the light stuff (never grown before). I will use the cfl's and do like u said. Thanks again for all the great info.

btw I can't leave out the info I got from trichome, mand, and others.

Nochowderforyou
01-16-2006, 06:37 PM
High all,

So, the plant has been harvested, dried, and is now curing :)

Final weight of this plant was 21.3grams. I test smoked some of it, it is a very smooth smoke, wonderful, fruity flavour to it, and is quite potent...probably more potent than the WW I grew awhile back, which I swore was the best I produced yet...well, we have a new winner.

Sugar Me Timbers!

I will post pic on Wed. as my cam isn't back yet. The smell, has slight skunk undertones and is really resin laden.

I'm thinking of trading off some of these seeds, so if anyone has Rockbud out there, !*please*! let me know. I had this the very first time I grew, and I handed my last 10 off to my grow teacher, who in the end, got busted, lost the seeds, and now they are in the hands of the RCMP :mad: So if anyone has this strain, please let me know.

The seeds from '74, didn't make it :( I was so pumped at first that I got a few of em to pop. But, that's as far as they went, as the root blackened and died.

BUT, I have a Manatuska Thunderfuck popped through soil already, so it's on its way.

I'll post in weeks to come, when the ball starts rolling. Peace

amstron
01-17-2006, 09:54 PM
lol, 74 that is pretty cool. The weed probably wont be that great as its like 100 times more strong these days but keep the strain going and try it out you never know. good luck and well done on the last crop.