PDA

View Full Version : my grow box

amstron
12-20-2005, 02:52 PM
okay I plan to build a box, There is a diagram below
Right, I have a few questions
1. what will I need and how much would it cost to build this box (approximatley)

2. In the diagram I have drawn the floor area on the veg box to be the same as the flowering one, should it be smaller than in the flowering box?

3. How many watts of cfls would I need in the veg box (i dont know much about them)?

4. and finally, to get my yield to the max in this space, how many plants would you suggest I grow per box?

sorry if this is too many questions, I just really want to get this right

amstron
12-20-2005, 02:55 PM
sorry, this might not be the case on other computers, but on mine once you have opened the picture, you have to click on the pic to zoom in and get a clear picture

syrrus
12-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Well wood is pretty easy to come by and work with to build that box, The entire thing can be done under a couple hundred if your smart about it. I suggest that you just take your time and shop around for the small parts see what you can find. Theres no rush, just take your time and shop around.

The veging box should be smaller than the flowering box but 2ft is a bit too small I think. Unless you've got your crop rotation schedule down to a T your going to regret the size if some of your mothers are late in veging or flowering and your veging plants start to outgrow the box.

The rest of your questions Ill leave to the more experienced growers to answer.

Powder Puff
12-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Remember, you also need the lights to be (if HID) around two - two ½ feat above your plants..!:)

So, if you already thought of that, sorry..!:o If not, well.. there you have it!:D

amstron
12-21-2005, 01:34 PM
I keep my 250 HPS (with a heat shield) about 6-8 inches above my plants and they dont get burned, if I had a fan blowing over the top I could probably get them closer. My veg box was going to be 2 1/2ft tall, I would be using cfls so they could get realy close. What I meant on my question about the veg box was if the base area should be smaller in the veg box?

amstron
12-21-2005, 02:06 PM
i might make the veg box 3ft in height

Savage Nature
12-21-2005, 04:42 PM
1. You will need two or three sheets of 1/4 inch plywood, here it is C$50.00/sheet, hinges (four of them), a lock (optional, it is what I'm putting on mine.), and I'm not sure of the price of mylar.

A:Overall if you want to build a really good quality box you will need about C$170.00. That is only for the box.

2.Keep the floor space at two feet, that way yo ucan stack them one ontop of the other. Plus the extra space wont hurt at all.

3. No clue.

4. One plant, with two feet of room plus all the instruments you are going to have in there I suggest you go with one plant/box. So what you can do is veg one, when it is done vegging put it in the flowering box and then start another one in the vegging box. For this I would make a 3 foot veg box so the plant had lots of room to grow.

Hope I helped.

Da1KrayzieThug
12-21-2005, 05:00 PM
There was a great stealthbox setup on overgrow. I took this box and mutated the ideas from it and made it my own. I was looking for it just now and it seems as though maybe they took it off. I don't know but I'll look for it when I get back home later on.

amstron
12-21-2005, 06:10 PM
thanks guys youve been a great help. any info from anyone on cfls or anywhere to get info would be great?

amstron
12-21-2005, 07:01 PM
o, I cant stack the boxes on top of each other as I dont have enough headroom

amstron
12-21-2005, 07:05 PM
1. You will need two or three sheets of 1/4 inch plywood, here it is C$50.00/sheet
what wood do you suggest I use for the frame

Da1KrayzieThug
12-21-2005, 11:32 PM
http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=100786&onlyuser=&perpage=15?pagenumber=1

I'm basically mutating the idea for that and making it my own. But mine includes a carbon filter going out of the box.

HARDDON
12-22-2005, 12:13 AM
The only flaws I see in your designed flowering box:

1. The air intake should be at the bottom and the heat removal vent should be placed all the way at the top.

2. 5 FT. is pushing it if you are just going to grow a straight up tree. You need room for the light to hang, the light itself, the space between the canopy and light.

Grow an Indica strain in the size and allow for triple height stretch....DOnt veg longer than 40 days and the 5 ft will be fine.

3. Your veg box, ever though CFL lit, needs air in and out as well and room for a fan.

4. Dont use a reflector in that small space, rather use white white white paint. Or mylar.

Good Luck.

RastaKaze
12-22-2005, 12:45 AM
HARDDON?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?! :) :D :) :D ;) :stoned: :cool: :( :rasta: :pimp: :p :o :mad: :thumbsup: :confused: :dance: When the fuck did you get back man?????

Joel
12-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Oh my god its harddon. I couldnt beleive my eyes but I had to check the date!!
Hows it goin man?

BTW Not to high jack your thread.

Everything is looking awesome, and the growbox should come out nicely ,what kind of lights?

RastaKaze
12-22-2005, 01:23 AM
Yo I am not even fucking around I had to look at the date like 10 times and rub my eyes before I posted just to make sure I wasn't replyin' to some old ass message... I hope he's here to stay :D

Joel
12-22-2005, 01:28 AM
Well I checked the 'whos online' list right after I posted, and I guess he just showed up to see whats going on. We were all right, no matter what harddon says, he will always be there.

Da1KrayzieThug
12-22-2005, 04:09 AM
OK. Harddon posting while I'm still high kinda freaks the shit outta me. Don't know why, just does. Would be cool if you came back for good buddy. I'd love you to see my grow after I get back from chicago.

Savage Nature
12-22-2005, 04:27 AM
what wood do you suggest I use for the frame

For top quality, pressure treated 2x2's. If you don't really wanna go with top quality wood (which if you ask me is just an unnecessary thing in this case) just go get some 2x2's, doesn't have to be pressure treated.

That is what I am going to try and get for my grow operation, 1/4 inch plywood and 2x2's (lucky me we have lots of 2x2's in my yard!). :cool:

amstron
12-22-2005, 03:19 PM
thanks to all for you replies.
o and joel, Im using a 250 watt hps for flowering room and am not sure how many watts of cfls to use for the veg box?