PDA

View Full Version : does thai stick exist anymore?

budsbuddy
12-14-2005, 04:15 AM
:D I see pictures of all the buds they have now days but I never see stuff on what I grew up on. is there ever acapolco gold or gold coulumbiun or wahakin. or thai sticks?
any body seen them in less than 20 years?
I am rediscovering hash and hope some of my old favorites are still around. :stoned::smokin:

HannabisTheCannabis
12-14-2005, 11:40 AM
in the last 20 years???? thats a pretty long time..... however i remember that old thi-weed on the stick, used to steal it out of my brothers dresser drawer all the time but that was over 20 years ago. you can still get thai but i don't think it's the same strain and i also think the stick is a thing of the past, poeple don't want to pay for a stick....acapolco gold as far as i know is a obsolete strain, columbian is still on the market...but i'm sure it's been totally re-designed from 20 yrs ago....

The strains are constantly changing, the weed we are toking today will be gone tomorrow....lol

HTC

lostinTO
12-14-2005, 02:23 PM
When I was in Amsterdam this October we purchased Moroccan black hash and it was in a stick format - very cheap (between $7 to $11 /gm) I think they also had Thai but they are much more into hash over there and you can get a lot of different varieties.
The hash I get here has a different consistancy - it's not as sticky but then again it tastes just fine.

DonnieDarko
12-15-2005, 12:23 AM
A related topic .... about 25-30 years ago, in college, I used to get stoned on THC, or just "T", and even purple double barrel. It was a small, cylindrical shaped pill, and was blue/purple. It was taken orally and gave a very strong body stone, lasted about 2-3 hours, without smoking anything.

Does anyone else recall this and is it still around ???? I was out of the game for a while, but I also remember the Thai Stick in the 70's as a very nice high.

budsbuddy
12-15-2005, 02:34 AM
I seem to remember that called canibnol i think. the stuff we did we snorted. And it made you trip if you did enough.

Breukelen advocaat
12-15-2005, 05:30 AM
The best Thai sticks that we had here on the East Coast yielded about 7 sticks per oz. There was a cheaper, green, Thai that numbered about 15 sticks per oz. The big ones were WAY better.

Thai on sticks seemed to leave about 20-25 years ago, and then it was sold stickless for a while. There was also "chocolate" Thai that was popular in the mid-late '80's - you could even get it from the street dealers . That was pretty good, but no match for the older "big" sticks of extremely strong top-grade ones.

Some of the better strains of today are, although different, very good and worthy of comparison to the good Thai.
Unfortunatly, I have no regular, local supplier for these strains (violins and tears, lol) :(

robert42
12-15-2005, 05:12 PM
ive heard so ;)

budsbuddy
12-16-2005, 07:24 PM
can you find it robert?:D