PDA

View Full Version : arrested(again)

endo..jay
12-13-2005, 04:08 AM
ok for awhile the five-oh has known who i am and what i do but im smart about it(kinda) the only real charge they pin on me is some possesion under 50g's and a paraphanaila(sp) but anyways they got me again 2day thats 2x this year but let me set the scene for you:

driving to work cop pulls me over said for speeding well i pull into a parking lot and he gets out of his car and i get out of mine he tells me to get back into my car i do. then he asked for the lic., reg and alll that bs well i give it to him and he says 'step out of the car sir" so i do he says he smells mj...well i know there wasnt cuz i havent smoke in my car since sat night with the ladies well he then he reads me my rights says im not under arrest but he read them i never said i understood them i just stood there with a stern face..then he says he is goin to search my car, i said "if im not under arrest you need my consent to search my car" so i never gave consent or was fully aware of my rights so he puts me in the back of his car and digs through my car finds some papers comes back and says "ok so where is the pot at?" i said " there is no pot to my knowledge" so her tears up my center console and finds maybe 8 roaches long story short im fucked and i only had 5 months of probation left:cursing: ...oh and he also said that in the great state of jerzy that the smell of mj is enough probable cause to warrent a search. well i really dont know how i can fight this one maybe the didnt understand my rights? any help is greatly appreciated...thx in advance jay

motorcycletony222
12-13-2005, 09:29 PM
The cop is right. He said he could smell it and in fact did find something. The courts will back up his search as legal. Its a crock of shit though. What happened was he ran your name or lic. number and your rap sheet popped up. He was going to search you and your car no matter what that day, with or without violating your rights. He knows most dont know their rights and the ones who do are to afraid to do anything about it. Fight this and the probation violation. Since you are so close to discharge on the probation they may not do anything about it. It is still your word against his in the search. Cops are lazy and stupid, he might not have done everything by the book. Fight it and get a lawyer. Its worth it to make payments to a dumb ass lawyer than pay a court fine. Dont even think about using the courts public pretenders, they work for the court not you.

420kidder
12-13-2005, 10:25 PM
Thats some bullshit. We need to start a website where we all anonymously list asshole cops, and nearby residents cap them. :)

The only thing that you can do here is get a lawyer. Your story is pretty solid, and these things happen all of the time. I'm sure a great lawyer could talk your way out of this since I'm sure everyone gets booked in this event, and it's impossible for every account to be accurate. Get a good lawyer buddy. :( I'm sorry this shit has to happen to us smokers.

Myth1184
12-14-2005, 12:46 AM
if the cop spells marijuana he does not need your consent, Also you do not have to be aware of your rights, playing dumb when you know damn well your rights isnt an excuse. Since your on probation and got caught with roaches....welcome to violation of your probation

Big.M
12-14-2005, 01:36 AM
Cops play hunches / percentages , If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck , You are A duck. Rule number one Don't smoke in your car , I bet stats would show more pot busts for use, and possesion, is by traffic stops . Aroma of weed , pipes, roaches, papers, Alittle baggy on your person , in the glove box, in the console . If most people would smoke in the privacy of there own home , instead of out in the public , Cars And yes cars are considered out in public. etc, You would hear of alot less arrests .

motorcycletony222
12-14-2005, 10:16 AM
Big M. is right. There is a time and place for everything. I like the idea of a site for names of dumb ass po po's and lets include snitches. If more snitches were capped the world would be better off. I personally dont hold a grudge about cops until they lie and steal then I say off with their heads. Add judges too.

Big.M
12-14-2005, 12:02 PM
I agree the names of , asshole cops, and snitches should be posted on a websight .Include the name , the state ,and city the cop is located in . I bet cops would be watching how they act , and treat people , not to mention looking over there shoulder every minute of the day and night . :thumbsup: P.S That being said the cops who do there job properly , and fairly should be given a level of respect , There is alot of good cops out there just trying to make a living .