PDA

View Full Version : Feminizing young plants........

eepology
12-07-2005, 12:29 AM
I've heard rumors of people using birth control pills to feminize seedlings. Perhaps the estrogen in the pills???? No idea if this has any merit but would be interested to hear anyones opinion. Thanks, E-manundefinedundefined :rasta:

cnd411
12-07-2005, 01:28 AM
I've heard rumors of people using birth control pills to feminize seedlings. Perhaps the estrogen in the pills???? No idea if this has any merit but would be interested to hear anyones opinion. Thanks, E-manundefinedundefined :rasta:

Interesting :D :confused: :cool:

stinkyattic
01-06-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm more likely to believe that bovine growth hormone can affect humans (another mammal) than to think that estrogen (a mammalian hormone) can work on plants, which aren't even in the same kingdom!

I have read that using a light in the visible blue spectrum can help the plants decide that they want to be girlies.

I'm really curious about this too. Does anyone know how to convince seedlings to go female?

turtle420
01-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Use the search function of these forums...
This topic has been discussed about 1 or 2 months ago... great input on that thread. I think that the conclusion was that this is just a myth... bullshit.

Make the search, I'm sure you'll find it.