PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP HELP HELP EMERGENCY

twilightattwelve
12-03-2005, 05:44 AM
HELP

Three major systems:
Two Varieties: AK-47, Romberry

As of right now I have a major infestation of something on the AK-47. My fear from closer examination may be the dreaded spider mite. The Romberry is hanging on better however I am begining to see signs of some infestation. Currently in the fourth week of flowering.

My question is two fold

1. What the heck do I have?

2. How can I treat the issue with as little damage to the crop as possible?

Bspectral
12-03-2005, 07:21 AM
Boil up 2 cups of water in a saucepan and add a whole head of garlic to it, 7-12 cloves . Mash the cloves well then strain the mush out and you will have garlic spray . Spray the plants 'well wet' 2 days in a row and then 1 more time before the end of the week . Any little bugs will scatter and the plant will be fine becoming greener again if you arent weeks into flowering yet. It kills unhatched eggs too . The bigger the head of garlic is, the stronger and faster it works . Buy a dollarstore spraybottle 1$ and garlic <1$ before wasting any more time.

420kidder
12-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Wow, I wish I could cut and paste this informative tidbit into my forum but I don't want to steal peoples posts. Where the heck did you learn how to do that from? :) lol - Did you find it somewhere on this site or because you have a green thumb or maybe even word of mouth? :dance: I was just wondering, doesn't really matter but I hope it works for him because that's just a great easy way to deal with a big problem!!!

ScorpionKing
12-05-2005, 01:31 AM
Good info, Bspectral :thumbsup:

cnd411
12-05-2005, 04:03 AM
Boil up 2 cups of water in a saucepan and add a whole head of garlic to it, 7-12 cloves . Mash the cloves well then strain the mush out and you will have garlic spray . Spray the plants 'well wet' 2 days in a row and then 1 more time before the end of the week . Any little bugs will scatter and the plant will be fine becoming greener again if you arent weeks into flowering yet. It kills unhatched eggs too . The bigger the head of garlic is, the stronger and faster it works . Buy a dollarstore spraybottle 1$ and garlic <1$ before wasting any more time.

Also, make sure to spray underside of the leaves as well.

twilightattwelve
12-06-2005, 05:54 AM
Thank you so much for the advice I've used it for two days in a row and man it works great. Some recomendations I would have is to use three times the amount of cloves, it really stinks like pure death. It's day two and I see very little infestation. I will continue to use it and my guess is it should clear up.

Word to the wise, this stinks horribly bad, its no wonder the bugs dont' like it
use a gas mask when applying.

hipEstoner
12-11-2005, 11:50 PM
wow, never knew bugs hated garlic

Midnight Baker
12-12-2005, 12:20 AM
I love the comeradery this website has. People need help or have questions and everyone for the most part is more than willing to provide the aid. Good job Bspectral.

BukDatAss
12-13-2005, 05:24 AM
WOOW thats crazy advice bout the garlic :thumbsup: I hope I dont have to use it but now I know what to do.

Bspectral
12-13-2005, 06:49 AM
It works for most all plants,indoors and outside and in greenhouses. It kills eggs before they hatch on leaves and just about anything crawling or flying will scat. ------Cool to hear it helped u twillightattwelve.

Zandor
12-13-2005, 04:16 PM
You know from looking at the large leaf. I hope you are right about it being some bugs.
Are you using RO water?
Do you use CalMag Plus?

It could be mag defenicy as well rust spots are a sign of that.

FYI
Manganese immobile
The toxicity is compound by low humidity. The low humidity will make the plant transpire more and draw even more manganese out of the foliage. If it keeps up there will also be deficiency of Fe and Zn as well.

savethebud
12-13-2005, 09:23 PM
you can also add a third of a cig in your tea...does wonders....kills all bugs....u also might want to add a drop of liquid soap to the mix right before you use it...helps the mixture stick

Chris Chronic
12-14-2005, 11:49 PM
you can also add a third of a cig in your tea...does wonders....kills all bugs....u also might want to add a drop of liquid soap to the mix right before you use it...helps the mixture stick

a cigarette ? really

this whole garlic thing is mind-blowing to me haha

thats amazing im gunna use that shit if i see those little red or silverback mother fuckers ! lol :dance:

Bspectral
12-15-2005, 08:25 AM
And after a while the garlic spray will rinse right off the plant with regular watersprayings leaving the plant healthy looking and very clean smokable. :thumbsup:

Johnny Hempseed
12-26-2005, 02:32 PM
I agree with zandor....that doesn't look like bugs to me..more likely you are watering with the wrong PH level and it's causing whatever magnesium you have in your nute regimine to be locked out..Check your ph and look At your nutes to be sure they have enough magnesium..a couple spoonfuls of epsom salt in 20 liters of water works well...
The bug spray recipe is a good one..I simply grind plain bar soap up with a cheese grater and mix it 1-40 with water...
Here's a link to deficiencies----> Click here! (http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/t142)
And remember..never spray your plants with the lights on...

J DOG 6000
01-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Zandor is right I think too.
I also thought it was a ph thing at first glance.

Starchild
01-24-2006, 07:40 PM
also a few cayenne pods soaked in water and then sprayed will work

Also a friend had a few sage plants potted around her herb to repel bugs..

ORGANIC ALL THE WAY

Garden Knowm
01-25-2006, 09:04 AM
it looks like both PH and bugs...

your ph looks to high.. I bet it is up over 8.0

I do see the signs of bugs...spidermites.... but how come no mention of webs?

If the leaves look like that from spidermites then you would have major webs...

DId I miss something?

Can we see a picture of the whole plant?
please..

: )
love

Zandor
01-25-2006, 05:08 PM
I still say i'm right..............You can get the same reaction in the plant you see in your leaf if the humidity is to low too.

Really you will get that if the humidity is to low almost every time. The plant is struggling to grow and maintain health.

What humidity do you have?