PDA

View Full Version : Interesting

Reminissions
07-18-2004, 04:20 PM
I thought about this weed is natrual right, but the only thing unnatural is the government trying to stop us from smoking it, now that i think about it in my religion god created the earth and everything on it so therefore he created marijuana,if its so horrible then why did he put it on the earth?

IntrepidS
07-18-2004, 04:23 PM
You are right but you obviously also do not understand why MJ is illegal. But yes overall you have a very noble idea which more people should know about. The plant is frickin natural and they're telling us we're not allowed to use it. It's not even processed like most drugs are!

Day Dreamin Faze
07-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Like i was telling my freind last night, they should make cigs and alcohal illegal for a year and see what happends to the econemy and most of all to all the addicts out there.

crystal clear pepsi
07-18-2004, 08:49 PM
tru dat

Reminissions
07-18-2004, 09:50 PM
tell me why mj is illegal than, im not getting offensive or anything im just wondering about your philosophy and yes tru dat lol

rnf232s
07-18-2004, 09:59 PM
I watched a show on the history channel about drugs and stuff and it talked about why marijuana became illegal. It was saying in the 1930s or sometime around then a lot of Mexican immigrants were coming over and they all smoked this stuff which was marijuana. They made it illegal cause they were trying to find a way to bust all these immigrants for stuff. So pretty much marijuana became illegal because the government wanted to be racial and prejudice. I dont remember all of the details but that was pretty much the gist of it.

IntrepidS
07-18-2004, 10:18 PM
It's illegal because it's a mlti-billion dollar market and the gov't isn't getting any tax money from it, but they can't legalize it without getting a ton of critisizm. It's simply to dangerous to risk their status.

Reminissions
07-18-2004, 11:00 PM
you know intrempid(sp?) is right they cant tax it cuz ppl would just grow it in their back yards therefore deceasing people mowing their lawn therefore ppl not buying gas to power their lawn mowers resulting in the oil industry losing money and bush does own like 2 % of most of the oil companies like he owns 2% of texaco or some shit.

fight the power

teresaj2k
07-19-2004, 09:56 AM
see, i think if they would legalize it they could make it work with tax and whatnot. seriously, how many people would go to the trouble of growing if you could run to the gas station and but a pack of joints? and what about all these urban areas? who, in the city, really wants to waste all that money on electricity, lights, ventalation, etc.? the #1 reason i hear most people say they grow is because it's too hard to find/don't wanna pay these crazy prices. that reason would be nearly eliminated. thats why i grew my first time, but now i grow for fun more than anything else. think about it, you can grow your own fruits and veggies but do you? it's so easy to pick those up at the grocery store most people don't bother.

i think it's not legal again for a number of reasons. the gov has spent so much time and money telling us it's bad. so if they go back on that they'd be caught with egg on their face, and we all know how poloticians hate that. also, many don't understand the drug. it's easy to hate and/or fear what we don't understand. and simply enough it's just not a priority issue. i bet most poloticians don't spend more than five seconds a year thinking about pot (excluding when they're smoking it of course).

Niftyfifty
07-19-2004, 11:25 PM
Marijuana had no representation. The FDA was just set up and consisted of three people: one dude who "knew it all" and two guys who were learning from the dude who "knew it all". He had no knowledge concerning marijuana and when it came to classifying it as a safe or unsafe drug, the man chose to classify it as unsafe without any research to say why. This is what I've heard through the grapevine.
The racial issue was also another factor concerning marijuana and the mexicans, cocaine and the blacks, heroin and the chinese, and so on. The people in power found that the drugs were hindering the work they were supposed to be doing and so those in power took it all out of the picture by making them illegal.

Reminissions
08-11-2004, 04:06 AM
yea thats what i saw too it was on the histroy channel and shit late at night :D

OceansOfSound
08-11-2004, 05:03 AM
I think that more people will wake up in the course of my lifetime and realize that it's just a harmless plant. I think it'll be legal by the year 2015.

Cannabinoidal
08-12-2004, 02:02 AM
I'm assuming youre either Christian or Catholic...let me explain this to you.

You claim that just because everything is natural, it is ok for humans to use. Well think about this: God told Adam and Eve not to eat the fruits from that forbidden tree thing. Guess what--they did and that's why we have sin. Or somethin like that. So I don't necessarily think that God approves of it...but he may, you never know. As far as I know, there is nothing in the bible about marijuana.

YES
08-18-2004, 04:31 PM
You can also make strictnine (sp) and tons of other poisons from natural growning plants. God put those plants on the earth and i dont think he wants us poisoning people. JUst a thought.

DrGonzo
08-18-2004, 07:55 PM
I agree, YES, but...weed was discovered to have such wonderful properties when humans were still hunter/gatherers (apologies to anybody who doesn't think that way) People noticed that when they went gathering berries, nuts, plants and such, that a certain type of plant made them feel good the more they touched it (yes, just skin absorption!) they soon found that it could be eaten, or burnt to make a pleasing aroma...point I'm making is, it was simply found by chance. now, if it had been incredibly poisonous, and anybody who ate it died, how long do you think people would have kept eating it? plants don't kill people, people kill people USING plants. or guns, or whatever...and I'll bet god didn't want that, either?

if god hadn't wanted people to kill each other, why would he make a creature that is a) adaptable to any environment, b) naturally ignorant of uninteresting things, c) far too smart for its own good, and d) reproduces for pleasure, not expansion?

KillaBuzz
08-18-2004, 08:36 PM
well this iz such a contraversial topic, so many interestin pointz brought up on both sidez ov the equation. but unfortunatly, there aint nuttin in the bible that sayz "yer allowed to smoke mj", so i guess we will never kno. an i wood luv ta get rite into this convo but my post wood b 5 pagez long so i wont bother.
PeAcE

KillaBuzz
08-18-2004, 08:38 PM
well there iz talk about the herb fer the service ov man, but i mean that there iznt a clear statement sayin whether er not were "allowed" ta use. i dunt rlly care either way, i aint hurtin nobody wit my use, an itz all natural.
PeAcE

Reminissions
08-19-2004, 03:08 AM
can i get a tps report? lol sorry

virus
09-08-2004, 04:21 PM
i was readin bout it the other day an like 1930 the head of poilce issued a statment cant remember exact words but along the lines of "mj makes a darkie this he is an equal to a white man" fuck the goverment

maryjanemama
09-08-2004, 05:22 PM
The next time you log onto cannabis.com click on Cannabis FAQ and all the mystery will be revealed. These boards are great but there is more to cannabis.com than the message boards, there's terrific info in all of the parts of this site.

Kaira
11-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Weed is natural, that is true, but so are various other plants which are poisonous and do, in fact, kill us. Just because something is "found in nature" does not make it good.

However, it should be are choice given what we know about the damage marijuana can cause whether we think smoking it is still a worthy activity. The government restricting us is wrong for this reason.

Don't be stupid, marijuana definately has negative effects- and all smokers have to deal with that fact.

GooseBear
11-04-2004, 10:17 PM
yeah okay

Who would die first an alcoholic or a pot head???????

Mello.as.Hello
11-05-2004, 01:46 AM
As far as America goes, legalization is a topic far from the headlines. In fact, under the new Bush regime, I'm sure penalties will increase, making it hard for me to use this medicinal herb. Until 2008 (which is when my lady and I are moving to Vancouver) I fear we're just gonna have to deal with these gestapo tactics and the "hitler-esque" propoganda of the Bush media empire.

And as for the argument over god's approval? I've spent years studying the religions of the world, and the bulk of Christianity builds the God of fundamental Christianity to be a pretty forgiving guy. So I imagine (If the dogma is true, which requires more debate) he/she wouldn't be too mad in the end.

I think it's a harmless plant, and SHOULD be legal like tobacco, regulated and taxed for use by responsible adults. Check out www.norml.org for the movement's position.

koshea
11-05-2004, 04:23 AM
i dont think if its legalized people would just grow it, i mean, think of the millions of cig. addicts in the USA, you dont see many..if ANY people with tobacco plants growin in their back yards

lateralus
11-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Ok. I've heard numerous theories about why it is illegal, but I'm pretty sure the real reason behind it's being illegal is the downfall of the economy which it would probably produce should it be legalized. The economy relies on a large part on pharmaceuticals being prescribed to medical patients. I'm almost positive that I read somewhere that weed was prescribed as a 'wonder drug' prior to it's prohibition. Since marijuana has so little side-effects (especially in relation to many phamaceuticals out there), legalizing it would make those medications far less popular than they currently are.
Since we rely so heavily on sellin' these, if weed was legal, most would probably switch to marijuana. And yes, many many people WOULD grow it, and you can't grow pharmaceuticals can you? Less money going into the system. Let's also not forget that we've tried to legalize it, and it didn't pass.. it's not only the government who doesn't want you smoking, it's your neighbor. Your teacher. Your parents. The people open-minded enough to realize the great and harmless potential of marijuana are few and far between. I'd say we're a minority.

Mello.as.Hello
11-08-2004, 03:09 PM
Well, minorities get to bitch about hardship, and everybody watches what they say around them. I say we got the good end this time.

Kid Dynamite
11-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Yeah...i wish i was a minority. Plus you get to use all the slurs without people giving you a hard time. Also i dont use an oil lawnmower...so im sticking it to the man already!

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

lateralus
11-08-2004, 06:57 PM
Yea', minority was the wrong word. I just meant that if the majority of people wanted it legal it would be.

Mello.as.Hello
11-08-2004, 07:33 PM
I'm sorry, man. but that's just NOT TRUE.

The smallest numbers of people make the decisions for the largest. Less than 500 mostly white aging american men make the decisions and rules for the entire country. It doesn't mean a damn thing if we wanted it, because they don't give a hit about our votes.

Look at the election here on Nov.2
Everybody went around saying "the only bush I trust is my own" or, especially, "vote or die"... but BUSH STILL GOT RE ELECTED. The point is, no matter how many people want something, the decisions are not ours.