PDA

View Full Version : Growing with LEDs

FinestHour
12-01-2005, 04:13 AM
For those who were interested in the idea that plants could be grown using high intensity LEDs, i thought you might like to see a prototype LED array i have fabricated....in all i hope to have 6 blue LED pannels and 3 red LED pannels...each identical in design as the blue pannel shown below
these little things put out a surprising amount of light, and best of all...it's all at the same wavelength!

questions/comments?

turtle420
12-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Looks good... looks good.

What are your growing plans for them?

FinestHour
12-01-2005, 07:31 PM
well unfortunately, the plants that i was growing turned out to be males...it sucked, so now i need to find some feminised seeds...and have no idea how i'm going to get some where i live...i was in amsterdam in Aug and checked out a shop that sold them there, and should have brought some home with me...but i didn't...until i get my hands on some i'm going to continue building these LED arrays and can't wait to test them out...it's kinda an experiment, but i'm confident that it will work!

mightymarijuanabuds
12-02-2005, 04:06 AM
it will work just great.. but the LED technology isn't far along enough to be an impressive alternative.. .either too much work involved in making them, for too little payoff, or too much $$ to buy them

you will get a decent result if you have enough light, but for the general grower LEDs won't be ready for a couple more years at least

good luck with this one though, ill be watchin :)