PDA

View Full Version : Good Evening DFW

mike0604
12-01-2005, 03:20 AM
Hello there Cannabis.com Texas forum! I'm new here, just moved to Dallas 3 months ago out of Milwaukee, WI. (My lady got a good job down here, I came along for the ride.) It's been good so far, I've got a little band-thing in the works, got a decent job, nice flat, great neighborhood (Lakewood), and I'll never have to shovel my car out of a pile of snow two feet deep. And the Mexican food is much better. There has been talk on this forum of some sort of meeting, y'all can count me as interested if it ever gets discussed seriously. Being 25, I might qualify as a young one to some of y'all, but I'm pretty chill, and seem to have a knack for having older friends... People my age say this is because I like to chill out at home instead of going out and seeing how much alcohol I can pour into myself without falling over (which does have its merits, now and again).

So yeah, once again, whats up, DFW?

Torog
12-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Howdy and Welcome to this here forum,Mike !

Here in Texas,we even welcome yankees..lol. :D

I'm glad that y'all found a 'flat'..lol and a job for yer lady,I think that y'all will like it here and I wish the best for y'all ! I have a daughter yer age,and I'm 46 years old,and I don't see any reason why we can't git along. In fact,I ain't ever gonna call y'all yankees anymore- y'all are probationary Texans now..lol. Heck,my best friend is from Oklahoma,and I don't hold it against him anymore..lol..and my gal is from Florida,I don't hold that against her either..lol.

Daggum..I wish that we could all git together..I'm sure that we would have a blast !

Have a good one !

mike0604
12-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Howdy Torog! Naturally, some of the biggest differences between northerners and southerners are language-related, but I was surprized by the general confusion I got when I referred to an apartment as a 'flat.' As I understand it, (at least up north) the term flat applies to a "house style apartment" as opposed to the standard apartment-complex-type apartment. When I tell folks I have an apartment down here, they want to know how I'm enjoying the fitness room and swimming pool. To which I can say, "well... there's an oak tree in the yard... and I enjoy that just fine."
mike

ps- we also refer to "drinking fountains" as "bubblers." I have no idea why.

Torog
12-02-2005, 01:36 PM
Howdy Torog! Naturally, some of the biggest differences between northerners and southerners are language-related, but I was surprized by the general confusion I got when I referred to an apartment as a 'flat.' As I understand it, (at least up north) the term flat applies to a "house style apartment" as opposed to the standard apartment-complex-type apartment. When I tell folks I have an apartment down here, they want to know how I'm enjoying the fitness room and swimming pool. To which I can say, "well... there's an oak tree in the yard... and I enjoy that just fine."
mike

ps- we also refer to "drinking fountains" as "bubblers." I have no idea why.
Howdy Mike,

Yeah..I was just poking fun at ya,lol,heck,you can call yer flat a crib--for all I care..it's all good..lol. When I was in Saudi,we lived in a three-story house,but everyone there called it a 'villa'..lol. Heck..when I think of 'bubblers',it usually means either a toking pipe with water in it-but no carb hole,or as a growing device that's essentially hydroponic,using air pumps to oxygenate a reserve..lol.

Have a good one !

Brownstone
02-21-2006, 09:47 PM
Torog, I gotta admit, when I read your posts, I can just imagine you chillin out at your place laughing your ass off!

I'm crackin up!:thumbsup:

TresLeches
02-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Yeah...I'm new to the boards and I keep seeing Torog's posts. They always make me laugh. Torog, you remind me of my dad. I don't mean that in the "you're old" kind of way. I mean my dad is just a laid back ex-military, fiscal conservative, social liberal redneck. I love it.

TheEngineer
02-22-2006, 05:13 AM
Speaking of 'bubblers'... I can't believe the shit I saw today. I was on my way to class, driving thu my neighborhood, I look over and see a guy that looked a little bit like Torog's picture, sitting in his driveway in broad daylight with a beer in one hand and the mouthpiece of a gigantic hooka in the other. The hooka was about 3ft tall and had a pillar of smoke flowing out of it. I couldn't tell if it was weed - I was terribly late for class so I didn't stop to find out... I'll be watching that guy from here on out!

God I wish I had some smoke...

Torog
02-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah...I'm new to the boards and I keep seeing Torog's posts. They always make me laugh. Torog, you remind me of my dad. I don't mean that in the "you're old" kind of way. I mean my dad is just a laid back ex-military, fiscal conservative, social liberal redneck. I love it.

Howdy TresLeches,

Howdy and welcome to this here Texas forum:D

Thanx for yer kind words,I do believe more in laughter than pessimism,and here at my 'crib',that's what we got-my gal and I,do laugh alot and there ain't no angry words around here..we're big believers in positive karma. :)

I try to make my home an oasis of peace,harmony and a refuge from the madness..lol.

Have a good one ! :stoned:

TxJoker2006
02-23-2006, 06:51 PM
hi everyone! Im new here, just joined yesterday, and i saw this topic and i thought i had to leave my mark here...so, high everyone!

Nikita123
02-24-2006, 12:11 AM
hi everyone! Im new here, just joined yesterday, and i saw this topic and i thought i had to leave my mark here...so, high everyone!

Welcome Joker. I'm just about a mile north of Addison.:rasta:

Brownstone
02-24-2006, 08:05 PM

Welcome Joker. Uptown over here.

TxJoker2006
02-26-2006, 08:25 AM
hello guys!

PottyMcSmoke
02-27-2006, 06:10 AM
howdy from another texas native... it would be nice to meet some fellow horticulturalist in the DFW area... if anything is seriously discussed, i would be interested

w4terb0ng
03-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Southeast Dallas here.

how's everyone doing?