PDA

View Full Version : Hemp Legalization... PRONTO!

Make it Hempen
11-30-2005, 10:23 PM
There might be a thread already on this... but I was too lazy to go through it all so I just want you guys' opinions on hemp legalization.

Obviously, there are some hemp products sold in the US (they are expensive as hell) since hemp is illegal to grow in the United States. For one, commercial hemp has less than .3 percent THC (impossible to smoke and get high), and its economic potential is off the chain.

Whats even worse is that the FDA is looking to ban all hemp products as well... what the fuck?!

Who hates the government for this?! I do! Rah!

Love- Kate

beachguy in thongs
11-30-2005, 10:45 PM
Hey, Kate, I'm Chris, I just posted this yesterday. It's about the money we would save if we ended prohibition. 5.3 Billion on State & Local levels alone. There are six reports here. http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=41444

daves19
12-01-2005, 04:07 PM
There might be a thread already on this... but I was too lazy to go through it all so I just want you guys' opinions on hemp legalization.

Obviously, there are some hemp products sold in the US (they are expensive as hell) since hemp is illegal to grow in the United States. For one, commercial hemp has less than .3 percent THC (impossible to smoke and get high), and its economic potential is off the chain.

Whats even worse is that the FDA is looking to ban all hemp products as well... what the fuck?!

Who hates the government for this?! I do! Rah!

Love- Kate

FDA are snakes...they ban hemp because they would lose too much money without the pills!

We love you too,
-Dude

Clevelandsmokin
12-02-2005, 12:58 AM
if u read the emperor wears no clothes it claims how hemp can save the planet and replace many of the scarce natural resources of today such as trees and textiles among other things

Make it Hempen
12-02-2005, 03:01 AM
if u read the emperor wears no clothes it claims how hemp can save the planet and replace many of the scarce natural resources of today such as trees and textiles among other things

Yeah! I read that by Jack Herer. Great book!

- Kate

litespeed
12-07-2005, 05:28 AM
Now, that the Federal Supreme Court ruled app. last Feb. 6th 2004 that the Fed. Gov. can not ban hemp food, there is a distinction made and the Supreme court ruling helps define it.
---------------------------------
If hemp food is now not banned and the Feds are prohibited from banning it, because it only has traces of THC, then it stands to reason that farmers can grow it.

APTUtah
12-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Has anyone seen the latest news? Too bad the U.S. has its head up it arse.

Also the DEA was sued and had to drop their ban on hemp in the States

"Court Orders Drug Enforcement Administration to Pay Hemp Industry Plaintiff's Legal Bills
Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps to Receive $21,265 Reimbursement"

Dr. Bronner's soap is magic soap! I wash with hemp and eat hemp foods everyday!

The USA is the only first world country that does not have a hemp production industry and new Ford cars have hemp in their door panel plastics.

[email protected] www.geocities.com/aptutah health.groups.yahoo.com/group/aptutah/ (http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/aptutah/)

"Hemp tested for sewage treatment
06 December 2005

By JILL GALLOWAY

Feilding has its own crop of hemp which scientists are testing to check its anti-pollution powers for rivers.
Hemp looks like marijuana but has less than 100th of the hallucinogenic THC chemical in it than the illegal drug has.
Massey University horticulture lecturer Mike Nichols says the trial planting covering a fifth of a hectare is about 40 centimetres tall and masters student Randall Gibson has just begun taking samples from plants.
"Hemp is known to be a good absorber of nitrogen and phosphorous, both of which are river pollutants," Dr Nichols says.
The planting has been done in conjunction with the Feilding sewage treatment plant, which has treated waste going into the Oroua River.
The hemp is in "tertiary treated waste" which means it has gone through several treatments before being put on paddocks, Manawatu District Council waste manager Bill Smith says.
It's the hemp plant's rapid growth and use that makes it attractive as a trial crop.
"Hemp has many uses, including fibre for clothes or to make a tough material which can even be used as a replacement for some plastics in cars," Dr Nichols says.
He has a licence to grow the hemp and has told Feilding's police, as the crop looks like marijuana.
The cultivar being grown could grow to be more than 2 metres tall. Some plant types grow to 4 metres, Dr Nichols says.
"Although it's early days, the results look promising and hemp has a lot of potential as a crop which can take nutrients out before they reach water," Mr Gibson says.
The hemp crop is being grown at three planting densities and will be tested monthly to check absorption rates of phosphorus and nitrogen. "

Esoteric416
12-11-2005, 04:19 AM
Hemp is seriously the answer to so many of our nations problems it's not even funny.
Some people quote the Bible where it says something about Gog giving the seed bearing plant, and they say it pertains to marijuana for smoking but I think it would be more acurate to say it was hemp that God wanted mankind to have. It is such a usefull plant, we could go a long way toward healing the damage we've done to our planet if utilized hemp to it's full potential.
I'm not some nut who thinks all of mankind's ills will be solved this way but from the info I've seen there is virtualy no downside to the use of hemp, and I include the use of cannabis to get high in that statement. When I learned that tree pulp used to make paper is only 30% usefull and that hemp fibre is 70% usefull for the same application I was floored. The government and their corporate benefactors are doing so much harm by repressing this plant.
Sorry for the total rant but I just felt I had to make my point known.
Thanks for the thread Kate.

Stoner Shadow Wolf
12-11-2005, 07:16 AM
if we do not exerscise our rights, they will become weak and easily defeated.

our right to persue happyness is under attack, and largely we do nothing. it is beyond time to take up arms and defend our freedom, we're letting the government walk all over us.

they have too much power, and you all are to oblind to see that we cannot, within our rights, defeat the opposition.

it's time for revolution, but sadly, no one is awake to fight, no one can see any reason to defend their rights.

you are all blind and pitiful, im tired of this existance, why arent you?

im not directing this at anyone in particular, but DAMNIT! let's get organized!!! >=( >=(

APTUtah
12-11-2005, 07:41 PM
I'm here and fighting hard. Let's legalize hemp, it won't be hard. All we need to do is do it. Already Hawaii, California, Montana, North Dakota, Virginia, Minnesota, Vermont, Maine, Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, and West Virginia all have laws in support of hemp production. The problem is the federal government doesn't see a difference between hemp and marijuana. And the feds have this 5-year mandatory minimum that kicks in when you have over 100 plants or 100 kilos, so they will go after any hemp farmer for sure, as it would be hard to produce hemp without over 100 plants.
What needs to happen is every state that has a citizenâ??s initiative or referendum process needs to pass a petition initiative that legalizes hemp in their state. Then when a majority of states have legalized hemp, the federal government will have a majority of congressmen and senators from states whoâ??s citizens have voted yes to hemp, if the elected representatives didn't represent those who elected them, I'm sure someone else would be elected at the next possibility, so reps from states with hemp would have to be in favor of hemp or they would be voted out.
I don't understand how the hemp industry in Canada doesn't recognize this and fund citizen initiative hemp campaigns across the US. Maybe no one has told them yet?
Chris