PDA

View Full Version : NooBie HELp (temps to high)

BukDatAss
11-30-2005, 02:54 AM
Hello I have a 2x4x7ft box in my closet with 10 seedlings starting to grow.

today 7 of them popped thru the dirt but some had curled downward, and

some had yellow another a purple color on one of its side, then i noticed the

temp reading was at 109%F :( thats with a 3ft Osc Fan. how can I keep

these temps down. I have a 400 watt MH about 4 ft away from the plants

but Man its really hot in my closet HELP I can put money but not too much

Xmas is right around the corner???? HELLLLP PLEASE :o

BkSkillz
11-30-2005, 03:42 AM
air circulation is important...but equally important is that it be fresh air circulation not just the same stagnant closet air...i'd sedgjest figurign out how tomake a ventilation system where fresh air would be pumped from the outside of the grow chamber pumping air in and also the fan inside of the grow chamber pumping air out...best of luck

Psycho4Bud
11-30-2005, 05:10 AM
Drop it down to a 250 watt lamp or switch to some flo's for the sprouting...your definately torching the crop! Good Luck!!! :thumbsup:

stickygreenlightsabr
12-01-2005, 02:13 AM
You need to find a way to get air OUT of that closet. Can you make holes in the wall, the closet door, ceiling? Is the growroom air/light tight? You can run some dryer hose with an inline fan to exhaust the air, you just have to figure out where.

stickygreenlightsabr
12-01-2005, 02:20 AM
Oh yea, are you worried about odor? :)

BukDatAss
12-01-2005, 05:44 AM
thanx not yet (odor) but Im gonna see what I can do I was able to drop the temp down to 80 - 85 by leaving the closet door wide open with the window ac on in the room, my plan wasnt to leave the closet door open but it was able to drop the temps down, and the little guys seem to be doing fine now there only 3days old now so I'll just have and wait i guess and see what my next prob will be

BobBong
12-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Heat rises.. you need to remove the heat from the top and input fresh air at the bottom

mightymarijuanabuds
12-01-2005, 05:52 PM
yea... i use a 3sq.ft x 4ft tall box and just a few computer case fans do me good enough... but then again i only use a 150w :)

intake near the botttom, exhaust out the top.. .fresh air is more important than circulating air... you can circulate all the stagnant air you want, but if theres no co2, the plant dies... fresh air intake is quite enough to provide sufficient co2 in a small garden