PDA

View Full Version : Terror in the Skies Again(MUST READ !!)

Torog
07-16-2004, 12:35 PM
Terror in the Skies Again (Absolutely Positive MUST-READ)
Womens' Wall Street.com ^ | July 2004 | Annie Jacobsen

Posted on 07/15/2004 6:19:30 AM PDT

A WWS Exclusive Article

Note from the Editors: You are about to read an account of what happened during a domestic flight that one of our writers, Annie Jacobsen, took from Detroit to Los Angeles. The WWS Editorial Team debated long and hard about how to handle this information and ultimately we decided it was something that should be shared. What does it have to do with finances? Nothing, and everything. Here is Annie's story.

On June 29, 2004, at 12:28 p.m., I flew on Northwest Airlines flight #327 from Detroit to Los Angeles with my husband and our young son. Also on our flight were 14 Middle Eastern men between the ages of approximately 20 and 50 years old. What I experienced during that flight has caused me to question whether the United States of America can realistically uphold the civil liberties of every individual, even non-citizens, and protect its citizens from terrorist threats.

On that Tuesday, our journey began uneventfully. Starting out that morning in Providence, Rhode Island, we went through security screening, flew to Detroit, and passed the time waiting for our connecting flight to Los Angeles by shopping at the airport stores and eating lunch at an airport diner. With no second security check required in Detroit we headed to our gate and waited for the pre-boarding announcement. Standing near us, also waiting to pre-board, was a group of six Middle Eastern men. They were carrying blue passports with Arabic writing. Two men wore tracksuits with Arabic writing across the back. Two carried musical instrument cases â?? thin, flat, 18" long. One wore a yellow T-shirt and held a McDonald's bag. And the sixth man had a bad leg -- he wore an orthopedic shoe and limped. When the pre-boarding announcement was made, we handed our tickets to the Northwest Airlines agent, and walked down the jetway with the group of men directly behind us.

My four-year-old son was determined to wheel his carry-on bag himself, so I turned to the men behind me and said, "You go ahead, this could be awhile." "No, you go ahead," one of the men replied. He smiled pleasantly and extended his arm for me to pass. He was young, maybe late 20's and had a goatee. I thanked him and we boarded the plan.

Once on the plane, we took our seats in coach (seats 17A, 17B and 17C). The man with the yellow shirt and the McDonald's bag sat across the aisle from us (in seat 17E). The pleasant man with the goatee sat a few rows back and across the aisle from us (in seat 21E). The rest of the men were seated throughout the plane, and several made their way to the back.

I couldn't figure out how to paste the whole article - so I'm going to reply with the link to the rest...BRB

Torog
07-16-2004, 12:38 PM
OKay,here's the link to the whole story:
http://www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/article_landing.aspx?titleid=1&articleid=711

This is a very disturbing story-and I urge everyone to take it with the utmost seriousness !

If I were on that Flight-I'd dang sure sure do a search of the bathroom...if any of y'all find yourselves in a similar situation,I'd hope that you'd want to search the bathrooms as well.

yellowjacket
07-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi Torog,

With all due respect, this story sounds a bit fishy to me.

Why didn't these passengers report what happened to authorities?

If these guys were terrorists, why would so many of them travel together just to drop a bag of things in a bathroom?

If I was middle-eastern, and was stared at everytime I got on a plane, I'd cold shoulder people too. Especially, if this one lady was going out of her way to act foolish.

Why didn't these worried passengers inspect the bathroom and include this in their story?

It sounds like these foreigners were doing their best to spook out everyone on that flight. Considering the seriousness of the hijackings that took place on 9-11, freaking people out like that is blasphemous, but it also sounds like this lady and the others on the flight were lending themselves to the abuse.

NowhereMan
07-16-2004, 03:50 PM
OKay,here's the link to the whole story:
http://www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/article_landing.aspx?titleid=1&articleid=711

This is a very disturbing story-and I urge everyone to take it with the utmost seriousness !

If I were on that Flight-I'd dang sure sure do a search of the bathroom...if any of y'all find yourselves in a similar situation,I'd hope that you'd want to search the bathrooms as well.

cough cough Bullshit
i read that whole story
its a story of ,,,,,,fear
fiction maybe
paraniod comes to mind
peace