PDA

View Full Version : We need to speak up

user82
11-27-2005, 06:41 AM
I understand, alot of people are afraid to speak up for this website due to thinking they will get in trouble for supporting marijuana. I mean if you are using it or whatever, you should at least speak up about it. Just because I am putting up a post about it doesnt mean I use the drug. Im just trying to tell people that its ok to speak your mind. Come on, its America and you have the right to freedom of speech and what you say. Its up to the citizens of this country to determine how we live and what we can and cant do. If everyone was to speak their mind and say how they feel, then there would be a lot of changes in the United States. Its not Congress who makes the descisions, its you and if enough people do not speak up for what they belive in then your leaving it up to people who want to control the United States. So Im looking for feedback on this message board. So don't be shy to post a comment or two.

beachguy in thongs
11-27-2005, 09:32 PM
Hey, Josh, I'm hoping for the same, and I'm even planning on registering to vote, finally. I, still, won't vote against my policies, as I believe in Sigmund Freud's quote, in my signature. It may hurt me to vote for a candidate with rather shaky policies, but cannabis being illegal is the issue that has hurt me my whole life. I was a promising athlete, a recovering brain-trauma victim trying to make something of my life, when I was set back, due to fines and penalties stemming from a possession charge (the charge was ONLY possession, nothing else. I was stopped because my Mom's license-plate light was out). I lost money I hadn't even made because I had to pay all the fines. Then I travelled 370 miles a week to attend a class designed for rehabilitation. I wasn't about to let it disrupt my life.

Essentially, being caught with Pot erased years and money from my life. I am a trusting citizen. I'm a good enough person to get invited by a black cop from the second precinct, in Virginia Beach, to a youth baseball game that he would be coaching. Would he have invited me knowing that I was a convicted drug-user (which is only Pot)? Not many people can tell that I need Marijuana to subside all the effects due to a Brain Injury, like, double-vision, ringing in my ears, pain in my foot due to a subsequent accident where a Navy guy tried to run me over in my g/f's Chevy Cavalier with his Chevy Venture Van, and their are other facts...

Like being a scholarship athlete one minute and then waking up weeks later with severe double-vision.

My life could be examined by a Doctor and Marijuana's historical and cultural ubiquity could be reprised. My brain was shut-off. I had to learn everything, again. A normal person with my injuries would have been scheduled to be released from the rehabilitation center in May of the following year.

When May came around I had already moved to another state, by choice, the next year, I went back to college where I'd been previously.

People will speak up.

daves19
11-29-2005, 02:00 AM
In this thread, I see this thread is made to be objective, to spkeak about the real things, the things that cannot me misunderstood or misinterpreted...We all no here what smoking good old pot is a bout and it's about not only about "smoking it" I find it to really open your mind, as you see a second dimension to the world you know. Maybe you are becoming slightly "confused", but that's when you want to find many answers to one question only...

I don't know what it is to get cured by Mary after a pretty bad accident, but thinking about it, gets me slightly "confused"! I am pretty sure there is a reason, a good one, why so many inured people want to expand something else than their body.

If you want to start something you guys, i do not suggest you did, nut i am totally in.
-Dude

Btw, the only politician who doesn't want to decreminalize pot in canada, our prime minister, has been defeated by a motion of non-confidence by the three opposing partys...I am pretty anxious for the next election!

beachguy in thongs
11-29-2005, 07:38 PM
Btw, the only politician who doesn't want to decreminalize pot in canada, our prime minister, has been defeated by a motion of non-confidence by the three opposing partys...I am pretty anxious for the next election!

Do you mean the only politician who has already been elected to office?

daves19
11-30-2005, 03:55 PM
Do you mean the only politician who has already been elected to office?

No i mean the only political party (liberal) against legalization, and currently at the head of the country, in the new run for the next federal election in january.