PDA

View Full Version : Dark period question

rastagal
11-26-2005, 07:46 PM
When its time for the plant to go into darkness, I hear different reports of 6 hrs to 12 hrs. As my grow room is a wardrobe, I was wondering, for the dark period, could I just cover plant with Black sack, with pinholes for air for 6 hrs? this would be so handy for me if its possible.

Rasta

turtle420
11-26-2005, 07:55 PM
When its time for the plant to go into darkness, I hear different reports of 6 hrs to 12 hrs. As my grow room is a wardrobe, I was wondering, for the dark period, could I just cover plant with Black sack, with pinholes for air for 6 hrs? this would be so handy for me if its possible.

Rasta

Errr....

I don't know if you want to do that... I mean.... you'll end up ruffing up and causing damage to your plant by placing the over it... and then out... and then over it.... and then out... and then over it.... And this you'll have to do two times a day, for 60 days aproximately.

Experienced people, please correct me if I'm wrong:::
During the dark, the plant produces the THC... so, in that dark period, well, I guess you'd want 12 hours.

I might be wrong. Hope not.

Anyways, you can give it less than 12 hours of darkness, but remember, anything over 14hours of light and the plant will go into vegetaive state... or at least think it should be in veg.

Hope this helps...

-turtle420 :cool:

Sativagrowin
11-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Skip the bags. Go with 12 hours darkness. I have played around with cycles greater then 24 hours. (16 on 12 off) and haven't noticed any advantage. The timers are hard to find and it is just a hassle. I'm not sure where you heard 6 hours darkness, (and I assume 18 hours daylight), but indicas and sativas will not produce flowers with that photoperiod.

Good luck

rastagal
11-27-2005, 01:20 PM
I m just worried how im going to get them total darkness.

lemonboy
11-27-2005, 02:42 PM
You can cover the cab with something for 12 hours a day if you want. Poke some holes in it in safe places as you suggested. It needs to be totally dark, though, or you run the risk of hermi's.

rastagal
11-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Ive plenty of time to figure it out, plus all the help on here, why its like college!

thanks so much,,nuff love

rastagal