PDA

View Full Version : Curious about fine for paraphernalia

LittleHippie636
11-25-2005, 01:28 AM
I live in Saint Charles, Missouri. Last night a pig searched me and found only a batty on me, but I still got a ticket and have to go to court for it.. Does anyone have any idea how much this fine is going to be??? :confused:

motorcycletony222
11-25-2005, 04:15 AM
Dont just pay the fine. Look up the "Terry Pat" rule handed down from the Supreme Court. Any lawyer could get you off using this ruling. It talks about some guy named Terry and the way the cops patted him down. The cops have to play by this rule but most suspects just pay the fine instead, so the po po's just keep on violating everyones rights. Here is a link that talk about it :http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/crimprof_blog/2005/01/new_case.html

mightymarijuanabuds
11-28-2005, 05:21 AM
check out the state laws index on norml.. that will let you know the possible penalties

Myth1184
12-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Uh, cops have every right to reach into your pockets in a patdown, its called Reasonable Suspicion. You think if you have a gun in your pocket and the cop feals it on a pat down hes gona leave it in there? No. But as for having a baggy in your pocket, thats not illegal at all. If it was illegal, every grocery store in america that had sandwhich bags would be fined.

mightymarijuanabuds
12-04-2005, 07:29 AM
no, cops DO NOT have any right to reach into your pockets, unless they pat you down and feel something that is obviously a weapon, which a pipe is not. they can pat you down, and they can ask about contents of your pockets, but if they don't feel an obvious weapon then they can't search .. if they feel a gun, then it is clearly a weapon, giving them the right to search, a pipe does not grant them the same the same right, unless your pipe happens to be shaped like a gun :P

even is the officer thinks that your pipe feels suspicious, it is still clearly not a weapon, and he has no right to reach in your pocket based on that suspicion, he can ask what is that, but all you have to say is that its not a weapon, if he reaches in your pocket anyway then go ahead and let him, get a lawyer, keep quiet, the charges will be dropped due to the violation of your 4th amendment rights

motorcycletony222
12-04-2005, 09:09 AM
I got charged with possession with intent to distribute for having two small clean baggies in my wallet, in my back pocket. They came at me with two pleas, first 2.5 at 85% then probation for 3 years. They thought that since I had a record they could scare me into a plea. Fuck them. It cost almost 5 grand for my lawyer. Charges were dropped, my friend who was with us was also charged with the same thing but due to the fact that a little dope was found in his roommates locked room. He is poor and dumb, he took the plea of 2000 dollar fine and three years probation. He had no knowledge of the dope. We had just returned from being away for five days. Cops were serving a warrant on his roommate. We walked right into that one. He has not been locked up yet, but weekly UA's are happening, and its only been two months since sentencing. Bottom line is the po po's will do what ever they want, they know most are brainwashed pussies. Get a lawyer not a DOC number.