PDA

View Full Version : Whats you most effective nutrient mix?

WeedCollegeGrad
11-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Ok guys and gals, What do you recommend as far as nuts go? In soil I've used Fox Farms Grow big, and FF's Big Bloom. Had nice results for the most part. I read a bit about FF's Tiger Bloom...Is it better?? I currently use Biotonicar's Pure-blend in hydro...its ok as well...but maybe unremarkable... So I'm kinda wondering what the gang uses???

WeedCollegeGrad
11-30-2005, 10:44 PM
Come on folks...All I really need to know is if Tiger Bloom is worth a damn.

turtle420
11-30-2005, 11:32 PM
Grad,

Sorry dude....... but I've never used Tiger Bloom. I wouldn't know.

Bumping it... ;)

WeedCollegeGrad
12-01-2005, 12:33 AM
Thanks Turtle, for the reply. Oh well its a moot point in as much as I just got some, its worth a try anyway. I've heard nothing but good things about the product, at least whats in print in "sales magazines" and manufacturer's 'descriptions" of their product. I'm sure it will work to some degree. Just trying to take it to the next level. You hip'n to my action? Peace.

Is the term or "code" 420 as widely known and accepted as I think it might be? Been out of the loop for too many years... I figure it started with HT. Your thoughts?

turtle420
12-01-2005, 01:00 AM
Is the term or "code" 420 as widely known and accepted as I think it might be? Been out of the loop for too many years... I figure it started with HT. Your thoughts?

Hehehehe... this is going to turn out into an interesting thread.

++++++++
Visitors to these pages... input on the origins of the topic in question would be greatly appreciated.
++++++++

You know, I read that the 420 slang, or term came from the time 4:20... which was the time that a bunch of high school stoners got together on their smoking spot/place. I recall it was from California. Anyways, those stoners went on to smoke a lot, and spread the 420 thing... I doubt they 'preached' it, but anyways... it probably made a cool communication phrase.

I guess that at some point, the advertisement machine got a hold of it and squeezed the shit out of '420'. Now, it's 420 this and 420 that. T-shirts reading;;; "4:27 - it's never too late"... and stoner friends that repeat the phrase "It's always 4:20 at some place in the world!", eagerly expecting your amazed-look face.

<M<<M<M<M

-turtle 420 :cool:

WeedCollegeGrad
12-01-2005, 01:45 AM
Ok...heres my chance to truely show my ignorance. I figured that 420 was the temp ..as in 420 degrees F, that the herb releases the ...excuse my spelling, Delta 9 tetra hydra caniboids...into vaporious form. Paper will burn at a min' temp of 451 degrees F. so...I ...well...do the math. I must be way off.

Johnny Hempseed
12-26-2005, 02:43 PM
I am going to outline my nute regimine in a few days...so keep an eye out for it...
But I don't put alot of stock in brand names...
I find one blossom booster is just as good as the next since they all use the same base ingredients...

Johnny Hempseed
01-03-2006, 03:02 AM
Ok..look for my post in this section..
It's all in there (and now my eyes, neck and brain hurts.,,,,,)

J DOG 6000
01-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Tiger bloom is a mix of chemical and organic nutrients...I havn't used it but I was looking at it and talking to the sale guy at the hydro store here in town.
He suggested it and he knows I only grow organic,so it must be good,give it a try and let us know.

freakfly420
01-11-2006, 07:17 AM
man let me tell you, i have yoused gh for about 3 years now and it is the best all round stuff on the market. as far as fox farm goes, i would only recomend all natural for the veg cycle and moms, and after that go gh, all the way 420

Herbus
01-12-2006, 01:58 AM
The best ferts I've ever used are the Vitagrow dry powder - 3 part formula. It's economical and has increased my yield a bushel. Much better than the GH liquid also better than Fox Farm products. Much less expensive too. But this is just my experience.

H

Mrs.WeedChick
01-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I always heard 420 was a police code for kids loitering or something like that! But that's in S.Florida.

medicinalhigh
03-10-2006, 07:11 PM
the first time i heard 420 was the great american smoke out 1980 in bay area with NORMAL on april 20 they had a smokeout everyon light up the same time.

medicinalhigh
03-10-2006, 07:18 PM
i am using fox farm grow and tiger bloom,organic components you usually find only in liquid form,all included guanos,worm castings,you will like,add some advanced nutes big bud and overdrive to it.this is my first time using this combo all the way i have used it partially.this is my soil nutes.use big bud the first few weeks of lower andoverdrive for the 456 weeks then flush and fox farm every other or third watering.the last 2 weeks nothing

britewire
03-10-2006, 07:27 PM
two words for organic growing... guano tea! It's a f*cking gift from heaven.

For veg I only use the minimal nurtienst in the soil itsself in combination with mycorhizza fungi for getting all of the nuts out of the soil. When I step too 12/12 (work up too 13.5/10.5) I begin giving the guano tea. When the first signs of bloom come appartant I start adding PK13/14 and when the plant is in full bloom I'll replace it with PK9/18 (still giving it the guano tea).

2 weeks before havesting I'll stop with everything and flush with PH6.0 water with Enzymes.

That's about all that I use. (O yeah, and some vitamin B and for root development when I cut the clones)

Earthy Dank
03-11-2006, 03:30 AM
This chart is the best its in another thread too... quite helpful..

Organic Nutrient Chart

Organic Nutrient Chart
Manures

Rabbit manure N= 2.4 P= 1.4 K= 0.6
comments- Most concentrated of animal manures in fresh form.

Cow manure (dairy) N= 0.6 P= 0.2 K= 0.5
comments- Often contains weed seeds, should be hot composted.

Steer manure N= 0.7 P= 0.3 K= 0.4
comments- Often contains weed seeds, should be hot composted if fresh.

Chicken manure N= 1.1 P= 0.8 K= 0.5
comments- Fast acting, breaks down quickest of all manures. Use carefully, may burn. Also, stinks like hell - composting definitely recommended.

Horse manure N= 0.7 P= 0.3 K= 0.6
comments- Medium breakdown time.

Duck manure N= 0.6 P= 1.4 K= 0.5

Sheep manure N= 0.7 P= 0.3 K= 0.9

Worm castings N= 0.5 P= 0.5 K= 0.3
comments- 50% organic material plus 11 trace minerals. Great for seedlings, will not burn. Is a form of compost, so doesn't need composting.

Desert Bat Guano N= 8 P= 4 K= 1
comments- Also contains trace elements. Fast-acting, mix in soil or as tea (1 C guano to 5 gal. water).

Cave Bat Guano N= 3 P= 10 K= 1

Fossilized Seabird Guano N= 1 P= 10 K= 1
comments- Slow release over 3 to 12 weeks, best used as an addition to potting mix.

Peruvian Seabird Guano (pelletized) N= 12 P= 12 K= 2.5
comments- Legendary fertilizer of the Incas. Use in soil as a long lasting fertilizer, or make into tea (1 tsp pellets to 1 gallon water).

Note: it is recommended to first compost any fresh manure before you use it for 2 reasons:
to lessen the chance of harmful pathogens.
to break down the manure to make it more usable to the plant (and reduce the smell!)
The rates for pig or human manure are not listed because of the high rate of harmful pathogens they contain.

Organic Meals

Blood Meal N= 11 P= 0 K= 0
comments- Highest N of all organic sources, very fast acting if made into tea.

Bone Meal (steamed) N= 1 P= 11 K= 0
comments- Releases nutrients slowly. Caution: European farmers should not use because of the risk of spreading Mad Cow Disease; growers elsewhere may face the same issue.

Cottonseed Meal N= 6 P= 2.5 K= 1.5
comments- If farming organically, check the source. May be heavily treated with pesticides.

Fish Scrap N= 5 P= 3 K= 3
comments- Use in compost or work in soil several months before using. Usually slightly alkaline.

Fish Emulsion N= 4 P= 1 K= 1
comments- Also adds 5% sulfur. Good N source for seedlings, won't burn.

Kelp Meal N= 1 P= 0.5 K= 2.5
comments- Provides 60 trace elements, plus growth-promoting hormones and enzymes.

Soybean Meal N= 7 P= 0.5 K= 2.5
comments- None

Coffee Grounds N= 2 P= 0.3 K= 0.2
comments- Highly acidic, best for use in alkaline soils.

Minerals

Greensand N= 0 P= 1.5 K= 7
comments- Mined from old ocean deposits; used as soil conditioner; it holds water and is high in iron, magnesium, and silica - 32 trace minerals in all.

Eggshells N= 1.2 P= 0.4 K= 0.1
comments- Contais calcium plus trace minerals. Dry first, then grind to powder.

Limestone (dolomitic) N= 0 P= 0 K= 0
comments- Raises pH, 51% calcium and 40% magnesium.

Limestone (calcitic) N= 0 P= 0 K= 0
comments- Raises pH, 65-80% calcium, 3-15% magnesium.

Crustacean Shells N= 4.6 P= 3.52 K= 0
comments- Contain large amounts of lime. Should be ground as finely as possible for best results.

Wood Ashes N= 0 P= 1.5 K= 7
comments- Very fast acting and highly alkaline (usually used to raise pH). Contains many micronutrients.

Crushed Granite N= 0 P= 0 K= 5
comments- Contains 67% silicas and 19 trace minerals. Slow release over a long period of time.

Rock Phosphate N= 0 P= 3 K= 0
comments- Contains 11 trace minerals. Slow release over a long period of time.

Epsom Salts N= 0 P= 0 K= 0
comments- Provides Mg and acts as a balancer.

Soil Amendments and Organic Material

Cornstalks N= 0.75 P= 0.4 K= 0.9
comments- Break down slowly; excellent soil conditioner. Should be shredded.

Oak Leaves N= 0.8 P= 0.35 K= 0.15
comments- Break down slowly, shred for best results. Good soil conditioner.

Feathers N= 15 P= 0 K= 0
comments- Chop or shred finely for best results.

Hair N= 14 P= 0 K= 0
comments- Good soil conditioner, oils break down slowly. Chop or shred finely for best results.

Sources include: Rodale Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening, The Deluxe Marijuana Growers Guide (Frank and Rosenthal)

Organic Fertilizers - Composition

Organic soil composition involves creating a soil medium that has a balanced amount of nutrients - NPK as well as trace elements and minerals - plus organic material that provides food for not only the plant, but also the countless soil microorganisms, fungi, worms, and bacteria that comprise a healthy soil. This soil life breaks down the raw materials of the fertilizers you add so the plants can absorb them, and also plays a part in as-yet undefined processes that aid plant growth and improve soil health.

Below are various "recipes" for both organic fertilizers and organic soil mixes.

Mix and match formulas

Pick one source from each category. The results will vary in composition from 1-2-1 to 4-6-3, but any mixture will provide a balanced supply of nutrients that will be steadily available to plants and encourage soil microorganisms.

Nitrogen
2 parts blood meal
3 parts fish meal
Phosporous
3 parts bone meal
6 parts rock phosphate or colloidal phosphate
Potassium
1 part kelp meal
6 parts greensand
source: Rodale Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening

More Organic Fertilizer Mixes

2 - 3.5 - 2.5
1 part bone meal
3 parts alfalfa hay
2 parts greensand
2 - 4 - 2
4 parts coffee grounds
1 part bone meal
1 part wood ashes
2 - 4 - 2
1 part leather dust
1 part bone meal
3 parts granite dust
2 - 8 - 2
3 parts greensand
2 parts seaweed
1 part dried blood
2 parts phosphate rock
2 - 13 - 2.5
1 part cottonseed meal
2 parts phosphate rock
2 parts seaweed
3.5 - 5.5 - 3.5
2 parts cottonseed meal
1 part colloidal phosphate
2 parts granite dust
2.5 - 6 - 5
1 part dried blood
1 part phosphate rock
4 parts wood ashes
0 - 5 - 4
1 part phosphate rock
3 parts greensand
2 parts wood ashes
3 - 6 - 3
1 part leather dust
1 part phosphate rock
3 parts seaweed
3 - 7 - 5
1 part dried blood
1 part phosphate rock
3 parts wood ashes
3 - 8 - 5
1 part leather dust
1 part phosphate rock
1 part fish scrap
4 parts wood ashes
2.5 - 2.5 - 4
3 parts granite dust
1 part dried blood
1 part bone meal
5 parts seaweed
4 - 5 - 4
2 parts dried blood
1 part phosphate rock
4 parts wood ashes
6 - 8 - 3
2 parts fish scrap
2 parts dried blood
1 part cottonseed meal
1 part wood ashes
1 part phosphate rock
1 part granite dust

Herbal Tea Plant Food

1 t Comfrey leaves
1 t Alfalfa leaves
1 t Nettle leaves
1 Qt boiling water
Steep for 10 min. and let cool until luke warm. Drain the leaves out and add the luke warm tea to your plants to keep them healthy and vibrant!

The reason for adding slightly warm tea (or water) to your plants is that they will be able to absorb the needed nutrients more easily by keeping the root pores open verses cold tea (or water) will have a tendency to restrict the pores, meaning a much slower process of absorption.

Comfrey is called knitbone or healing herb. It is high in calcium, potassium and phosphorus, and also rich in vitamins A and C. The nutrients present in comfrey actually assist in the healing process since it contains allantoin.
Alfalfa is one of the most powerful nitrogen - fixers of all the legumes. It is strong in iron and is a good source of phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and trace minerals.
Nettles are helpful to stimulate fermentation in compost or manure piles and this helps to break down other organic materials in your planting soil. The plant is said to contail carbonic acid and ammonia which may be the fermentation factor. Nettles are rich in iron and have as much protein as cottonseed meal.

upnsmk
10-04-2006, 09:07 AM
ok i havnt seen the correct answer to the question about "420". "420" is a police code for posetion of maryjane (sorry bout spelling and it could only be for minor in posetion because when i got busted when i was in school i over heard the 5-0 saying "we have a 420 in progess at ***")

penicylan
10-07-2006, 04:28 PM
According to Steven Hager, editor of High Times, the term 420 originated at San Rafael High School, in 1971, among a group of about a dozen pot-smoking wiseacres who called themselves the Waldos, who are now pushing 50. The term was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke pot. Intent on developing their own discreet language, they made 420 code for a time to get high, and its use spread among members of an entire generation.

A quote from one of the Waldos in the High Times article states, "We did discover we could talk about getting high in front of our parents without them knowing by using the phrase 420."

Abattoir Dream
10-18-2006, 02:10 PM
earthydank, thats a nice peice of info, thnx for posting that, its a great help :)

xcrispi
10-18-2006, 02:27 PM
hey weed college grad
no past exp. w/ fox farm . i currently use gen. hyd. 3 part w/ good results . veg= 3-grow,2-micro,1-bloom flower=3-bloom,2-micro,1-grow . these #'s represent tablespoons . never had any funky chemical taste from them either .
peace xcrispi

stinkyattic
10-18-2006, 05:50 PM
I think for dirt grows your nutrient mix should be significantly from the SOIL. Good composted organic stuff, supplements, plus the beneficials to make it all work.

I like composted manure+humus, with either fish emulsion for grow or bat guano for bloom, plus myco-stim. Then enough perlite to lighten it and voila!

Then you can use your liquid ferts as needed. But the better quality your soil, the better your buds.