PDA

View Full Version : Harv's first grow

Harvesthetic
11-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Hi, i've never grown it myself but have some knowledge of the plant. Don't they say practice makes perfect? If you have any suggestions or comments that would be appreciated.

seeds:
-bought four Easy Bud seeds from FemaleSeeds. they seemed perfect for a first try.
-had the privilege to grow an imported Tibetan/Bhutanese seed straight from the source i believe
In ancient times, at the beginning of His-story, "Gan-Jah" ("Birth of Yah", in the Indo-European Proto language) took place in Ad land, (Adam's Land; Eden) at the source of the sacred rivers, on the slopes of the Holy Mountain: Eve-rest, in the high Himalaya, where the good Ganja grows to this day.:)

dimensions of closet:
-height: 1m 90, width: 1m 20 depth: 90 cm

lights, nutrients etc.
-400w Hps (http://www.growshopalien.com/onlineshop/) complete including Philips Son t-pia bulb.
-pH-meter Venso 031, pH-adjuster from Canna
-Plagron Nutrients (http://www.plagron.nl/2005/Plagron_UK/UK_web/pages/welkom.shtml) including Start-up, Phyt-Amin, Algae-Flower,and Top Activator

Soil:
-for growing the seeds after germination, I use Type 1-soil (for seeds & clones before transplantation ) with Ec 400, Npk's 14-16-18 (?:p)
-for the vegetative and flowering stage
Plagron Growmix (http://www.plagron.nl/2005/Plagron_UK/UK_web/pages/grow-mix.shtml) because i saw it on a DVD :p that's advertising for ya

A few questions still, does anyone have a good guide or reference to use a pH-meter in watering and soil maintenance? And just maybe how much i should water the plants during the whole cycle? Because i'm treating seedlings right now and the water use? I try not to overflow it, but that also might be too little, don't have the feeling yet :).

But anyway (phiew) counsil from the Keepers of Wisdom would be nice!
:smokin:

Harvesthetic
12-07-2005, 05:34 PM
hi, haven't had much time to update :s but still! ;)

just following up, plants have had some yellow leaves in the proces, but that seems to have resolved itself after repotting into plagron growmix combined with the Start-up formula.
got a clone from a friend, and heightened the closet to about six feet twenty for further cooling.
Guess it's coming along good but slowly? :)
further info will surely come.

and a fun picture of my current st*sh :p

MaraJawanna
12-07-2005, 05:55 PM
They look really good man how old are the plants now?

Harvesthetic
12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
thx, sry forgot to mention they were 25 days old from the moment i put the germinated seeds into soil.

dudeimstoned
12-08-2005, 09:40 PM
looks good bro

Harvesthetic
12-08-2005, 10:58 PM
thx man,
Little question for the experienced, my watersupply needed fixing and because of that the ph-value of my tap water was 7.7 for a while (day or four). I adjusted it as soon as i noticed, and reduced it to 6.8, not immediately to 6.4 or 5, in order to keep the plants free of too much stress. Will maybe gradually lower value?
Will they react in a peculiar way or will they accept the change in climat? (temp, humidity and 24/0 light schedule are stable) If so, what should i do?

many thx in advance :rasta:

tommyromano
12-09-2005, 01:34 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi my name is tommy and i just started growing im 14 and i like in toronto
anywho

i have a plant in my closet my perants are to fob to no what it is i just told them that its a plant that i wanna c if it will grow. so im growing this thing now i have one pot not to nig ang not to small maybe dubull the size of a bottle of pepsi (not the 2 lt.) and i have about 8 seeds in there and i did that whole germanation trhing i was wondering if u guys could answer some of my question like should i use another pot because a plant with 8 seeds not that smart right? and what about the smell in a few months my whole house is gonna smell like otto's jacket (weed) i was wondering how i can get rid of the smell not completly but not make the whole house smell my perants arent that dumb they will no if theres lots of smell
and im useing a lol a fish tank bulb flouresent, and a normal spiral flouresnt 13 watt. i no thats to little so can u guys name some types of bulbs for me to buy but i cant buy stuff like 50000000 watts and shit my perants will no, im saying something withing the price range of 10 bucks or so

THX
Tommy,

Nochowderforyou
12-09-2005, 04:03 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi my name is tommy and i just started growing im 14 and i like in toronto
anywho

i have a plant in my closet my perants are to fob to no what it is i just told them that its a plant that i wanna c if it will grow. so im growing this thing now i have one pot not to nig ang not to small maybe dubull the size of a bottle of pepsi (not the 2 lt.) and i have about 8 seeds in there and i did that whole germanation trhing i was wondering if u guys could answer some of my question like should i use another pot because a plant with 8 seeds not that smart right? and what about the smell in a few months my whole house is gonna smell like otto's jacket (weed) i was wondering how i can get rid of the smell not completly but not make the whole house smell my perants arent that dumb they will no if theres lots of smell
and im useing a lol a fish tank bulb flouresent, and a normal spiral flouresnt 13 watt. i no thats to little so can u guys name some types of bulbs for me to buy but i cant buy stuff like 50000000 watts and shit my perants will no, im saying something withing the price range of 10 bucks or so

THX
Tommy,

Try making your own thread, not highjacking others ;)

Your plants are looking mighty fine for about 25 days. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

scooterjay
12-09-2005, 01:39 PM
heh, fonicks wurked fur meee

purpledrummer1
12-09-2005, 01:41 PM
hi, haven't had much time to update :s but still! ;)

just following up, plants have had some yellow leaves in the proces, but that seems to have resolved itself after repotting into plagron growmix combined with the Start-up formula.
got a clone from a friend, and heightened the closet to about six feet twenty for further cooling.
Guess it's coming along good but slowly? :)
further info will surely come.

and a fun picture of my current st*sh :p
looking good so far, sugar.

stangle12
12-10-2005, 04:06 PM
aw man, that first picture makes me cry! i had grown a plant as well, but it never got past that point cuase i got greedy and tried to transplant to early. RIP jonny appleseed ( yeah, i named my plant, wana fight abut it)

Harvesthetic
12-12-2005, 12:24 AM
No. I'll never have words with you over words. :cool: And yea, transplanting pretty tough to me too.

Only 5 days since last update, but that's enough for yes-i-cannabis to grow yet another two inches. My clone is doing exceptionally well, starting to smell delicious, and unlike other i have seen, really smells like bud already. The Easy Buds are steadily rooting a bit more then gaining height, and is seems that they're gonna be bushy, low plants, perfect for harvesting in my closet space.
Now, the Hindukush seed i got, and succesfully germinated, used to be the little girl who just couldn't. It was saggy droopage all over the place and two or three deformed first leaves showed. She remained in that state until i repotted her into growmix, then she started growing really fast. Now she has overtaken the two easy buds, and is growing healthy lightgreen leaves, almost doubling in size overnight.
"And there was much rejoicing...Jeeeeeej"

But still i have a little question about the nodes? (the pH question is still open too btw :p) pic underneath showing green clear tumors on the nodes :D anyone more info on this? could it be helpful for sexing the mother plants?
Is the Phyt-amin formula by Plagron any good? Doesn't seem to influence the girls with or without?
Have a nice time y'all, i'm loving the growing and this forum. Peace :thumbsup:

Harvesthetic
12-12-2005, 03:28 PM
bump.. get an answer maybe?.. :o

turtle420
12-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Bump bump...

Your question is about the 'tumors'? Dude, I've never heard of this before. Nor read of it.

I have no idea whatsoever. Bump. ;)

Harvesthetic
12-12-2005, 04:03 PM
lol tumor was figure of speech, or lack of proper english word maybe :) just wanna know what those swellings are :p
thx a bunch for replying though ! grtz

Harvesthetic
12-13-2005, 02:54 AM
I'm clear about the supposed tumors now :p silly me of course they aren't harmful
I got another clone to add to the garden, a salvia plant is hopefully on its way soon.
But there's a problem (pic below) The clone has already been put into the flowering period (way too soon in my opinion) that's how i got it and it has been under 12/12 for three days. I repotted into growmix as soon as i got it. So radically switching to the 400 hps 24 hour cycle my other plants are on, wouldn't be the best idea, no?
I'm gonna flower it i guess. The flower room, rather closet space is almost ready.
Still, the pH thing remains unresolved, and for the new clone the same question rises, since i'm gonna need another nutrient mix i wanna be pretty sure about what i'm doing.
nuts mentioned above, ph can be adjusted to any value, ph- and + are available
thx in advance, peace :rasta:

Harvesthetic
12-13-2005, 03:04 AM
Hehe my supposed three plant grow is going to turn out otherwise :smokin: another two clones or so on the way for treatment :p very nice that i only payed 16 eur in seeds and will soon have six plants budding each from a respectable strain. Let the gardening begin :p

Joel
12-13-2005, 05:20 AM
Hey harve's.

It looks like you have done your research if this is your first grow as it is turning out way better appose to another person firsts. I have seen many people try to start growing , they are new at it, and they have significant nute deprived plants.

Other than that this is looking really good so I will add to my favourites and check back with ya man, cheers.

Melton420
12-13-2005, 08:20 AM
good work, i hand it to ya ... keeping the tradition alive

Trichome Creator
12-13-2005, 09:29 AM
Great work. Hell of a first run!

Omni05
12-14-2005, 12:23 AM
they look great! Congrats!

ICBINR
12-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Nice plants, good work.

And many thanks for posting good quality pictures

Harvesthetic
12-14-2005, 04:44 PM
Melton, Joel, Trich, Omni, thx so much for those kind words!! What can i say, i just can't do anything half-assed. I'll surely keep updating regularly. Coming from you guys this is an honor ;)

Harvesthetic
12-14-2005, 04:53 PM
just for you guys, a nice pic of the girls all lined up :D thx!

scobbie
12-15-2005, 11:39 AM
top lookin plants man doin a great job this is my first grow but you are far more clued up mate keep up the good work i will be following this thread with great intrest spread the knowledge my friend :rasta:

Powder Puff
12-15-2005, 05:36 PM
They are looking very good indeed!:p

When are you planning to flower?:)

Harvesthetic
12-15-2005, 06:34 PM
The last clone i got is already in flowering, because my provider had started his 12/12 already on his 30 or 40 girls. Bit small in my opinion though but hey :).
The rest i want to flower within a week or three. They should be about 30 to 35 cm high so that they still have room to grow when flowering.
Plus, by then the five other clones should have arrived :p this saturday or sunday i'll keep y'all up to date ;)

J DOG 6000
12-17-2005, 12:27 PM
One way to figure out how much to water is to wiegh your plant pot and all when it's super dry.Then water it and wiegh it again.You get a rough idea of how much water to use.Also you can whiegh it to find out when to water too.And I was told that the females get that swollen node thing.So it might be a sign of a female. :rasta:

Joel
12-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Hey harv, you said that 30-40 girls there is small in your opinion huh?

I would love to see ya do 80 - 120 clones in a full on clone to harvest in 1mont, 2month max. Would uber, and hell of a challenge if you ask me.

Although to achieve such a measure, I would see the thread of Turtle420 designing his DREAM grow box. So dope imo.

Harvesthetic
12-17-2005, 02:14 PM
One way to figure out how much to water is to wiegh your plant pot and all when it's super dry.Then water it and wiegh it again.You get a rough idea of how much water to use.Also you can whiegh it to find out when to water too.And I was told that the females get that swollen node thing.So it might be a sign of a female. :rasta:
Thx a lot dude, saw that the swollen nodes were actually quite hopeful, especially because it's my presumed HinduKush seed. Ooh, if i could get some bud of of that, would be great :) The watering is now going fine, the symptoms of overwatering or nutrientburn haven't shown their ugly faces yet :)

Hey harv, you said that 30-40 girls there is small in your opinion huh?

I would love to see ya do 80 - 120 clones in a full on clone to harvest in 1mont, 2month max. Would uber, and hell of a challenge if you ask me.

Although to achieve such a measure, I would see the thread of Turtle420 designing his DREAM grow box. So dope imo.
When i said they were small, i was referring to their size, not their number, damn dude 80-120 clones?? That's a full-blown daycarecenter if you ask me :D Surely no intention of belittleing the real farmers ;) Turtle's threads are great, I check them regularly :p :thumbsup:

Harvesthetic
12-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Couldn't leave without posting some progress :p Damn, since that Hindukush found its groove, it outgrows the rest by far now, since it's native to a harsh environment with extreme heat and extreme plunges in fahrenheits regularly, i guess that's why it loves the heat of the HPS now, after shrugging a bit :)
cya later
peace

Powder Puff
12-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Looking great!:D

brotherbud
12-23-2005, 07:38 AM
I wish I had answers to your questions. I had grown a Tray of ? seeds left over and tried to read up on everything. The more I found out the less I knew. I didnt have a ph tester but I used some compost and bag of pre-fertilized ez-grow soil. All I had was floros and not much light but I did germinate by hand ( tray ) and hand plant carefully in soil. That way no transplanting later. I dont know if this is a good or bad way but it worked for me. I had 8-10 tall purple plants no buds or anyidea of what to do next.
Then I had surgery and was kept upstairs and unable to water. I had worries about having plants at that time and sadly they all died. They were all good looking and fairly healthy. I did notice yellowing on the edge of the leaves at a time and I have read that is too much nutrients or burn. But all of my knowledge is mostly painstakingly slow guesswork. I wish I had some difinitive answers for you.

I just wanted to post and yap a bit so you know that If I had the answers you seek I would spread the info.

Your plants look awesome. Strong green beautiful. Sniff... it brings tears to me eyes.

peace
brotherbud

brotherbud
12-23-2005, 07:55 AM
Diggin on that hindukush photo.
My next grow I have been planning for.
I got a econo 400w hps lightsetup like you mentioned.

As far as heat is concerned I have read a lot of people saying 65-70 degrees? I am questioning this as I am new.

So I spent too much 100. and got a cool-tube dont know brand. Im going to vent it out my dryer vent with a Y ( still need to find ). Possibly this would help your grow rate? That way you can bring light closer to plants.

(Cool tube simple corningware or pyrex type tube that light fits into and you attach hose to either side of for fresh air intake as well as heat exhaust. It seemed to me that the smell would get magified with heat so pulling heat out of the enclosed space would help on smell also. ( this is just a guess )

I was also hoping that the fan nothing loud or radical could be helpful in pulling oxygen into the grow area in my case a cabinet. Possibly this would be of benifit for you.

jmho its all guesswork to me still. The proof is in your "holy grail" photo at the end of the story. ;>

Peace.

um P.S. need a roommate? hehehe
j/k on the roomie thing.
Went to amsterdam on our honeymoon it was very cool.

brotherbud

budboy
12-27-2005, 02:01 AM
nice 1 m8 cant wait to see the finished product!!!

BobBong
12-31-2005, 03:45 AM
Looking good Harv.

Those "tumors" you asked about is the simple swelling of the branch base to support it in the weeks to come. This is actually usually a sign that your plant is healthy, female and getting ever closer to flowering.

Cheers,
Bob.

Harvesthetic
01-12-2006, 12:44 AM
Hi, been a while since the last update, and that had to do with a minor crisis. The plants suffered some unknown instabilities, leaves turned yellow all the way, started falling off, yet leaving most green, but they were sad all round.
And as a result of that...

RIP Easy Buds, you girls weren't that easy... :( I lost 'em about four days ago.
But hey, it's the first grow not too much harm done, plus the easybud strain after closer inspection was intended to grow outdoors. :s Growshop owner made a lil mistake.

One of the clones, the one in flowering, is going steady, producing what seems to be the start of some nice buds. Pics included.
So i had to revive the other clone almost completely and the Hindukush a little bit.. Wasn't easy, it was somewhat frustrating because i couldn't find the reason for their condition. All my original factors of growth in which they originally thrived wery well, were not changed, and still they were dying.
I did a minor soil flush, and bought some bottles of mineral water. Minor insect issues (grrrr!), bought repellant especially for tomatoe plants.
For about five days these modifications still didn't help, and i followed the nutrient guide, strictly adapted with a seperate bottle for each plant. :o
The day before yesterday, all of a sudden, the plants seemed to revive, and in 1 night, reached for the sun again... Green and ready for their task again. What a relief lol

I was also hoping that the fan nothing loud or radical could be helpful in pulling oxygen into the grow area in my case a cabinet. Possibly this would be of benifit for you.

The fan i use at the moment is kinda big, a little too big maybe. It cools off way too much, even at the lowest settings. When i'm at home, i usually open and close the closet door every three hours or so, to let the plants get some CO2 and heat, to keep these parameters stable, and the yeast & sugar setup is on my list too.

Those "tumors" you asked about is the simple swelling of the branch base to support it in the weeks to come. This is actually usually a sign that your plant is healthy, female and getting ever closer to flowering.

Yeah, thanks i noticed, the little muscles on my Hindukush are buffing up nicely :) ready to carry some trichomes i hope :p pics included, btw it's still gaining height like crazy.

Plus, my five new girls arrived yesterday, bit later than expected, so i'm going to have to purchase an extra light that stays on 24/7 for vegging the clones and maybe some HK clones if i can find rooting hormone solution or powder. I'm going to take over an old closet from a friend, and put the flowering plants in there within two weeks or so. pics included

1: Vegging light for five clones 24/7 dimensions 90 cm wide, 70 cm deep, 50 cm high?
2: Easier, cheaper, alternative for rooting hormone, powder?
3: Can a computerfan be used in a 14 cm diameter circle tube in an effective way?
4: I broke my ml counter and i can't eyeball 4 milliliters. :confused: Any simple suggestions for things that contain 5 ml or 10 ml for example so i can measure? Cola cap or something? lol

Let's keep e'm alive :p
peace y'all ;)

Harvesthetic
01-12-2006, 12:53 AM
So this is the situation right now. I have nothing to do with the cultivation of these tomatoe plants. They do not belong to me. :)

BukDatAss
01-12-2006, 02:51 AM
Oh I dont know bout that ;) lookin good :thumbsup:

Harvesthetic
01-12-2006, 05:31 PM
1: Vegging light for five clones 24/7 dimensions 90 cm wide, 70 cm deep, 50 cm high?
3: Can a computerfan be used in a 14 cm diameter circle tube in an effective way?
4: I broke my ml counter and i can't eyeball 4 milliliters. Any simple suggestions for things that contain 5 ml or 10 ml for example so i can measure? Cola cap or something? lol

Bumpty Dumpty? :o

Harvesthetic
01-13-2006, 02:12 PM
BUMP? :)

Powder Puff
01-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Oh my..! They are looking GREAT!!:D

How old are they now?:) I love MJ!:)

To your Q's.. I don't have many answers, but I don't think a computer fan will do the trick (I'm not sure though..)

And I haven't given it that much thought, about the cola cap.. I just pour a little bit in with the water..!:o

Harvesthetic
01-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Update.
The clone in flowering is on top activator now, green sensation. The yeast recipe is providing plenty co2, enough fanning action going on, humidity is ok, temperature is stable.
The Hindukush is in flowering for a week now, she's the biggest one, and the goal might be achieved when she turns out to be a full-fledged female lol. Thin, green leaves, healthy color, very thick stem.
The 5 li'l new clones are ok, not going to focus on them too much, they're growing.
The buds are starting to look and feel delicious on the clone, it is now one month old and 4.5 weeks in flowering. I've kept him low for the closet, and this works very well when you adjust the lamp every 1/2 days, frequent but little change is effective.
I bought water in the store to ensure a 6 pH value to ensure nutrient absorption. They seem to like it, and it's not too expensive.. Only the best right?

Still some questions open though :p

Powder Puff
01-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi!:D Still looking good!:D

Q # 1. Half a meter.. hmm.. I would go with two - five CFL's.. As many as possible!:D

Q # 2.. I have no idea.. No rooting hormone? :rolleyes:

Harvesthetic
01-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Update on the buds of the clone in flowering, they're growing faster now, think the bud boost is starting. I'm feeding top activator and Bio-Bizz bloom stimulator, and in the last two weeks (before draining the nutrients) i'm going to apply Shooting Powder.
Does anyone know if this is any good?
I also found guano powder on the Highlife Hempfest this friday. It's good for two plants, but is it easy to burn your plants with this?

Powder Puff
01-22-2006, 04:24 PM
It's an organic fert, right? Then it's not as easy to burn you're plants!:) But it can be done!:rolleyes:

BukDatAss
01-24-2006, 03:22 PM
yeah nice plants Harv, they look mighty tasty :dance: only a few more weeks on the big one huh bet u cant wait? overall looking good, and good luck :thumbsup: Oh and by the way I use bat guano and its very easy to use and the plants love it. I'm gruadually making my way up to giving more powder little by little. ;)

greenmonster
01-25-2006, 01:44 AM
hey dude.
whats this: yeast recipe is providing plenty co2?

does this give off enough to make a difference? is it easy to make?

nice plants!
cheers

Harvesthetic
01-25-2006, 02:11 AM
here ya go m8 ;)

You can make your own Co2 bottles..

You only need: some dry active yeast, some sugar and warm water!

Step 1, Put one liter off water in a bottle, then add 1/4 teaspoon off dry active yeast, then two cups of sugar; shake well, EVERYTHING must be disolved.. When you have done that, add ½ a liter of warm water shake until disolved, again...!

Put two or three of those bottles in your grow room, and you will see improved growth..

greenmonster
01-26-2006, 02:04 AM
cheers dude!
sounds cheap and simple, i will give it a go!
lids on or off?
do u have to change them often?
greennnnnnn

Harvesthetic
01-26-2006, 12:59 PM
lid off, replace and repeat when the co2 bubbles die out.
also, to enhance productivity, let the co2 hang around a bit for the plants to absorb. do not ventilate for about 15 minutes, then ventilate for four hours, repeat... ;)

Powder Puff
01-26-2006, 04:27 PM
here ya go m8 ;)
You quoted me!!:)

But, remember, you CAN NOT use those Co2 bottles at dark hours! : )

greenmonster
01-26-2006, 05:37 PM
nice one guys, i will get the stuff i need tomorrow and give it a blast, mine have just started budding, sweet!

Harvesthetic
01-26-2006, 06:34 PM
speaking of budding ;)

BukDatAss
01-27-2006, 05:31 AM
OHH nice picture shot and really nice bud good JOB Harv

greenmonster
01-27-2006, 12:52 PM
hehe they look sweet as harv! how long they been 12-12 dude?

Harvesthetic
01-27-2006, 03:02 PM
hehe they look sweet as harv! how long they been 12-12 dude?
about five weeks ;) me thinks the bud boost is going to occur in about a week, they're fattening up now, sucking the nuts out of the lower leaves.

oh, and every branch is flowering, every node is showing white strings now :p lovely this is what i wanted to see since i started growing :)

greenmonster
01-27-2006, 04:52 PM
right i couldnt find any active dried yeast, so i got live yeast. will that do the same trick? i followed ur instructions otherwise, lets see what happens!

Harvesthetic
01-28-2006, 11:34 AM
right i couldnt find any active dried yeast, so i got live yeast. will that do the same trick? i followed ur instructions otherwise, lets see what happens!
dunno man :s maybe Powder does

powda?? :)

RastaKaze
01-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Props for being one of the few to still use the ghetto c02 method. It's cheap, and the amount of c02 is by no means measurable, but it definitely get's the job done :thumbsup:

Powder Puff
01-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Props for being one of the few to still use the ghetto c02 method. It's cheap, and the amount of c02 is by no means measurable, but it definitely get's the job done :thumbsup:
They sure do!: )

Thanks for the recipe man!:D

BukDatAss
01-30-2006, 03:15 PM
yeah nice job man keep up the good work... Looks like u did ur homework

BkSkillz
01-31-2006, 01:36 AM
kudos!

Powder Puff
01-31-2006, 12:47 PM
uhm.. I'm not sure the not dry yeast works.. Never tried it..

Could you tell us if it works? I only know that the dry yeast works gooood!:D

Why didn't you ask at the store for some? Or did you?:)

Harvesthetic
01-31-2006, 01:53 PM
* update

The clones are growing fine, gaining height real fast, quicker than the original clones, who are now in flowering (beginning of the sixth week, third pic)

Weak nutrients (very weak nutrients) can have some effect on fresh clones in my opinion. Their colour is much healthier and fresher than the earlier ones, they are also growing faster, as i said before. I've also upped the leaf nutrients (Phyt-amin and MaxXximum leaf-nutrition (www.maxxximum.nu)), these nutrients clearly strengthen the leaves and even regenerate damaged leaves. (I've had some troubles with the Hindukush and one of two original clones)

Oh yea I had to get rid of the Hindukush :( the plant didn't respond to the 12/12 switch, and now it occured to me that it's one of those auto-flowering plants, their flowering period isn't based on light change, but on their age.
Does anyone have a useful link on that subject?
Bummer :S. I couldn't keep her because that would demand too much maintenance, and I already have to brew five different nutrient mixes every day now (clone nutrients, spray nutrients, flowering boost nutrients, regular flowering nuts..) It's hard to have seven children of a different age lol.
(btw i made a doll out of the deceased hindukush, in its honour, hail the buddha :D, see pic)

I'm considering a SOG (sea of green) method for the four clones i have vegetating now. On this, I need some counselling :) i'm going to search this forum and maybe overgrow, but if someone knows anything that isn't in either of these places, please mention it, thanks :). Does anyone do this? With nets?

Plus I'm germinating two new seeds at the moment, wet towel method :p always worked fine for me. These are Mistery Seeds i got at the Hempfest in amsterdam, so it could be... shiva shanti, durban poison, skunk #1, alpha bud... let's hope for the best :thumbsup:

Harvesthetic
01-31-2006, 03:44 PM
(i'm sorry the link is dead apparently, http://www.maxxximum.nu/ this one will work)

turtle420
01-31-2006, 04:11 PM
Nice doll :)

Powder Puff
01-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Hey.. Doll looks good!:D They all look good!:)

The towel method is the best method in my book!:)

I don't know anything about the SOG method.. On my first grow.. :)

Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

Harvesthetic
02-04-2006, 10:08 PM
So, first grow, nearly finished, and the bud...... Holy cow the bud on this one.... Remember the clone i received some weeks ago (pic1) ? She matured! Like crazy!

I have been paying some close attention to my baby's, but i was expecting lower class shwag as a result of it.
But I was EVER so wrong! She's starting to smell like any plant should. Smells like a coffeeshop... The THC my baby is producing is off the hook! (pic 3) Really i never could have foreseen this.

It's also snowing ALL over the fan leaves, which of course obliges me to make some Bubblehash using my friends Ice-o-lator...

Needless to say, I am one happy farmer! A HUGE shout-out to all the people who helped me on this grow! Thanks to Cannabis.com, my stuff is probably 50% more potent than on my own. So Ron, if you should ever read this, thanks man.

I'm building a SOG right now, so stay tuned for the next Harv thread :stoned:
peace, love and happy farming.

BukDatAss
02-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Job well done Buks a lookin and Buks a likin

We need more updates from you more often

Harvesthetic
02-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Job well done Buks a lookin and Buks a likin

We need more updates from you more often
point well taken ;) my SOG will be described in great detail! I'm starting tomorrow...
By the way, Harddon's SOG.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: what a great log i've learned a lot from his trial & error.
see you soon!

Powder Puff
02-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Damn that looks tasy.. *drools*

I'm looking forward to see you're results!:D

Peace

BkSkillz
02-05-2006, 03:31 PM
yea man thanks for the support on my thread your grows looken great bro an hardon's sog grow was a good read 2 keep up the good grow!

greenmonster
02-07-2006, 11:06 PM
looking so tasty!

sweetpassion26
02-07-2006, 11:20 PM
hey let me c

Harvesthetic
02-09-2006, 09:48 PM
update on trichome pics and such, later tomorrow some budshots, having fun toying around.
harvest countdown: 1.5 week. White Widow clone
3.5 weeks other clone, pics later

BukDatAss
02-10-2006, 12:47 AM
WOOaHHHHH Now Thats A BUD good JOB How many WW do you have

Harvesthetic
02-10-2006, 01:33 AM
I've got two white widows in flowering at the moment, and the other four White Widow clones are going ScrOG now, check my signature for their progress. ;)
By the way, i've just sent in this picture to Soft Secrets (http://www.softsecrets.nl), with an issue of their magazine in the pic, to receive a free package of High Quality Seeds. If you include a barechested chick, like i'm gonna do with my ScrOG, you get two bags of FREE High Quality Black Label bags. I'll let you know if I receive the seeds lol.

BukDatAss
02-10-2006, 06:14 PM
thats hott nice Pic wow I want some free seeds LOL
I want more detail on the barebreasted chick?

greenmonster
02-10-2006, 06:54 PM
yummmmmm i can almost smell that through my moniter.
could i use my grandma as a chick would that count? lol

Harvesthetic
02-12-2006, 05:02 PM
yummmmmm i can almost smell that through my moniter.
could i use my grandma as a chick would that count? lol
haha for the sake of humanity, don't use yer granny :)
BUK, i'm gonna include a naked chick when my ScrOG shows some bud :) Hopefully i can enter twice.

So first grow is now a substantial grow.. As said earlier, Clone 1 (pic 1&2) is in its last period of flowering, hairs now slowly turning into shades of brown and red. The bud expanded beyond my expectations. It's gotten pretty big, so i'm going to hold the harvest, since it's still fattening up, and adding snow to the leaves. :)

But... Due to events I will not be able to clarify a friend of mine needed to get rid of some 'foliage'. I went over and helped him out, and put three OTHER clones of the same family (wh w) in my imaginative growroom. They are already in week two of flowering, so i'll post their progress too along with the rest.

Clone 2 used to be very ill. It was really almost dead, until one day, as a last resort, i tried my own nutrientmix on it, overnight the plant revived and the day after recovery could begin. To my own surprise, the plant is budding like it should, showing no signs of stress, apart from yellow edges that remain from the near-death experience. (pics later)

MATERIAL UPDATE ~~ rejoicing allowed!

-I finally got my veg lights!! pic 5 A triple Philips TL 230v in a self-constructed case. I also have a veg room now..
-A Carbon Filter!! pic 4 Dirt cheap, not going to tell the price or the americans are going to get mad again. :)
-50 litres of supergood, pH6-straight water with no chance of any disbalance whatsoever. EC-checked and great for mixing and absorption of nutrients. My first grows have taught me the importance of water.
-An exhaust fan: standard bathoom exhaust, with timer & hygro function, very useful.
-some essential tools, hammer, nails, glue
-magnifying glass :D can't resist watching them babies upclose

BukDatAss
02-13-2006, 03:52 AM
Damn good I love it... So those pix are of the WW

Harvesthetic
02-13-2006, 03:42 PM
jup :)

Harvesthetic
02-13-2006, 03:50 PM
little clarification maybe, since the situation changed nearly every week.
so :) 1 Clone.1: Seven weeks in flowering, one/half week to go.
Clone.2: Three weeks in flowering, approx six weeks to go.
3 new plants: two weeks in flowering, approx seven weeks to go.

so those are five plants that i can harvest within seven weeks :cool:
And the new bunch, 15 brand new white widow clones, ready for perpetual harvest :D, and the four clones in the scrog of course.
This adds up to... 24 plants already. Funny how the world turns.

BukDatAss
02-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Whow I really really really need a clone cab.. so whats ur process for he cloning

Harvesthetic
02-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Whow I really really really need a clone cab.. so whats ur process for he cloning
Actually it's a kinda rough process, the way we do it. :S
We don't really do it clinically perfect. We've taken a lot of clones over the years. When we do clone, be really sure to sterilize/thoroughly clean your pair of scissors. You don't want toe clippings to touch the plants, no?
We took the test. 20 clones with dirty shears, 20 with clean shears.

Out of the first twenty, we were able to grow 14 of them. The other six obviously had some sort of reaction on the dirty shears. Not that much rooting going on, and generally stunted growth and a decrease in photosynthesis.

The latter twenty were all good, and we only lost 1 due to dipping it too long in the rooting compound/hormone.

So, we've got the clones now, dipped in hormone, inserted in a rockwool environment, where we keep them for about five days really close under the veg lights. Be sure to leave them in the dark for at least six hours per day. They need the darkness to be able to root. Keep them in a very humid, 28° Celsius environment.
Keep them wet all the time, you may use weak leafage nutrients. (maxxximum leaf feed, or plagron phyt-amin, or whatever you can find.)
We feed them on a straight 6.2 pH water solution, with a bit of root stimulator. *be sure your clones are in a clean, warm environment. a clone cabinet comes in handy, but isn't really necessary, imho*

After those five days, repot into half 2- litre bottles, and again keep them humid, but up the root stimulator. After that, you're ready to veg & roll.

Really, we've tried nearly everything for treating clones. And this method has proven to be the most effective, at least for us. Keep it a bit simple.
Oh yeah, and always take five more clones than you need :) just to be on the safe side.

greetings, harv

Harvesthetic
02-13-2006, 07:48 PM
In case you were wondering, my mate used rooting powder on that first pic :stoned: my bad sry. The other ones are dipped in fluid though.

BukDatAss
02-14-2006, 02:43 AM
Nice so which one works better the 1st pic with the rockwool cubes or the bottle pic? nice job

Harvesthetic
02-14-2006, 03:09 AM
first five days rooting in rockwool cubes, then repot, with small rockwool cube into a perlite/soil mix. preferably wrapped in thermal foil, but aluminium works fine for me :)

BukDatAss
02-14-2006, 04:31 AM
OH OK GOT it Thanks So how long you been growing cause I thought this was you 1st grow?

Harvesthetic
02-14-2006, 04:39 AM
Yeah this is my first grow though, i still have to harvest my own grown bud :) the clones shown above. But i've got some friends who are into it bit more whom i tend to help out, so yeah i had some previous knowledge of the plant.

greenmonster
02-15-2006, 01:06 AM
yeah dude they do look-alike.
how tall are yours? a couple of mine wont stop growing: 38 inches now, they were 10 three weeks ago at the start of budding. I dont want them to get any taller or the lower buds will get no light.....hmmmmm

Harvesthetic
02-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Mine are about 20-25 inches. I wanna keep them low ;) plus the strain appears to stop growing at all after the fourth week in flowering. It's ok for scrog and such, but i'm sure yer average outdoor grower wouldn't be too happy with it.

So, update on the grow, in the final days of flowering, about to be harvested. The newcomers are doing great. :thumbsup: very happy with them. I've included the finest Belgian brew to show you the approx. size. Not bad for the first plant huh? It's a bit late, but i've finally named her. Biggie Smalls :D

Q: What should I do in this final stage of growth? I understand not watering for three/four days is the way to go, right? I've cut off the nutrients for about six days now, and the smell is clearly turning from real stinky skunky to plain skunk whiff. The nutrients from the leafage are clearly being used. I'm slightly trimming the fan leaves now, this is good right?.
;) l8er

BukDatAss
02-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Hmmm Looks really Yummy

Harvesthetic
02-19-2006, 05:27 AM
This is agonizing :) Patience, harvesting now would be a little too soon. Just 2 to 3 more days and I'm snipping this baby. First harvest is not far away now hahaa I did it. Yeah pretty happy with the result, after cutting off nutrients, the smell has gone from strong skunky, to a plain skunk whiff, and now it smells fruity and sticky at the same time, and i'm amazed about the quality. It rained trichomes, the buds are sticky all over and a friend assured me my first harvest would be shwag for sure. Eat this, literally. :dance:
I'm guessing the dry yield from this first full grown lady (26 inches) will be about 40-45 gr if all goes well. I'm including a last pic of the 3 new ladies I acquired. Not going to log them, i'll post a progress log when they're done. Can't keep this thread going forever. :)
Cya later for the harvesting, curing and drying!

Q: Anyone have any great tips on drying and curing for the most potent smoke? Shoot! :dance: bye

BukDatAss
02-20-2006, 04:19 AM
U DID DAMN GOOD FOR UR 1ST GROW.... YEAH I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT DRYING AND CURING I'M CLOSE TOO, LIKE LESS THAN A WEEK

greenmonster
02-20-2006, 03:11 PM
yummy.
looking sweet harv......
this growing weed lark is easy no???
i have a mate too who is convinced im going to get bog weed. Its nice to prove people wrong on stuff like this!!
how much do u think u will get dried??
congrats!

Harvesthetic
02-22-2006, 06:40 PM
ok... Clone 1 is dead! Cut down! Harvested! Drying at the moment! First personal harvest! And it worked allright :D:thumbsup: this is sweet, snipping away the fan leaves, setting up drying space... Smell improving by the day as it dries.
Of course! I have quick-dried one bud and sampled it... I thought what the hey it'll taste like crap but wow... Fresh bud with a heavy sting to it :p
This plant knocked me out cold. Astonished I sat in my sofa, staring at the buds, and a big smile appeared on my face... :D

Big shout out to all the guys/lasses that helped me on the grow! Thank you so very much y'all!
tomorrow: pics of total harvest, approx dry weight, i'm continuing my scrog grow.. ;)

SittinStoney420
02-23-2006, 02:03 AM
HOLY SHIT!

Harv, for a first indoor that looks amazing, i can only hope mine look half as good. With all these spider mites im not sure though :(.

Any chance i could get you to post exactly what you did to get the nugs to look like the pics above. Im amazed. That my friend is what i am striveing for.

-SS

SittinStoney420
02-23-2006, 02:04 AM
BTW how long have those been hanging for? Did you trim after they dried or before? And what is your dry room like? Temps, exaust (if any),humidity fans etc.

Thanks

Harvesthetic
02-23-2006, 02:22 AM
Hi stoney yeah i'm happy :) finally get to use the icon :stoned: OW YEA high on homegrown... yess

Those buds have been drying for three days now, around 16-21°C on a metal string in a 'drying cabinet' with a small bathroom exhaust. I trimmed right when I harvested. This might have been a stupid idea. I wanted to make some hash with the cut foliage but it was too little :p well next time, i've got 3 more White Widows in flowering.

As for drying and curing mate : http://www.softsecrets.nl/_public/SSUK2004-06.pdf page 15 ;);) excellent information

SittinStoney420
02-24-2006, 05:17 AM
How big is your cabinet?

BukDatAss
02-24-2006, 05:53 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMM that stuff looks damn good.. I was droooling looking at those pix