PDA

View Full Version : High Intensity LEDs

FinestHour
11-23-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm new to growing, i've got 2 plants right now, and am growing them under cool white fluorescent tubes...i kno that for max growth you need mostly blue and some red wavelengths of light, so i thought of LEDs...after doing some research, i've found that this technique will work, however the LEDs must be HIGH INTENSITY, not just your average LED...is there anyone out there that can help me in my search for the damn things? or maybe something similar? as of yet i've had no luck locating any....well any that aren't 15 bucks for 4! there are many benefits in using LEDs as a plant's light source and i am eager to try this...any help is much appreciated

Garden Knowm
11-24-2005, 12:43 AM
I hope you get answers and you can post your grow... I'd be very interested to watch your grow..

good luck

mightymarijuanabuds
11-24-2005, 05:16 AM
LEDs are still pretty impractical... you can build your own LED array cheaply, but it would require MANY hours with a glue gun/ soldering iron

you can buy ledgrowlights, but they are still too expensive to be worth it

IMO, stick with HID lighting or spectrally corrected flouro lights... look at the spectral distribution graphs on the different bulbs available at your local pet shop.. you will be impressed :)

right now i am using one standard warm white cfl, 2 hagen aqua glo tubes, one zoomed ocean sun tube, and one exo-terra 8% UV-B tube

turtle420
11-24-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm new to growing, i've got 2 plants right now, and am growing them under cool white fluorescent tubes...i kno that for max growth you need mostly blue and some red wavelengths of light, so i thought of LEDs...after doing some research, i've found that this technique will work, however the LEDs must be HIGH INTENSITY, not just your average LED...is there anyone out there that can help me in my search for the damn things? or maybe something similar? as of yet i've had no luck locating any....well any that aren't 15 bucks for 4! there are many benefits in using LEDs as a plant's light source and i am eager to try this...any help is much appreciated

Thread:
LED grow lights... input please.
http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=34819

:) Do please update that thread.... I'm also interested in LED growing...

FinestHour
11-26-2005, 06:17 AM
just to update, i picked up 25 HI red LEDs and 62 HI blue LEDs....for FREE!!
huge score, these things are expensive...now i'm concentrating on fabricating my own lighting array

chisme
11-26-2005, 08:46 PM
cool keep updates goin

Microsoft Certified
11-26-2005, 08:53 PM
i wonderd the same thing with high intensity leds. Will it work why not?

UPDATES keepem coming