PDA

View Full Version : clone question

jasper
07-14-2004, 06:32 PM
Well, its me again...........Is there a site somewhere I can go to see just exactly where on a mother plant you take your cuttings from? Have talked to some people, and just about everybody has a different story....almost like nobody really knows. can the mother plant be hurt if you take them from the wrong place? Would like to hear from someone who has actually done it. Thanks you guys :D

Tech
07-14-2004, 10:53 PM
No you can,t hurt her.
just cut em off so they r about 3 inches in length but there is no set size for them as long as you got a growing tip on top or side .
I have taken cutting as little as an inch in length when the mother is getting a little bald.
Dip em in ya rooting gel and stick em in a saturated rockwool cube in a heated propergator or on a heat mat .
If you haven,t got a heated propergator or heat mat then just use your ordinary propergator and they will root but just take a little longer.
I have had them root in winter as low as 5oc without rooting gel.
I get 95% sucsess every time.
You can,t go wrong , don,t be scared just get in there and cut em .

A good tip is cut your rockwool cube down the side to let in a little oxygen , and then you can have a peep at the stem after a week to see little white balls that are your roots starting to form.

I have just taken some cuttings so i,ll post a pic later to give you an idea .
:D

Sensi Super Skunk
07-17-2004, 05:10 AM
Make a diagonal cut to expose more surface to the water or rooting solution.

High 24 7
07-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Does anyone know how old a dirt grown clone can be before it can be put in a hydro system?

keywestcathy
07-20-2004, 10:55 PM
The age of clone does not really matter. You need about 3 inches of good root growth. Carefully remove soil from root base keeping the roots well hydrated. Then carefully anchor in the hydro system. You can do this with any plant, not just the clones.
Hope this helps.......Coloradojane
www.growweed.com

tumbleweed
07-21-2004, 01:11 PM
ive found after you cut it from the plant
and place it under water and cut it again diagonally
it helps more than just spraying the bottom with
a mister
hope this helps

keywestcathy
07-21-2004, 10:04 PM
If you go to my web site and click on favorite pics, there is a photo of where to take cuttings for clones. www.growweed.com
bekind!