PDA

View Full Version : Long Awaited First Grow Log

BkSkillz
11-21-2005, 06:54 AM
welcome everyone to my first grow log!YAYYYY! well after spending countless nights and days of researching and putting together my grow bible ive gotten together the resources to start my first grow...as of right now im using 2 100w cfl those swirl types along with one incandesent my grow space for now is a plastic bin about 2,1/2 feet in height about a foot in width and about 2 feet in length which i use to keep old quilts inside which after researching i found countless possibilities for but i decided to use it to strengthen my sprouts during vegging..after seeing maxblast first grow and his clever bucket layout this should be just as seccussfull or so i hope right now i have 7 plastic cups with there interiorfully wrapped in tinfoil with a few centimeters between the plastic cup bottom and the inner foil layer in which i have some aquarieum stones i found laying about under my aquarieum this is just for drainage(they were presterilized or so the bag of stones says) unfortunitly yesturday was sunday so i couldnt find the right soil mix i planned on buying since friday at the flourist because they didnt open yesturday but todays another day and out of 12 seeds i put to germinate 7 sprouted now im just sitting waiting for tommorow to get the mix theyve been germaniting for about 2 and a half days now and i redamped the paper they're in so they wont dry out and die on me till i can get them in some soil..my soil mix is going to b a 50/50 promix/perlite mix..i lined the inside of the bin with dull white paper straight out my printer along with tin foil on the roof and the bottom of the bin. the bin is placed in the center of my room right where the vent for the heat is at and the boiler of my apartment is set at a steady 70 deggrees hopefully this outside tept will be good enough for my chamber since im expecting tepts to rise once lights on begings for ventilation ive made several vents on the top of the bin above where the lights are hovering and will look into making my own rastafan soon. As for the tinfoil inside the plastic cups my thought behind that would b the tinfoil inner layer would make it less stressfull onthe plant during transplanting into bigger pots..um.. thats about all for now to give you guys a basic disscription of my setup hopefully soon i'll b able to get some pictures online to show you guys but till then any and all advice highly appreciated..now where did i put that clip at... :cool:

turtle420
11-21-2005, 11:44 AM
Yeah yeah yeah! :)

Nice! This is going to be interesting!

BkSkillz
11-22-2005, 06:02 AM
alright day 1 of my grow is one day i'll never forget..today i went to a health clinic after following advice from these damn aids comercials and to my great luck i manage to pick the most fuked up clinic out here so upon recieving the results of my mouth swab hiv test they tell me im possitive.. :confused: dramatic pause :confused: ... so after cryen my eyes out for what seemed like forever they called a counseler and he told me to go to his clinic and uppon goingover there and getting retested they told me the great news negative on both retest :thumbsup: !!!needless to say amen!!it turns out the first clinic confused my results wit some otha helpless sapp so thank you god allah jesus who ever listining i knew planting these ladies would come back to me in the long or this case short run they live!!! not even into there first 18 hours of light and there popping out slowly but surely and after my experience today i have a whole new appreciation for life...holla at me here a couple pics of my basic setup...your sadly mistaken if you thought my log was gonna b boring...p.s. im getting in touch with my layer first thing in the morning!

BkSkillz
11-22-2005, 06:09 AM
:cool:

BkSkillz
11-22-2005, 06:15 AM
p.p.s. i ment lawyer... also right now for ventilation i have a old manual pump that was from a old aeromatrress we had before have it the end of the pump ducktapped to a whole i carved out the side of the bin you can see it in the first picture coming out the side of the bin... any words of encoragement or advice appreciated

new at this
11-22-2005, 10:35 AM
looking good.

BkSkillz
11-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Day 3 update...out of 8 germanated seeds 6 originally sprouted by day 2 during hour number 18 of day 2 i switched the flouro light with this agrolite i also brought to see how much of a differerance it would make unfortunitly within an hour two of the 6 that sprouted shriveled up agro light was much hotter then the flouro, also after that misshap i noticed that pumping fresh hair periodicly wasnt having much of a possitive affect on the chamber so i constructed a makeshift vent out of tin foil the tin foil box duck tape and the house from the pump and placed the vent box end on my window sill since myside of the apt gets the most draft up here on the third floor..because the tinfoilbox doenst extend the whole way the window does i put some sweaters and extra ducktape on the remaining open part of the window to keep the cold air out..doesnt seem to be working to well but i'll solve that later on the possitive side the air vents working great for the chamber especially when i put the agrolite back on(any comments on weather cold air from outside will negativily affect plants please say so before damage is done). noticed that the plants i placed right under the light dryed up fastest so changed layout of plants to circular patern around the edges of the light source...planing on germanating 3 more seeds to place under lights by weekend..also due to fact that all my seeds are random bag seeds with a couple of haze seeds thrown in da mix plants growth expected at different rates any help with determaning species highly apprechiated..experience is the best teacher but any comments or segjestions please help! pictures coming soon...

BkSkillz
12-01-2005, 06:28 AM
wassup everyone well day 11 of orginal grow and out of the 8 i originally germanated only one has survived thus far along with several other sproutings since so right now i have 3 seemingly healthy sprouts and 2 seemilingly slightly shocked and 1 seemingly deformed sprouts 6 in all since begining grow little has changed except ventilation in which i no longer use a out window shaft and now am using a direct feed from my a/c unit mounted on my wall...pictures below first pictures of original 11 day old plant ive named raviousa spanish word for rebelious then next pictures of remaining 5 sprouts planted after other sprouts died out or i threw out after shock ..i think my original 11 day old sprout has a salt buildup problem due to the yellowing of the first set of leaves not the first true leaves the original sprouting leaves and due to a minute burnt tip of the first set of true leaves going to flush with disstilled water soon..any tips or words of inccouragement apprechiated... :cool:

BkSkillz
12-01-2005, 08:38 AM
heres the ventilation as is..

BkSkillz
12-10-2005, 08:48 AM
wassup everyone been busy lately havent had much time to update on my grow but seems like not many coments as of lately well i have a few questions and instead of bothering on another thread i'll ask here the tips of my oldest plants and of one other plant are curling downwards as you'llnotice in my pictures and also on the leaves under them the tips are neoraticstarting from the tips inwards along with slight yellowing of pigment in leaf these happento be the first set of true leaves after the original round ones which yellowed and died..ive done my reading an come to conclusion its overwatering or i prematurely transplanted her at day 21 out of her dikie cup and along with the shock and the shultz 10-15-10 plant food and a fresh soil mix of perlite and some other good tingz mighta accidently fert burned her i added a incandecent 60 w light just for the heat since im feeding them fresh air v.i.a. an extension to my air conditioner while having it on full time on fan and the fan sucksin cold outside air, therefore had to add the incandecent but another plant began curling upwards...just extra light shock the way im going i'll be lucky to get even 1 female..then theres the problem with the other 2 platns which once introduce to the incandecent began to prop there first and second pair of true leaves upwards ata steep angle...any help with these problems and how to lessen stress to my plants or any coment wat so eva highly appreciated pics below

BkSkillz
12-10-2005, 08:50 AM
...?

BkSkillz
12-10-2005, 08:52 AM
i'll holla

BkSkillz
12-10-2005, 10:33 AM
coments?

Harvesthetic
12-10-2005, 02:24 PM
my knowledge is limited in this stage,
but maybe? Don't you water a bit too often? Aren't you using too much nutrients? I completely didn't use my nuts untill the second set of true leaves were formed, I think Zandor told Rastagal this was the best way, since overferting in this stage can indeed burn out your plants quite quickly.
Just maybe, vent the growroom even more, has a tendency to straighten out droopy leaves.
However i do not know for sure. Let the Brains clear it all up ;)

ah look at me, info-bumping like a lil' bitch :D Someone help this kid!

SeAgul
12-11-2005, 02:17 AM
at sprouts you should only be watering.. minimall like once a week!!

let the soil dry out then mist it.. do that for like the first 2-3 weeks then you can water every 2-3 days.

BkSkillz
12-11-2005, 04:36 AM
thanks for the input guys seagul maybe u ment maximum like once a week..bu point taken i just finished flushing and transplanting the 2 which seemed to be pointing straight up after noticing the stem was turning purple theyre already looking alot better pluss the old soil mix i had was cheap 159 bag with high salticity and acidic ph..getten down an dirty...anymore coments welcome

redeyed
12-28-2005, 10:52 AM
one thing I noticed you are doing, which i also did for a long time, is experimenting to much with trans planting and venting and nuts. first back way off on your nuts and watering, your plants will start to do much better because the roots will need to grow and search deeper in your medium for moister. stronger roots stronger plants.
one thing i would do is instead of sucking air from out side into the grow box in i would go to radio shack and get one of those small computer fans, cut a hole inthe side of the box and screw the fan to side blowing out, best to be closer to the top from my experiance. next drill some small holes on the oppasite side of the box closer to the bottem. this will give you air exchange which is needed and will suck out the heat from the top of your box. fans are cheap, $20 or some shit like that. i would also take a peice of black cloth and hang it over the fan to keep light out in case you have to flower in there also.
with ventilation and with out the cold out side air you can now shit can that incadesant light that is doing nothing for the plants and replace it with a nother clf. more light nicer buds and you should'nt have a cold issue now since your not pumping cold air in to the box. do you have a timer? appliance type that plug in work great for what you need and can get at home cheapo. it will make life easier because you won't have to rush home from your girls house in the middle of givin her a good one because oh shit, i got to turn my lites on.
looks like you got a good start for your fist grow and your doing better than i did my first time. just don't make it harder than it is and over think it and when your done with this crop make sure you hook a brother up.
peace, redeyed

BigBudDaddy08
12-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Hello BKSkillz.Since no one eles is posting i throw my 2cents in.Ok first things first i am assuming that your 100watts cfl's are truely only 23watts of true fluorescent watts.That will just not do for so many plants.Your gonna need about 6 of those for about 2 plants (Also keep in mind i say 6 because it's close to 2200lumens psf.so 2200lumens psf= good lighting).Also the foil need's to go it focuses light to one spot and burnes it and really doesnt reflect much compared to white paint or mylar or the saftey blankets.As for ventalation ''Redeyed'' is right those small pc fans would work great in your situation.Also is there any air movement in your tub.a good fan will make your stalks thick and then can suport it self.For now thats all i see is wrong that is keeping you back from a perfect grow.Also lay of nuts.

BukDatAss
12-29-2005, 01:13 AM
sup BK I'll be keeping up with your grow I love 1st grows I'm having 1 myself GOOD LUCK and Shit Man thanks GOD your healthy.

BkSkillz
12-29-2005, 07:14 AM
:::whips tear from eye::: "they love me they really love me" thanks guys for the post realy appreciate the modivation well unfortunitly i nute burned my best 4 plants but was able to save a couple witch are doing better now that i went back to basic water and light and also have come to same conclusion about them shitty swirl flouresents and am awaiting a mh system as we speak.red eye thanks for the ventilation idea i think that'll be just perfect for this setup will keep u updated on how that works out..im very flattered to see you guys posting on my thread after my plants burned up on me i was down for a few days but have kept the faith and just sprouted some more bagseeds will post pics soon..and as for my girl..shhiiiiit i wish she didnt live with me after what i been through leaven her crib and her staying there would be like a christmass gift from christ himself...but na she lives with me along with my 3 week old son...again thanks for the support guys will post soon!

BukDatAss
12-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Congrats on ur new born thats a true blessing. As for your plants if your having big problems just post your problem on a new thread and you can get good help. Thats if no one is getting back on ur thread. I mean somtimes you need to hear that advise from the pros. good luck man hopefully u can still save them

BukDatAss
01-04-2006, 05:11 AM
BSkillz man whatsup

turtle420
01-04-2006, 06:41 AM
BSkillz man whatsup
What's the update? :rasta:

BkSkillz
01-04-2006, 08:24 AM
sorry bout the wait guys been alil busy lately bu here they come and as for the mh fixture that didnt go through as smouthly as i'd hoped so im gonna stick to good old cfl but i managed to get some 43w cfls with a added lumens value of about 6000 psf so that'll hold me down till i need to flower these new pics are of my newly spouted bagseeds there about a week old today and doing way better then my original set up..second pictures of my original first sprout which i managed to nurse back after burning her hope she wasnt 2 stressed i guess experience is the best teacher after all today i should be picking up some foxfarm grow big and a few more lamps for the new bulbs they should be getting here sometime this afternoon thanks turtle and bukdat this site is a big advantage for what we do how we do it when we doen it keep growen ...ps my son says merry late christmass..

BkSkillz
01-04-2006, 08:25 AM
and a happy new year

Powder Puff
01-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Looking swell!:D:p

Your gonna need bigger pots soon son, they are going to be stunned, at that point, you have to transplant, and they will be growing like nuts!:D

Good ongoing luck!:) Whos the kid?:)

BukDatAss
01-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Thats his son Puff :)
Man thats a cute ass baby ;) Congrats Im a dad too of a 3 yr old boy :)

But anywayz BK the plants are looking very good, so how far along are they? R you giving them anything like Super Thrive? Yeah what Puff said dont wait to long to repot I mean 3 weeks should be the max, and when you do repot---->
Use this method it works really good. Me and Puff used it so do lots of people (http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=29705)

yea as for nutes after you repot if you dont have anything in mind just ask me or puff we both used good stuff that worked well for us... good luck man :dance:

BkSkillz
01-05-2006, 01:06 AM
wassup everyone alright so i went to a hydroponics shop and picked up some isentials here they are: first FoxFarm Grow big liquid plant food 6-4-4 came highly recomended next jack classic orchid special 30-10-10 and last a nice good old fashioned bottle of superthrive so being as im trying to avoid a horrible and painful death for my plants i thought i'd ask you guys for advice as to a feeding regimine the superthrive is suppose to be used in conjuction with fertilizers and nutes so i was assuming to conbine superthrive along with the grow big and then later on in development hit them off with the orchid special for that power punch of nitrogen any segjestions highly appreciated you guys know my setup 3 cfls 5750 lumens 43w 200w equivelent 1 flouresent 23w warm light 120 w equivelent 1190 lumens combined lumens of about 7000 in a space of about 2 square feet with constant airflow and 24/0 lighting average of about 70-75 deggrees f in chamber and about 80 outside with lights about a inch away from plants any advice highly appreciated..holla

BkSkillz
01-05-2006, 04:10 AM
so quick question can i combine the said plants nutrients in the same 1 gallon jug and will that throw my plants into any kinda shock or nutrient O.D.?!?!?said questioin 6-4-4 grow big foxfarm 30-10-10 jacks classic orchid special and superthrive??? any and all segjestions ?

BukDatAss
01-05-2006, 05:05 AM
I see you went crazy at the hydro store :D I know you'll do good growing :dance:

BkSkillz
01-05-2006, 05:17 AM
not at all im already planning my next trip everytime i go to the hydroshop i jus think about how much better my system could/will be...any advice on the nutrients??? im hoping to mix things up tonight to feed them in the morning

mrabrego
01-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Just use the superthrive and the foxfarm stuff. Try the foxfarm stuff at half strength to start out.

BukDatAss
01-06-2006, 05:33 AM
You need to ask Latewood about nutes hes the man to ask track him down on his thread or just start a thread thats says LATEWOOD HELP. I'm pretty sure that you'll get his attention that way

Trichome Creator
01-08-2006, 05:14 AM
Hey skillz. Good luck with the grow. BTW sue the fuck out of that clinic.

BkSkillz
01-08-2006, 05:31 AM
wow mister trichome the great happy to see your post dreams really do come true..alil more ass kissing and i'll see zandors sighn my thread..any advice on how to maximize my conditions? any and all input appreciated..now fora quick public service announcement:skillz says even if you dont got bush...Bush still got You!

Trichome Creator
01-08-2006, 06:01 AM
Superthrive will reduce plant shock. On another subject you'll want to move to larger containers soon as well. The general rule of thumb is one gallon for each foot in height. If you plan to grow some five footers (Sativa) then you will need five gallon nursery containers. Good luck.

BukDatAss
01-08-2006, 06:09 AM
whatup BK yo whatsup with some new pix. :D
Hope everythings going good :thumbsup:

BkSkillz
01-13-2006, 05:12 AM
these pictures where taken on 1/11 and already there looking way bigger since i added anotha cfl 55w 3300 lumens 6500k there all getting the big grow an superthrive nutz as of about 4 days ago and there really shotting out right now i guess im going with a LST now all i need is for you good people to give me any hints/tips on where to begin waiting for them to hit 12 inches to induce flowering right now there about half way there also as u can tell i accidently toped the oldest plant i have and can see the 2 main branch off where the 2 main kolaz will hopefully be located any info appreciated as allways and on a sader note i havent indulged in smoking any tomatoes for the last week i think ima stop smoking till i harvest to really enjoy the experience...holla :cool:

Powder Puff
01-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey, TRANSPLANT NOW!:) The leaves are hanging just the same way as mine where.. Transplant, and you will get a faster growth rate!:) Atleast 3 gallon pots!:) I just got buckets.. I'm not exactly sure how big, but arond 5 gallons atleast!:)

Growing is not only about the above soil growth!:)

BkSkillz
01-13-2006, 10:23 PM
ive been giving thought about the transplanting issue but gonna wait it out at least another week ima go shoping for a nice inexpensive closet to convert into my flowering station seeing as how ima soon run outa space in the bin hense why the 3 gallon change of pots is practicly inpossible i guess i should of planned ahead note to self: tomatoe plants really take off after the sprouting stage ends and veggitative stage fully begins..ima go take anotha read of hardons lst'ing techniques as well, on another note this issue conserning hardon and tc is none of my business since tc has directly helped and contributed to my thread and hardon has indirectly educated me on many aspects as well as inspiring me to grow to begin with but yet an still nothing is hated more in the hood then a snitch lying and stealing are both charecteristics of that family tree so as many others within this comunity...tc..say it aint so..

Powder Puff
01-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Yeah.. To bad TC is a fucking scammer.. I didn't belive it when it came onto the boards..!:(

But, build a closet/cabinet A.S.A.P.!!:D They are a little stunned, and the leaves are drooping.. Signs of overwatering or lack of root space!:) I have been there myself!:)

Sucks to not see the growth I was expecting in the first place!! lol.. <--- I'm talking about my grow..!:)

BkSkillz
01-14-2006, 01:41 AM
ohh shit the wierdest thing just happend in a freak accident i placed my grow bin by the window so they could get some fresh air and wouldnt u know it tin foil is an electric conducter and a strike of lighting nuked all my plants lights ventilatioin everything gone...but at least i was able to save the tomatoe plants i had seperated right before airing out the chamber im done with illegal plants... now to breath life to my veggys ...yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...will update on my veggy's health soon as possible

BkSkillz
01-14-2006, 01:46 AM
p.s. trichomecreater...if that is your real name i hope you get sent to hell and end up being in a waiting room with no smoking sighns and a 1000w hps with reflector as your seat while u wait for your number to be called from now to eternity...lets see if your quote about 1000w hps penetrating even the virgin mary is true or if its like the rest of your post purely fictional...o and i dont love you!

BukDatAss
01-14-2006, 06:56 AM
LOL yo BK I found my pots in the dollar store thats nuts I would never had thought that they would have Pots their man they have tons of little shit I use on my grow :D Good growing man :thumbsup: yeah man repot ASAP

BkSkillz
01-17-2006, 09:55 AM
transplanted on 1/15 placed them under 18/6 for yesturday and today till transplant takes today 1/17 begun lst training them and astonished at how fast they respond to bending already pulled an tied back numerous fan leaves accidently cut one fanleave off but was slightly dead already due to early light burn might deside to veg an flower in the same bin now that height issues are vertually gone thanks to lst'ing tied all except one of them between the 5t and 6th node so now i have 5 regular single colas one which was accidently topped but looking really good all opproximitly 6 to 7" in height except for the one untopped which hasnt really stretched that much it still has 6 nodes but is way more compact i also see that although these all came from the same strain of unamed bagseed theres a major difference in some of there stronger charecteristics most of them seem majorly indica dominent but still theres one to 2 of them which has more sativa like resemblance in leaf production and growth rate.. can anyone inform me as to weather same strain buds tend to distribute phenotypes differently from seeds like is it possible for a part of the final inpregnation and seed development for some parts of a plant to get reproduced from sativa dominant pollen or indica...i dunno i might not be making any sense but hey any coments welcome...

BukDatAss
01-17-2006, 03:33 PM
yeah I'm not sure but I think so some even though the same strain may lean towards one side of the strain more than the other but not to sure? :confused: Anyways I want some pics man I want to see the bending and tied up stuff so when u get a chance post it up :thumbsup:

turtle420
01-17-2006, 03:53 PM
yeah... let's see the LSTing... :)

BkSkillz
01-18-2006, 08:41 AM
wassup eryone well still gonna have to wait a couple more days till my girl gets back with her phone for a new update but i promiss its gonna be suprising how much theyve grown and how much ofa good job im doing with the lst'ing i love tomatoes!well i got a ph tester and my ph is at 7.2 ish i read that viniger is a good organic ph down can anyone recomend the dossage per gallon of h20 or half gallon or what ever works i jus need to drop it down about .5 or .7 to a nice 6.5-6.8 any segustions?

BkSkillz
01-20-2006, 09:16 AM
lsting getting better and better by the day ive started tieing them in a clockwise patern so that theve begun resembling cfl swirl lights wrapping around or at least thats what ima aim for througout the rest of the grow ph still at 7.2 and since transplanting have begun reducing there ligth cycle tonight from 1:30 they will have officially begun 12/12 so far though the oldest of all plants same one which was accidently topped has begun exzibiting round pods one on each side of every node and otherwise my suspicions are that this might be the first male of the crop due to no sighn of any pistils will keep updated still asking about the amount of viniger to bring ph down about .5 anyone out there any help at all?? still no pics to put up fuken t-mobil will post soon..holla

Powder Puff
01-20-2006, 01:36 PM
So, the transplant did wonders, right?:)

turtle420
01-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Sounds good Bk... any pics possible?
I'd like to see your LST work... Mine has gone pretty good, but I had no organization... unlike you, that you've started doing it "clockwise". I just tied them down, the re-tied them down.

Later,

-turtle420 :cool:

BkSkillz
01-22-2006, 11:47 PM
here you go dr.turtle..first one is of my best growing 4 and those seem to be coming along with the pair shaped pods unlike the second picture of my accidently topped and incidently oldest plant the 3 headed monster whichseems to be making football shaped pods and looking like my first male and the other one on the far end of the chamber which is the runt of the litter and also looking extremely mail to me later tonight will add pics of my lsting techniques..HOLLA!

turtle420
01-22-2006, 11:54 PM
"Dr. turtle" LOL!!!!
If I don't know about something, we need to ask Dr. RastaKaze :)

Your LSTing looks good man. The more you do it, the more you know what you can, and can't do. When LSTing, I typically:::
A- Move the branch/plant with my hand to where I want it... more or less eyeball the length of wire needed.
B- Cut the wire and make the "hooks" for it at both ends
C- Tie the wire to the pot, then move the branch to the "hook" end of the wire
That's it.

With easy and patience, LST works wonders. The only fuck-up I've had so far, is I bent too much one branch, and it "snapped". It didn't snap in half, but you can see a tight "crease" in it. Like when you do HST (high stress training) on the plants. I didn't realize I had done that to her after a couple of days after... when I saw the "damage" site, and it was alreary doing fine and dandy.

Best Bk,

BkSkillz
01-23-2006, 12:50 AM
jus waiting for the next shipment of cfls 2700k to replace the 5600k bulbs i got in the main grow chamber in order to finish making my clone/seedling chamber with the blue spectrum bulbs i realy wasnt going with cloning my first time around but watching turtles thread it seem so simple i cant help myself right now my crops on day 3 of 12/12 im doing it backwards hes doing it im sexing them now then taking 2 to 4 clones per mother and keep a perpetual harvest in that way sex then clone ..hope it works out for me and looking great as usual keepen up da good growen..

BukDatAss
01-24-2006, 06:38 AM
yeah man thats good. Lookin really good BK love to see that its all working out for you good job :thumbsup:

BkSkillz
01-24-2006, 09:11 AM
killed off the three headed monster after concluding multiple ballsacks on nodes were male now alot more room in the chamber anticipating the next male/s if any at all will update soon
thanks for the support buk i might jus think of getten a 360 over a ps3 when hell freezes over, and ju know its been kinda warm up here in brooklyn so that wont be anytime soon bu thanks for the support i'll holla 1

Garden Knowm
01-24-2006, 09:17 AM
looks like overwatering...

hmmmm

love

turtle420
01-24-2006, 01:07 PM
killed off the three headed monster after concluding multiple ballsacks on nodes were male now alot more room in the chamber anticipating the next male/s if any at all will update soon
thanks for the support buk i might jus think of getten a 360 over a ps3 when hell freezes over, and ju know its been kinda warm up here in brooklyn so that wont be anytime soon bu thanks for the support i'll holla 1
Dude, get a 360 when prices come down... it's simply too insanely costly right now.

But anyways, don't buy a PS3... studies have shown that people that own PS2 and, in the future, PS3, have a smaller brain/mass index than peope who own xBox...

There! That's the scientific explanation for it!

BukDatAss
01-24-2006, 03:17 PM
LOL :D :D :clap: anywayz man talk soon 1

BkSkillz
01-24-2006, 10:30 PM
:mad:

BukDatAss
01-25-2006, 03:43 AM
LOL whats up BK how the LSTing going I might do a little my self to give the little buds at the bottom some light

MeanGreenEye420
01-25-2006, 04:47 AM
AND I LOVE IT

BukDatAss
01-30-2006, 04:08 AM
UPDATE PLEASEEEEEEEEE PIXXXXXX

Powder Puff
01-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah.. It's been a long time since latest update!

Update now!:)

turtle420
01-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah.. It's been a long time since latest update!

Update now!:)
I second this... I want to know how my nieces are doing! LOL!

BkSkillz
01-30-2006, 12:15 PM
the masses have spoken day 11 flower right before lights out, as for feeding after the jacks orchid mix 30-10-10 right when i began inducing flowering for that extra punch of nitrogen for the rest of there lifespan havent fed or watered in 8 days this morning flushed for excess salt with plain water(deer park) no superthrive nothing next time i feed/water will begin with either foxfarm big bloom or tigerbloom dependent on supplies at hydroshop and superthrive untill harvest so far the remaining 5 have all shot pistils and are looking extremly sexy to me the growth is almost overwhelming though i thought they only doubled to trippled in size during flower these girls have practicly quadruppuled in the first 2 weeks.. any input appreciated again bagseeds under ballpark 8000 lumens cfl lighting both blue and red spectrums in space about 2 square feet induced flowering at about 6 to 8 inches height good grow so far.. holla..p.s. shoutouts buk turtle puff knowm and everyone else who have contributed thus far for all the help along the way will light tha next one in ya honor:cool:

BukDatAss
01-30-2006, 03:11 PM
It lOOKs like a Jungle:clap: Nice Man I dont think that space is going to be enough those bad boyz are getting big HUGE:thumbsup: Nice job:dance:

Powder Puff
01-30-2006, 06:00 PM
Looking GREAT!:)

And BukDat, choose you're words better next time..!:p "bad boyz" could jinx it!:D:p

RastaKaze
01-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Man, nice jungle:rasta: :D

Keep up whatever you are doing :thumbsup: :cool:

mrabrego
01-30-2006, 11:55 PM
keep them cfls close to the plants bro,@1 to 2", gradually raise them as the plants grow. gotta keep em close, and if you have a fan blowing on the leaves bulb area, you can keep em really close to the plant @ 1/2". Keep up the good work, looks outstanding.

BkSkillz
01-31-2006, 01:31 AM
once the top comes down all the bulbs are within an inch of the canopy i find myself untieing and retieing every day to keep from burning the tops as u can see small patches of burned folage but all in all im doing pretty good i noticed towards the bottom of the plants leaveswhere curling up and looking like inlongated fingers so came to the conclusion that it was a salt build up flushed with plain water and that seems to releaved there stress actually i havent come aroudn to having a canopy fan yet ive been meaning to get one jus to busy around the house..thanks for the support!

BukDatAss
01-31-2006, 05:16 AM
Nice so how Many plants do you have now? your in flowering right?

BkSkillz
01-31-2006, 06:42 AM
yup day 12 of flower i have 5 and i might be alil over anxious bu i think there all female.. puting up pictures later tonight...

mand
01-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Hello BkSkillz :) I'm sorry love I didn't know you were doing a grow journal untill you mentioned it:o

Day twelve of flowering and not shown gender yet, sounds promising :),

I'll have a read of the whole thread when I put my feet up later tonight ;)

love mand xxx:)

Oh I do hope they are all girls :)

BkSkillz
02-01-2006, 01:14 AM
sorry for the delay day 12 flower freshly LST'D right before lights out this morning jus checked up on them although they all seem to have pistils a couple of them are begining to show those football pods underneath jus when i thought i'd have a supercrop here come the hermies :mad: ...by the way thanks mand abrego buk an rasta for dropping by:thumbsup:

BkSkillz
02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Before::o

BkSkillz
02-01-2006, 10:21 AM
And::cool:

BkSkillz
02-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Now::dance:

turtle420
02-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Nice LSTing, nice...
They're be up and pointing towards the light in 3-4 hours... @ least mine do that.

Nice job Bk!

BukDatAss
02-01-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah nice job on the LSTing.... I have to try that for the next grow and that tiger bloom too;) BK so what are you going to do bout the hermies? Thier going to be hard to find with the LSTing I dont know but I have resin on my buds (still crossing my fingers) and see no signs of pollenation:confused:
and hopefully I wont with the Reverse; I'm going to use that last dose tonight. I forgot but u told me, when do male pods make their last round for pollen? Well good luck if you think of getting the stuff just let me know. I think thiers like 3 places to get the Reverse and I'll let you know of the cheaper priced one.. I paid around 18shipping included, but on the back they recommend this Dutch Master Penetrator which also is around the same price but I couldnt really afford it so :rolleyes: anywayz just let me know if you need the info

BkSkillz
02-03-2006, 07:47 AM
well i havent fed them at allsince the flushing the other day but i took a couple pictures with "random" objects from around here :cool: so u can get a scale of things the first one with the metrocard was taken yesturday before lights out an the one with the "other thing" i jus took as u can see ive got some plans for tonight talk to ya lata by the way im waiting for the tigerbloom to arrive to begin feeding them only one of them actually popped those white hairs(pistils) people talk about so far thats evedent but i belive i have at least a few females talk to ya soon keep growen!:thumbsup:

Pothed
02-03-2006, 10:26 AM
new to the forums and i got a couple ?'s 4 u bk...

when did you start growing these plants?

the pots you are using, how big are they and will you be changing the plants into bigger pots when they get bigger?

i know very little to none about growing and helpfull tips are greatly appreciated.

also, i'm going to be growing only 1 plant in a pot about 6-7 inches tall, 5-6 inches wide. is this good for only 1 plant?

is germinating the seeds better than just planting seeds?

btw. they look beautiful :p

BkSkillz
02-03-2006, 10:47 AM
i dont know anything about growing these so called cannabis strains i grow tomatoe plants but there life cyles and needs are similar...that being said these pics i post on here are readily available on the internet and thats where i find them copy an paste here..i could imagine how someone would feel if they contributed to illegal substance development with paranoia and always looking behind there back...hold on wait a minute i hear something..brb...but um..yea jus read and experiment ...good luck

Powder Puff
02-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Nice little forest you have there Bk!:D

BukDatAss
02-03-2006, 05:07 PM
YEHHH BK:D Nice touch On the card and hats:D

Harvesthetic
02-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Lol nice work BK, those rubbers are in me cabinet too :D great laugh

BkSkillz
02-05-2006, 09:10 AM
hey wassup erybody day 17 flower and eveythings comen along better the last few days i thought damn flowering with cfls is mad slow for bud sites to develop but since yesturday the difference is well noted i have 4 that look extremely female to me and one that i assume isa male and is the onlyone that looks different then the others its developed a bunch of pods on what i assume would of been the main cola ona female plant with spikes sticking out but none of them actually look like pistils on my most dominant female i see pistils clearly with the v shape and all but on this it jus seems like many many many pods bunched together a green honeycomb hopefully with you guys advice i'll know for sure and get rid of him asap before any damage is done at 17 days 12/12 cfls about 8000 lumens cfls full spectrum any advice appreciated onthe matter votes please is it a male pics will be posted up ina few hours

turtle420
02-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Death to the males!!!

Powder Puff
02-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Yes, give the males "death from above" and then smoke them!!:) They taste bad, but, the high is somewhat better than bad shwag..!:)

BukDatAss
02-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Puff I think thats only some strains not all.... I guess you got lucky:D

BK its worth a shot you should try it too:D :D

Puff I'm gonna mail you my hermie bud LOL:D :D its still just sitting their

BkSkillz
02-06-2006, 02:56 AM
sorry bout the late posting of pics first 2 are of the suspected male then the last pic is a overshot of the other 4 hopeful females taken this morning before lights out..puff i dont think ima be smoken any males this time around im in this for the quality if i wanted shitweed i'd go around the corner buk hows the rest of that grow comen along hope everythings good turtle time for clone war v.3.0... any coments appreciated holla

BukDatAss
02-06-2006, 05:17 PM
yeah its lookin good. LST is the sheet and so is Scrog. Man I'm going to try to do both for my next one:D Well BK I'm almost at week 6 tomorrow I'll do an update or maybe not? I cut my hand and its all hard to maintain the plants now I gotta wait a few days to heal up:( But their doing Ok a lot of yellowing of the leaves? I hope its ok cause theirs ALOT of yellowing leaves but the buds look good I guess thats all that matters:clap:

BkSkillz
02-07-2006, 05:01 AM
thanks for the support buk glad to hear erythings good with your ladies at 6 weeks flower the plants just going through its lifecyle yellowing off its fanleaves thats to be expected as for my grow at day 18 12/12 and jus now all of them seem to be showing there sex im down to 4 after killing that suspected male yesturday morning still waiting for tigerbloom to arrive in the mail i ordered it last wendesday off e-bay an still hasnt arrived alil odd but i'll contact the seller tommorow if it still hasnt arrived if i dont water/feed them soon there gonna begun getting frustrated will post pics later tonight...holla

BukDatAss
02-07-2006, 05:20 AM
Sounds good I always get so happy when I get a package in the mail and its for the ladies:D Yeah thats goood to hear I really want to try the tigerbloom stuff, so what the N-P-K? Bk talk to you soon :thumbsup:

turtle420
02-07-2006, 05:25 AM
What's up guys?!

Sounds good I always get so happy when I get a package in the mail and its for the ladies:D
Yeah man! Me too! Today, I received a couple of more X10 timers... will be able to do some interesting stuff with those extra ones. I'm expecting CalMag PLUS anytime soon...

Hey Bk! Looking good man ;) Looking good :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BkSkillz
02-07-2006, 07:28 AM
heres a pic of current setup looking much more spacies since that last male have another plant seemingly either male or hermie cant be 110% sure just yet but hes in the indangered species list better pop them pistils soon! and then lil snapshot of one of the walls in my crib see how we do holla:cool:

BukDatAss
02-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Yeah lookin better now thats more room for some FAT BUDZ :rasta:

That walls hott :eek: I love the chick pix its LOOKING goood:clap:

Yeah I think its sound good LOL:D 1g I hope everyone else iz still up to it, You Better be: Puff and Turtle:thumbsup: :rasta:

Powder Puff
02-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Shut up BukDat..

We don't want trouble from the mods! lmao

Just eMail me here secretagentman120 @ hotmail . com no spaces..

Powder Puff
02-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Oh, BTW...

They are looking and doing great Bk!:)

BkSkillz
02-10-2006, 10:35 AM
allas another one bites the dust another male plant spoted and with this one my hopes of a secussfull grow diminish but do not dissapear down to 2 definitly 100% females in my grow chamber and now for Plan B: the clone wars begin picked up some shultz rooting hormone powder earlier now all i need is another grow container and some fresh soil and i can begin my definitive grow...out of 6 ended up with 2 males 2 hermies and 2 females..could of been worse off for my first grow pics coming soon..

home grower
02-10-2006, 02:43 PM
hi there did you say you are growing lowryder???
if so wot do you think off them as im growing out five at the minute and i havent bin to impressed untill the last few days where one of them and has just started filling nicly..
ok the pic was to days ago ill post a new one in my post in a few more

turtle420
02-10-2006, 03:06 PM
Looking good Bk :)

BukDatAss
02-10-2006, 06:04 PM
BK dont get down man You still Have 2 nice ass plants AND THERE LADIES:dance: I cant wait to see this clone thing with you:thumbsup: I really want to do 1 for my next grow. BK man I really recommend that Reverse stuff for those damn hermies.. I really regret killing that 1 hermie earlier in my flowering. I wouldve had another O :eek: but I'm good and see lots of resin it looks like them male pods couldnt do no harm or got knocked off(the new ones that I prob missed and couldnt see) Well anyway good luck with those 2 just spoil them and they will pay you back for it;)

BkSkillz
02-11-2006, 07:58 PM
well im not haven any problems with this cloneing thing already going on 24 hours since cut and planted and there looking good to me they do need alot of misting though but i'll keep it up for the next day or 2 periodic misting every couple of hours only took 4 clones this time to get the hang of it will take 4 more probably on these clones day 7 hope they make it alright there mothers are still 12/12 and they look so perty now that its only them in the big bin nice an confy will post pics of my newly constructed cloneing chamber made out of an old jewlry dissplay cabinet found lying around perfect since it was made out of glass jus draped it with tinfoil hung a 34w cfl 5000k light took cuttings let sit in water mixed with foxfarm grow big and superthrive regular strength dipped in shultz rooting powder and planted in wormcastings soil perlite mix from my local hydroshop...pics coming later tonight

BukDatAss
02-11-2006, 10:55 PM
WWWooohaaa sounds good cant wait to see the pix

BkSkillz
02-11-2006, 11:58 PM
1)Mothers 2)Clone Cabinet exterior 3)clone cabinet interior only 1/8th the cabinet room being used up currently if all goes well will increase with experience there u go buk thanks for dropen by..holla

turtle420
02-12-2006, 07:59 AM
Yeah BK!!! :)

Man, I really hope your clones are smooth sailing... I hope you have no problems. Then you can come over and help me out with my clones... LOL !!!!!!

But dude, looking really good. Congrats on the mothers... man, the grows will now be much easier and faster, compared to seed-grows.

Best Bk, your setup looking great,

BkSkillz
02-12-2006, 10:17 PM
will do turtle! steped my game up alil bit an jus finished ordering a 250w hps light with chrome reflector and ballest from inside sun heres a link what do u guys think about how much grow room do i need for that light im not really sure what to expect heat/ventilation wise and hwo ima adopt any ideas or comments welcome?http://www.insidesun.com/index.php?action=item&id=747&prevaction=category&previd=2&prevstart=0

Harvesthetic
02-13-2006, 02:00 AM
will do turtle! steped my game up alil bit an jus finished ordering a 250w hps light with chrome reflector and ballest from inside sun heres a link what do u guys think about how much grow room do i need for that light im not really sure what to expect heat/ventilation wise and hwo ima adopt any ideas or comments welcome?http://www.insidesun.com/index.php?action=item&id=747&prevaction=category&previd=2&prevstart=0
Hi BK sweet lamp.
It's a 250w so you should provide some room/suspension for the ballast. It's gonna get hot, especially when you're on 24/0 or 18/6. See that it's a bit safely installed, without too much firehazard or dustclogging, i'm just saying :p. For the grow space, you can pretty much do anything i guess as long as it's over 4 feet high and about 1.5 ft wide, 1.25 ft deep. IMHO :) the more experienced nizzles will know.
good luck dude

BukDatAss
02-13-2006, 04:31 AM
Nice clone Cab... I gotta build one of those too soon

Um You should go for the 400W LOL nah their pretty good thats where I got mine from and I get no problems. Mine does kick out mad heat both the light and ballast. Just be carefull its really hot I had to do the whole cool tube thing, but if you have a good space you should have no prob. I could be wrong tho, look at Puff he has a 400w and he has no fan but he has perfect Temps:mad: Good Luck

BkSkillz
02-13-2006, 09:39 AM
well i was thinking about using my cfls(a shit load of them) for sprouts and veging then only using the hps for flowering as to save on electricity so as long as i have about 4 feet height im good that means about 15 to 24 inches from the light to plant..hmm will take in consideration thanks for the advice fellaz

BukDatAss
02-13-2006, 04:51 PM
Oh Bk never just go and put the light towards the plants right away.. ALWAYS Run A TEST for you can be able to know the Temps without harming your plants... I had to learn the hard way

BukDatAss
02-17-2006, 04:41 AM
Oh BK about the light it took me about 4 to 6 days to get the light. It was alot faster than I expected.... So how long have you been waiting

BkSkillz
02-18-2006, 01:57 AM
day 28 flower of the mothers and first day of the 250 hps i think they love it cuz the bulb is about 7 inches from flower tops and they haven tshown any sighn of light stress but then again they were used to less then an inch of clearence between the cfl bulbs an the plants so 7 inches might jus be a relief..as far as this hps...what the hell was i thinking with cfls...warning for future hid users.. DONT LOOK STRAIGHT INTO THE LIGHT REGARDLESS HOW BAKED YOU ARE!..pictures coming soon

turtle420
02-18-2006, 04:32 AM
warning for future hid users.. DONT LOOK STRAIGHT INTO THE LIGHT REGARDLESS HOW BAKED YOU ARE!..
LOL!!!

BukDatAss
02-18-2006, 07:57 AM
Hell yeah that light makes me go blind, I still havent bought a pair of shades:cool: but I think this might be the last grow for a little while cause my wifes bro is moving like freakin 3 blocks away from me:cursing: :mad: hes the type that would go in the room while your sleeping and just be their doing whatever:mad: so I really need to work on the steath crap.. Need more fans odor control crap:( sorry BK to talk about crap but that sucks, anyway good luck that HPS is gonna do some damage:D

BukDatAss
02-20-2006, 04:22 AM
WHATS GROWIN ON....BK

BkSkillz
02-25-2006, 02:55 AM
bout time for a update...day 37 flower of the original mother plants both female pictures are pretty shitty but what can you expect from a camera phone first was my attempts of takign pics with the hps on second is of the cloning cabinet out of 9 i cloned 8 have made it one died(tip for you new cloners STERILIZED BLADES A MUST) anyways my mothers arent looking quiet as advanced as i'd want many pistils shot and many many bud sites jus nothing i can consider a bud yet..i imagine its either due to me using tigerbloom but no bigbloom(see the erros inmy ways bigbloom is in the mail) or due to the weak lighting the first 30 or so days of flowering also might be a slight chance that this strain is sativa dominent inthat case 37 days of flowering and where there at is jus about right..the things we gothrough when using bagseeds..anyways everything still growen an my tomatoes could be worse so im doing something right one last heads up to my boy bukdatass congrats ona secussfull first harvest and many tocome im sure also to puff read about the hermie situation but still very succesfull grow thusfar congrats um as always any post highly appreciated and to all those who indulge as we do safe growing!:thumbsup:

BukDatAss
02-25-2006, 05:59 AM
Nice that HPS + CFLs should do the trick they should take off from here:dance: ...
Hey bag seeds is like a box of chocolates u never know what ur gonna get:pimp: , so maybe it is more sativa thats why you have to wait.. Just be patient your doing good:thumbsup: . I know your hard work will pay off in the end, besides I need you for a taste contestant on my bud soon and vice versa :D

Ask the guy how long it takes him for flowering unless you dont want him to know that ur growin:D

turtle420
02-27-2006, 12:49 AM
Woot!

alex32
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
update.......

turtle420
03-01-2006, 03:49 PM
update.......
He's smoking himself retarded...

SkillzRemix
03-28-2006, 11:59 PM
to all those left in the dark immmmmmm backkkkkk...been a while since a update truthfully originally i left cuz of the security threats and what not but upon trying to return my previous forum name had been restircted for reasons unknown to me so i couldnt post any replies to any thread i think it was either the e-mail address i had has expired or my unconpromisable foul language but now that i found a loopwhole i shall try descretely to continue with this forum if i have offended anyone plz point it out for me so i can tell them where to stick there heads anywayz back to business im at the last week before harvest for my indica dominant strain and about 3 weeks away for my sativa strain hear this a fellow grower came through not to long ago and said that im growing white widow then supplied me with a sample of his ww could it be?anyways here are a few pics of my baby as well as the 2 mothers flowering i have 3 clones on there first week of flower one fromt he indica dominant 2 from the sativa will place 2 more clones next week to keep my havest about 3 weeks apart ...also have to take new clones from my clones and need to pick up some ph up/down fromhydro shop.. first pic was about 3 weeks ago other 2 pics were a couple days ago pistils have all turned orange calyx's have swollen but trichomes are still about 20-30% cloudy then about 60% clear(thank you radioshack 60x-100x microscope)another week to go and im home free!hope you guys enjoy!:cool:...p.s. wassup to all my old friends turtle puff buk mobay feel free to drop by and leave comments and hello to all new friends feel free to post much appreciated for responses...i'll holla

BukDatAss
03-30-2006, 04:02 AM
bK Looks good man WoW ur almost done at harvest already.... Nice to have u back. That looks goood MMMMMMM

turtle420
03-30-2006, 04:07 AM
bK Looks good man WoW ur almost done at harvest already.... Nice to have u back. That looks goood MMMMMMM
Second that!!!!

Especially the part about:::

That looks goood MMMMMMM
:)

And the "nice to have you back" part too man!!! :D

SkillzRemix
03-30-2006, 08:15 AM
:p afta reviewing trichomes once more spoted a few amber heads so took it as a sighn to begin harvest chopped down most of my favorite plant only flowers that had 80%+ cloudy/milky trichomes..wanna thank all those whove lent a hand and helped make my first grow a secussfull one and with that said im off to sample this bud ive been drying a couple days jus me an mini marley and a wholeeeee lota smoke this ones for ya!
will be weighing full crop hopefully by this weekend hollaaaaaaaaa!
...is this love is this love is this love is this love that im feeling!

BukDatAss
03-31-2006, 05:22 AM
So hows the Smoke ????????????????

turtle420
03-31-2006, 10:55 AM
So hows the Smoke ????????????????
It's so good, he forgot how to use the computer... He is stooooooooned!!!

Very much like this guy --> :stoned:

lol ! , for real, how is it Skillz?

postmandave
03-31-2006, 07:48 PM
pretty impresive mate, very impresive indeed, im trying this lst thing myself anyway welcome back,the postman