PDA

View Full Version : Huge Problem Plants out of control

cycleguy
11-17-2005, 09:07 PM
I have 5 plants in 3.5 x 2 x 5 feet closet space. I only get about 4 feet tall of usable area. They are in week 4 of bloom and they have pushed there way to the light. I had to keep raising it. I am out of space and still have 4-5 weeks to go. Is there anything I can do? I have 400W HPS. I donā??t think the leaves at the bottom are not getting any light. They are dying at the bottom. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused:

mightymarijuanabuds
11-23-2005, 09:10 PM
yellowing off of lower growth is normal at that hieght... indoor lights don't have the penetration to expose light to beneath the canopy

gently bend your plants over and tie them down, slowly, over a few days - week to keep them shorter... youll be just fine

cycleguy
12-09-2005, 01:53 PM
I bend them and tied some fan leaves back. I am at 8.5 weeks. I have some big buds all at the top. I cut off the top buds and the fan leaves. Now itā??s getting great light. I also ordered and extra 125w florescent compact to put toward the middle or bottom. Will any of this have a bad effect on the plants? Another question is I pulled about a lb with stems and not dried yet. What is the ratio for weight once you dry and cure? :) :)

Harvesthetic
12-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Soma has a technique of bending the stems too and then tying them down.. I came across Harddon's LST thread, could be helpful pity he's not there anymore :(
then again, someone else will probably know :)

SeAgul
12-11-2005, 02:19 AM
LST! or top them biotches

latewood
12-11-2005, 06:32 AM
I bend them and tied some fan leaves back. I am at 8.5 weeks. I have some big buds all at the top. I cut off the top buds and the fan leaves. Now itā??s getting great light. I also ordered and extra 125w florescent compact to put toward the middle or bottom. Will any of this have a bad effect on the plants? Another question is I pulled about a lb with stems and not dried yet. What is the ratio for weight once you dry and cure? :) :)
there is a good chance when you wack the kola off in the middle of flower,
you will put plant in shock and it won't do anything for 2 weeks, then It might hermie, or sooner.

If you did what I think you said you did....hmmmm, oh well

latewood
12-11-2005, 06:34 AM
yellowing off of lower growth is normal at that hieght... indoor lights don't have the penetration to expose light to beneath the canopy

gently bend your plants over and tie them down, slowly, over a few days - week to keep them shorter... youll be just fineMmbuds, had the correct answer :thumbsup:

latewood
12-11-2005, 06:39 AM
LST! or top them biotchesThis is a perfect example, of what could happen if you take the wrong advice, and this is the main reason some of us, that sort-of oversee and lend a helping hand to new growers, are constantly harping on reading up and having a 'clue' about growing; Before wacking their Main Kola off in the Middle of Flower...............
..........roflmao......roflmao.....roflmao :smokin:

P.S. Sorry, I just could hold back on this one...ththa'ththat's all 'Folks

cnd411
12-11-2005, 07:23 AM
If you only have 4 feet tall of usable area. There are products such as Dr. Node or Optim Grow that stop your plants grow vertically .When your plants reach a desirable hieght apply one of the mentioned products per instruction on the lable. You will have big fat buds but the leaves will curl and will also reduce THC.

harmonicminor
12-22-2005, 02:26 PM
I always pinch and bend the stem. the buds still grow like mad even upside down

lemonboy
12-22-2005, 02:44 PM
There are products such as Dr. Node or Optim Grow that stop your plants grow verticallyAlso Bushmaster made in Humboldt. It's made from seaweed as I understand. (organic?)