PDA

View Full Version : Why I use marijuana

oldhag
11-17-2005, 03:33 PM
I use pot because I think it dulls my pain. Not only my headache and neck pain but pains from life. The whole world become more important because I can concentrate little things in life around me.
It numbs just enough so I can enjoy life.
Why do you use pot?

SporesDirect
11-17-2005, 03:35 PM
So I dont take everything so seriously. We are here to have fun and enjoy so why NOT. Yeah I do waste some time on it, but atleast im not out there hurting anybody else.

oldhag
11-17-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm 39 yrs old female. I tried pot when I was 18 but I didn't like it then. About 8 months ago my friend gave me pot to try so I tried. Wow my whole world slowed down from all the stress. I was able to so much more when I'm stoned. I don't think pot jolts me but slows my world instead.

I don't know anyone who smoke, I'm on my own on this self medicating thing. Are their any moms who self medicate so you can go on?

HannabisTheCannabis
11-18-2005, 12:52 PM
It's a get away for me... I have a very stressful life and responsible for many things.. Just helps me get away, even when I'm here..

Torog
11-18-2005, 01:15 PM
I use pot because I think it dulls my pain. Not only my headache and neck pain but pains from life. The whole world become more important because I can concentrate little things in life around me.
It numbs just enough so I can enjoy life.
Why do you use pot?Howdy oldhag,

I don't like using yer handle,because I don't like to call women names that are demeaning and I doubt if yer an old hag...lol.

I choose to use marijuana,because it's a much safer alternative than pain pills,muscle relaxors or alcohol and it's many times safer than even asperin. I'm 46 and disabled,I'm supposed to be on narcotics for pain and muscle relaxors for their anti-spasmodic effect,but both of em,just wind up making me feel miserable and use-less..and constipated,which causes more pain. So I choose to suffer more pain as a result,I can tolerate alot of pain anyhow and I ain't the type to complain about it either. My gal often chastises me for not speaking up about my pain,lol..God bless her tho,because she takes better care of me-than I do. I was told long ago,by a shrink,that I was in denial of my condition and that I needed therapy to avoid gittin depressed..lol..I do have alot that I could be depressed about,but I'm an eternal optimist-I don't do depression and I dang sure don't let shrinks tell me what I should be feeling..I'm so profoundly grateful for what I do have,that I don't think that I will ever git depressed over my condition,although I do git frustrated that I can't go back to work in the oil patch..they're paying so good right now!..lol.

Marijuana,also frees my mind..and that which was bound..is made un-bound..and I can fly with the eagles..git sub-orbital or in a geo-synchronous orbit..I become a cannibinaut !:D

Have a good one !

DonnieDarko
11-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Thank you for asking ..... young (you're only 39) hag :)

Over the last several years, I have suffered increasingly from anxiety, panic and bouts of mild depression. I treat myself with MJ, regularly at low doses, which significantly improves my ability to function normally in my life.

lostinTO
11-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Hi,
I guess I'm into the whole self-medicating thing myself. I'm 51 and used pot a lot in college but only started on a regular basis again last year. Now I smoke daily as a way of relaxing, to get rid of anxiety, sleep-aid etc. I have always had a tendency to drink as a stress reliever, so I though that switching to pot (or at least reducing my wine intake) would be a healthier alternative.
Not sure it's working though because over the last couple of weeks I have been severely depressed over something that happened and the pot doesn't seem to be helping because it slows me down and I'm even more disinterested in getting anything done.
I have a tendency towards depression, so I don't know if I should lay off the dope for a while or what.
About a month ago my husband commented that I seemed more relaxed and easy going with the daily toking - but then this thing happened and I'm just numb and uninterested in anything.

lostinTO

budsbuddy
11-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Well I will be 50 in Feb. I started smoking in Calif. when I was a freshman in High School. (14) I think that was too young but I have smoked regular since then.
I just enjoy smoking and the whole camaraderie thing,
althogh now I pretty much have to smoke by my self because I know very few other people that smoke.
I just think it is a better altenative to drinking and better for you.:D

lostinTO
11-21-2005, 01:20 AM
Well it's nice to see that there are some older people on the forum - I was beginning to think everyone was around 12 years old ;)

IrieAllie
11-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Hey there ;) I was a smoker in high school and college fairly regularly...off and on since then. Hadn't had ANY in about 8 years. Went to Jamaica, and smoked...yes, I had fun, but moreso I noticed that I actually slept THROUGH the night for the first time in years. I am usually up every 45 minutes to an hour, wondering "Is it time to get up yet???" They've tried sleeping pills, which did absolutely nothing for me. So between the stresses of running my own business from home, trying to balance that with being a mom and wife, and all the other shit that goes on (insomnia, etc), I have found that herb just slows it all down, lengthens my "fuse" a whole bunch, and helps me sleep like a baby. The stupid shit in life just doesn't bother me, otherwise, I'd be on a rant, bitching about every little thing. So I believe wholeheartedly that herb is a natural benefit to me (and anyone that has to LIVE with me!!!!).

35 here, by the way ;)

Allie

shay
12-14-2005, 09:36 PM
i started smokin wen 13 now 33 FEEL GOOD NOW

ScarlettCrush
12-17-2005, 09:47 PM
I smoked a little in high school, a little more in college, on and off as I cycled through friends who did or didn't. It was always an occasion, you dressed nice cleaned your house, cooked munchies, rented movies and invited friends over.

I started smoking regularly after gastric bypass surgery a few years ago. It helps stimulate my appetite so I can eat and kill the uber gross nausea I get after every meal. Hormones are stored in your fat and I lost so much of it...I didn't recognize myself, my boyfriend was being unfaithful, my best friend was so jealous she began to hate me and I had about 200 pounds worth of extra hormones making me insane so smoking weed...I think it saved my life. I may have self destructed and exploded over and over if it hadn't been for calming effects of MJ.

oldhag
12-21-2005, 05:34 PM
I visited my mom and sisters in Charlotte few days without my kids or hubby. I had the best time. My sister drinks socially for happiness but I missed my pot. I finally ordered my supply from 2 mail order and I'm waiting anxiously. HTS wrote that he sent mine this monday. (hurray)

I don't know about others but I've lost 20 pounds vaporizing pot. I use to weight 128 and now I'm back to my pre baby weight. I feel very up lifted with my weight loss. I'm also told that I became more positive. (Hurray)

But that time of month is coming and usually I get very moody. My husband doesn't know I use pot, he'll have a fit. Anyway I wish my supply comes today so I can clean my house for the holiday.

God bless,

Jin

robert42
12-21-2005, 07:31 PM
v.well said

i smoke pot to enlighten my mind and for sleep and pain relief from my leg,

i smoke pot because i can because its my choice too and if i love it then so sue me ! :p

ScarlettCrush
12-21-2005, 08:54 PM
I have vapor envy!

lemonboy
12-22-2005, 03:39 AM
I don't know about others but I've lost 20 pounds vaporizing pot.Wow! Congrats! I've lost about 70 lbs since I made Mary Jane part of my daily routine. It's one of the things that made me see cannabis in a whole new light.

dogg
12-23-2005, 02:28 AM
I smoke to concentrate on one thing and not many things. I started when I was 16 and on and off until 21. I stopped for two years and came back when I was 23 and I smoke every damn day. Smoking also helps me handle the repetitive ways of my 87 year old grandfather I watch on the weekends.

dogg
12-23-2005, 02:29 AM
Wow! Congrats! I've lost about 70 lbs since I made Mary Jane part of my daily routine. It's one of the things that made me see cannabis in a whole new light.

Congrats.