PDA

View Full Version : Huge problem! please help!

heavymetal101
11-16-2005, 08:55 AM
WHat is it when the big five fanned leaves have whitish, yellow dots all over them? Is it becuase of too much light?

Garden Knowm
11-16-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi Heavy : )

uh no... sounds like it could be mites... did you look under the leaf..?

do you see webs.. are they white or orange/yellow/white?

can you post a pic..if you wipe the leaf with your hand or a white cloth on both sides of the leaf...and you see brown smudges.. you have mites.. you should be able to see them..

When there is to much light.. very rare by the way... the plant will just looked bleached.. the whole leaf will turn whitish yellow.. but not necrotic... and when you lessen or raise the light the leaf turns green again and starts growing where it left off..

i love you

Zandor
11-16-2005, 03:55 PM
It could be early signs of overwatering too.

xiansi
11-16-2005, 08:48 PM
It sounds to me like you have mites... I had this problem this year with a new indica I started growing.. since the plant was young when the mites started coming I didn't want to put pesticides on it. So twice everday for about 3 weeks I would go over the entire plant and wipe down the tops and bottoms of the leaves with a soft (silky) rag, and after about one month they were entirely gone. Hope this helps.

redeyed
11-17-2005, 04:29 AM
If it's not mites and your not over watering you could also have a problem with your nutrients or lack there of. It could be any number of things but these three are your most likely culperates. Hope this helps.
peace, redeyed

Garden Knowm
11-17-2005, 04:41 PM
heavy,

what we are trying to say is.. we need a picture cause we have no f-ing clue..

: )

heavymetal101
11-18-2005, 03:59 AM
hey, sorry but i dont have any pics/ But i think it could be the nutrient problem becuase i dont give it any, i just planted it in miiracle grow potting soil. It's not like bugs or anything, it's like the leaves have actual discolored spots on them.

Thanks for the help, i think i'm going to go buy some trace elements or something.

Zandor
11-18-2005, 04:52 PM
i just planted it in miiracle grow potting soil.
I found your problem............it's miracle grow products.

Bad, very bad for growing a resin producing plant. It's like feeding Junk food to your plants. It may work for a while but not for long over the whole grow cycle.

squareguy
11-18-2005, 07:34 PM
i once had a bag of miracle grow potting soil that was infested with spider mites.

redeyed
11-19-2005, 06:54 AM
Ya dude, I hope you have your plants in small containers right now and will be transplanting soon, and not with miracle grow!!!!!!!!!!!! I will tell you that when you smoke grass grown with miracle grow and grass grown in a good quality potting soil, something that has no chemicals what so ever, or a mixture of yuor own you can definately tell the differance. The stuff grown in miracle grow will taste like chemicals no matter how much you flush it or cure it. The stuff grown in the later of the two will taste like what it's supposed to, MARIJUANA. Good luck.
peace, redeyed

heavymetal101
11-20-2005, 10:04 AM
They are already flowering, i got it (just one) hid at this place far way from my house. It's been quite a few weeks since they have been flowering. It's about 1 1/2 ft tall maye and has quite nice size buds for it being so early!! It's just the leaves are starting to get spots which i really think is lack of nutrients. I had a bug problem with black i guess knats, they didnt hurt the plant they just got into the soil. but there gone now.