PDA

View Full Version : stupid ph question sorry

cyberbud
11-16-2005, 01:10 AM
in soil am i supposed to ph down my water or is that just a hydro thing? ive always read we must balance the ph but then somewhere i came across info saying not in soil. (forgot where) i left a plant in the garden freezin to die and fed it plain cold tap water a few times and it looks cool.. will jus need ferting but i wasnt gona ph the water as im testing..

cnd411
11-16-2005, 02:31 AM
Depending on what kind of soil are you growing... Normally, 6.2 - 6.5 pH for soil. Have a good day.

Garden Knowm
11-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Hi Cyber

well , ideally all water should be ph'd,,, but soil is so forgiving and it has its own ph.. meaning if the soil is 6.0 and you water it with 8.0 wtaer, it may take many many waterings before the ph becomes to high to grow a healthy MJ plant...

recently there was a grow in Miracle Grow soil, using cfl's, and the clone was watered with ph 8.0 water... it veged for 10 days.. and flowered in 50 days.. no problems..

but it is a risk you take...

i love you

cyberbud
11-16-2005, 11:25 PM
cheers. im using bio biz all mix and bio grow n bloom ferts.

cyberbud
11-24-2005, 12:44 PM
sory im still kinda stuck here..? .. all mix is supposed to be neutral isnt it? i need to buy a ph meter my soil kit ran out. i duno if im supposed to add the phospheric acid to neutralise the water.. as i usually do.. or just let the water distill... which is tricky cause it takes ages in bottles let alone buckets. I duno if its the phospheric acid makin all my plants taste the same see.. even different breeds taste n smell almost the same with different ferts and it never looks right. ive only just started with bio bizz soil n ferts with this 1 plant, i put it into bud a few days ago and just gave it plain warmish water with small dose of bloom.. the run off is still blue when i test it.... should be light to dark green ?

fhydro
11-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Hi, Cyberbud! You say that all your plants taste the same ? I laugh, but i must admit that mine also. AK47 is the strongest i mean in THC level, if i put too much, i cough, but in terms of taste, it's quite the same with skunk or afghan...Because of what ??? I use a mix of phosphoric and nitric acid.
Fhydro

cyberbud
11-25-2005, 11:03 PM
i have no idea.. doesnt even look right.. cant describe the taste either.. kinda weird taste.. not fruity skunk smells...