PDA

View Full Version : How do you know if you're getting a good deal?

Copasetic
07-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Hey,

I don't have a scale and was wondering, how do you know if you're getting what you purchased? I recently started buying 1/2 and full oz at a really great price, but maybe it's not such a great deal if i'm getting shorted!

Can anyone suggest a way to (approximately) measure a baggie or compare the weight without a scale? Thanx!

p.s. prices i got were $50 for a half and $100 for an oz of good BC bud no junk! I know I shouldn't complain! LOL

;)

sawleaf
07-13-2004, 01:30 AM
Wow those are killer hookup prices! Yeah I wouldn't complain. Don't know how you can really judge, unless you have a perfect eye for bud. How about carrying a ounce and half ounce fishing weight in your pocket for weight comparisions. Small digital pocket scales are pretty cheap and definately worth it. :)

marinesf22
07-13-2004, 01:57 AM
every dealer I have ever bought from was either a friend of mine or I asked them to weigh it, most of them are cool, because they want buisness you know?

HarmoniX
07-13-2004, 02:23 AM
Thats all good dude, im in the same boat as you are: "how do i know if im getting good deals." where can you get the little scales that look like the pirate compasses? cuz im thinking you might be able to get it at a home depot or something?

rnf232s
07-13-2004, 05:37 AM
I think it would be pretty much impossible to spot the amount and weight cause the bud is never really the same each time. It could be all thick buds one time and the next time be all spread apart. Just get one of those small scales that Harmonix was talking about cause those are cheap as shit and you can usually get at a smoke shop or something like that.

HarmoniX
07-13-2004, 08:39 PM
or if you wanna get mondo technical, those digital scales are only around 60 bucks. dont get an 8th and just short out and get a scale, then dealers will have to give you equal sacks, just make sure there not stems.

Copasetic
07-13-2004, 09:02 PM
thanx so much for your help guys! :-)

duppy man
07-16-2004, 09:36 PM
You Pays your money and you takes your chance..........its not the weight that should concern you its the quality a good deal is right weight and good gear....I have been ripped more times than i care to think about

Brainhaze
07-17-2004, 04:56 AM
Well, I posted about some stuff before, but there are SH*Tloads of those digital pocket weighing machines (look like a calculator) on e-bay - I think it'
s in the Industrial&Business>Science>Instruments section or something. Man - you'll be surprised what you can find there - they ship fast and it's DEFINITELY cheaper than buying in stores :). Hope that helps.
As for judjing by eye - I donno man - you can never be sure - cos sometimes it's tightly packed and sometimes it's more loose - so yeah, better buy a small weighing machine :). I also agree w/ duppy man :) - I mean what's better a full Oz of shwag or just a bit short of Oz of good bud :)