PDA

View Full Version : Banned from Marihemp!

Return of the redi
07-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Sorry, bit of an off topic, but I just got banned from Marihemp, and I have no idea why. :mad:

Return of the redi
07-12-2004, 11:40 PM
I've been reinstated. It seems they were trying to teach me a lesson. I'm not sure what that was, but still.

maladroit
07-13-2004, 09:08 PM
i got banned for impolite comments i typed back in january!

forced

maladroit
07-13-2004, 09:20 PM
i wanted to type more but this board timed me out twice...i guess they don't like the verbose types here

i wanted to say that you guys did some find shit defending me (or at least opposing the gestapo tactics)....lib toker brought a tear to my eye with his comments...how am i supposed to enjoy kicking his libertarian ass after that??? i'll never hear the end of this...

no big deal...i'll post a sincere heartfelt apology for my parasite comment on the MP board when i get back...the cabal will continue their policy of baiting me in the hopes i'll reply in kind and get banned again...i'll observe the MP rules for regulars who don't belong to the cabal

hey: maybe i should change my nic to forced vacation!

Libertarian Toker
07-13-2004, 11:37 PM
"how am i supposed to enjoy kicking his libertarian ass after that???"

I'll bet you'll be able to find a way! Don't get all musshy on me man. You been hanging around that Market Board for to long. Your getting all sensitive and shit. Put on your gloves and let's have some good old fashion in your face fun with Freedom. I know your feeling kind of senitive these day, so I won't beat ya up to bad. Good to see ya man!

Toker

maladroit
07-14-2004, 01:25 AM
i suppose i'll have to bite the bullet and post here if i wanna type to my friends

thanks for checking out my last month worth of posts...i have been reasonable over there (certainly more reasonable than the regulars and a certain unnamed mod) and i've posted consistently enough to be a regular...they don't like my opinions and they don't like me so they wanna throw me out of their high school clique....now i'll have to eat lunch by myself behind the bike rack! WAH!!

the last time i got banned, the mod (who i'll politely leave as an unnamed parasite), told me to go back to the liberal hell hole on the politics board...that was a more extreme political statement than i normally make...i doubt this suspension had anything to do with chong and more to do with the first suspension...although they used my six month old comments about homosexuality as some kind of reason, i think its more of a 'subtle' encouragement to restrict political content to the politics board

anyhoo, i don't think anyone should judge the whole website on the basis of a few people...its just a game to them and there is more freedom to explore outside of their tiny playground...but no bully can keep me from swinging on the monkey bars!

at least the marketplace finally got a decent thread...

NowhereMan
07-14-2004, 01:26 AM
man u no what
shit fukin happens

hope it all works out

maladroit
07-14-2004, 01:30 AM
nowhereman you're a moderator?

please don't ban me sir! can i check out the view from your ass? HAR!

its all good nowhereman...this doesn't even qualify as shit...you should have seen what i had to clean up this weekend after my kid barfed all over the food in the grocery cart at the store...EWWWW!

Libertarian Toker
07-14-2004, 01:45 PM
They seem to hold a grudge against you over there don't they? They are indeed a bunch of hypocrites. Some of them seem like cool people, but there are others, like huffy fluffy, that are so blinded to their own doings that they can't see past their own noses their poking in everywhere. One guy was so whacked out that he claimed you were an ass in every post you made. Well, I couldn't find any post's you made that would make a normal person say all your post's are negitive and insulting. Not one negitive or insulting post. I'm thinking they are what they claim you are. Maybe exagerating your actions to such grand levels is how they cover up their own tendency's to be completely negitive and insulting. If they can make you look bad enough, then they won't notice their own negitive and insulting actions. I have seen the false accusations, and the truth. Personaly, I think they owe you an apology for their lies and personal insults they threw at you while you could not defend yourself. Some people just like to kick people when their down I guess. I have seen that same linch mob additude here too. It seems confined to the lounge though.

Isn't that weird about NWM? I would hate having to do that job. The guilt would consume me if I had to take Freedom away from people.

So, the US is doing ok in Iraq now-a-days, ain't we? The beheadings seem to have stepped up the pullout of some countrys, but I'm sure you can see now that I was right all along. See, I told you they would have more Freedom. If your free to chop off heads, your a free son of a gun.

Toker

maladroit
07-14-2004, 02:42 PM
that lynch mob attitude has a name...its called "social mobbing"...it happens in schools and workplaces when a person is singled out for exclusion or removal...those juvenile tactics don't bother me but institutional censorship does...maybe i'll get used to it after i'm banned a few more times for having incongruent opinions...i am the one who deserves an apology but in the interests of making peace, i'll be the big man and make a grand apology for my qualified statement about parasites...then maybe they'll let me join their treehouse club! RAPTURE!!

i see you're trying to hijack this thread to make political statements about freedom again...tsk tsk...where's NWM to protect me from reading something i don't agree with???

having recently been virtually beheaded myself in the name of freedom, i can identify with the situation in iraq...those iraqis sure are anxious to express their gratitude for liberation...they didn't even wait for democracy!

i tell ya toker, i feel awful about the situation in iraq...you're good at making logical points about freedom but our version of freedom is incompatible with some cultures...in iraq's case, i think there is a large enough secular base to build a society based on restricted freedoms that will hopefully expand as it evolves politically and culturally...in the short run, iraq is a failure but in the medium term, i believe iraq will achieve stability and democracy...in the long term: who knows? i think the worst thing that could happen in the long term is an iran-styled islamic revolution and one of the factors that would encourage an islamic revolution is continued western intervention...as much as i hate bin laden, i gotta agree with him that western powers have to stop using military force to achieve political objectives over there

too bad the united nations moderators can't ban the global freedom haters...nah, they'd probably just ban the noisy inconvenient people who exercise free speech to air controversial opinions...BAH!

As defined by the FBI, the definition of terrorism is "the unlawful use of force against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population or any segment thereof, in the furtherance of political or social objectives". This definition includes three elements: (1) Terrorist activities are illegal and involve the use of force. (2) The actions are intended to intimidate or coerce. (3) The actions are committed in support of political or social objectives. (FEMA-SS)

maladroit
07-14-2004, 03:02 PM
you know what? i used to be a moderator...about 8 years ago (!!), one of the seed companies in vancouver made a board for me with my nic as the title...i got a swelled head over that one...it got popular for a while and a couple of real time pot heros actually posted a few comments (including a vancouver police officer who spoke out against the drug war)...i controlled the assholes the same way i deal with assholes here so i didn't have to ban anyone or even delete a post...assholes and trolls want to be acknowledged (usually negatively) but they are diffused by positive acknowledgement...in most cases, trolls are young 'adults' who need guidance on how to behave in a new environment where there are far less controls than the family dinner table

Libertarian Toker
07-14-2004, 03:06 PM
I guess that definition kind of makes the US look like terrorist. It's a fine line, that spreading of democracy is. It's that "unlawful" word that makes it so fine. Hell, all we gotta do is make a law that says it's legal, and all is well. I feel a little like that cuban comander in the movie red dawn. At the end of the movie he lets the rebel go and throws down his gun because he can't take what he has turned into.

Toker

Libertarian Toker
07-14-2004, 03:16 PM
"i got a swelled head over that one..."

LOL! I bet you did! I agree with you, there are better ways to deal with problem people then just up and banning them.

Toker

NowhereMan
07-14-2004, 07:14 PM
nowhereman you're a moderator?

please don't ban me sir! can i check out the view from your ass? HAR!

its all good nowhereman...this doesn't even qualify as shit...you should have seen what i had to clean up this weekend after my kid barfed all over the food in the grocery cart at the store...EWWWW!

tell ya what

i dont play well with folks i think out to hurt feelings
so no you cant look from my ass
i wont ban ya for that
i ban assholes and abusers ,,,,and hell i let them get new names and try agian
to a piont
thanks
peace

Libertarian Toker
07-14-2004, 07:24 PM
"i ban assholes"

Oh that's just great! I'm doomed if that's the case.

Toker

NowhereMan
07-14-2004, 07:30 PM
i do not moderate anything at marihemp
im just a cafe member

i did mod the chat there but it got moved here,so
here i am

i dont want to force my views ,hell half what toker says is gospel
the other progoganda,,,,figuring out whats what is the hard part to the simple minded shall i call my uneducated self,
i try to let anyone express themself so long as its not gonna hurt others

calling me names aint cool just cuase i take off a post,im no nazi im no sensor
say something un offencive,and hell i may never even know ya exist,
i post alot cuase i have alot of friends,i read alot,skim thru them luahing at them,some shock me,hell i care less about ya sex life ,or ya drug habits
i care less if ya vote for a dum ass just vote so ya can take the blame with us
ok ill hush sounds like im preaching
ill just say
i moderate here to my best ability with fairness, and humor when i can
i do not take any crap tough,jokes are one thing,put downs are another
i will let you know if you sound high and mighty
cuase we are all the same
and equal treatment is as it is,,nothing to do with ya job ya title ya money ya dope ya hope,or ya dreams,
we are all just people on the net,
peace to you and yours

Libertarian Toker
07-14-2004, 09:06 PM
You don't have to explain yourself to us Man, we know your a good guy. We, or I should say I, may poke at ya a little because of your authority, but I think you know I hold no ill will towards you personaly. I hope you know that anyway. If ya didn't, ya do now.

Toker

NowhereMan
07-14-2004, 09:16 PM
must say i luaghed

Return of the redi
07-14-2004, 09:17 PM
I've been banned for good now, and you know why? Seems them little bellends on the market place board can goad you all they want, but the minute you respond (not even in an abusive way) the gestapo step in and take you out. So this is my home now. I can't even re-register under a different name. I can't believe the mods over there are so fucking inconsistent. As long as you agree with their stand, you can say what you want. However, if they feel you're criticising them, then it's only a matter of time.
WANKERS!

yellowjacket
07-14-2004, 10:27 PM
Redi, email me at [email protected] and I can reregister you.

I'm behind a firewall.

Just tell me what you want your username and password to be, I'll create an email address as a reference for the entry. I can do this over and over....

Return of the redi
07-14-2004, 10:52 PM
Really? Nice one mate. I'll drop you an e-mail.

Return of the redi
07-14-2004, 11:00 PM
I used to be able to reregister. I have done several times. But now it's still got me down as registered under this name, so I can't reregister. It never did that before.

maladroit
07-15-2004, 01:20 AM
didn't sentry say that all opinions were welcome? apparently not.

i feel really bad about the new suspensions...people were trying to address what they believed to be an injustice and now look what happened...this is not good

i thought this was some kind of game being foisted upon me by a few of the other regulars at MP but now its turning into a virtual war...please don't get banned on account of an asshole like me

yellowjacket, if it helps, i'll gladly order some cannabis posters from the nice folks at cannabis geography and distribute them to my friends down at the british columbia marijuana party headquarters where pottv and cannabis culture are located...they might get better advertising bang for their buck by advertising with www.cannabisculture.com if they decide not to advertise here...shoot me a link and i'll place an order tomorrow

up until today, i have enjoyed almost every second of time spent on cannabis com and marihemp...ron bennett has put some good stuff together and i can't bring myself to say a bad word about this place...i thought my ban was the result of a few intolerant people suffering from a severe humour deficit...but after the last couple bans, i don't know what to think...some fine people went down today for even less reason than me

NowhereMan
07-15-2004, 03:33 AM
i wont ban ya for liking bush
may think your a idiot
but wont ban ya for that
hell
i hate to ban anyone
i myself think kerry is a lesser of two evils is all.
say what you will as long as u aint calling folks faggots and shit and hey
I will let you go at it,
there othere rooms in chat,,,,,,meet up discusss your opnions in private
we are not but what we make it here
that means u to redi
i have no clue why they banned ya,,,,ive not been at marihemp much.

i would like nothing better than read that we all get along
peace

BellBottomBlues
07-15-2004, 03:43 AM
undefined

i was sorry to see you get banned over those clique-sters at MP, forced. i'm also sorry to see redi get banned for doing essentially nothing. :mad: if i were you i wouldn't apologize for shit. eff the market place and the schoolyard gang there. lol they call us "childish" :D

i registered here a while ago, but i've never posted before. after seeing the kind of shit that goes down at MP i was kinda discouraged, and i'm going to post here more now. i'm still going to post on marihemp's politics, but the whole debacle has inspired me to come here a little. :p

bbb

yellowjacket
07-15-2004, 03:47 AM
Hey forced,

Don't feel bad at all, you weren't holding a flame underneath me, towards the end I should have ignored their messages - not to avoid getting kicked out but just to be the better person.

Ron Bennet just posted in that long-assed thread, saying some of us may be reinstated. Even if I am, I doubt I'll use the alias yellowjacket anymore...

later,

YJ

p.s. Send your shipping information to [email protected] and I'll send a few posters to you free. I've still got a handful left in my apartment that were given to me. And if the BC Marijuana Party wants to order some, they can email [email protected] and get a 10% discount since they are a non-profit org. Prices for bulk orders can be found at www.cannabisgeography.com.

Also, I think Heads and CCulture may be reviewing the poster soon.

BellBottomBlues
07-15-2004, 03:48 AM
i'm also pissed about the banning of yellowjacket...he and i have had some arguments but i think he's a cool guy.

an nwa song comes to mind: fuck tha police...fuck tha police... :mad:

bbb

Libertarian Toker
07-15-2004, 04:09 AM
"Ron Bennet just posted in that long-assed thread, saying some of us may be reinstated. Even if I am, I doubt I'll use the alias yellowjacket anymore... "

It gets better forced, he agreed with you about chong. I thought that may be kind of a show of support for you. Whatever it was, it shut down that thread.

Toker

maladroit
07-15-2004, 07:18 AM
hey bbb...thx for the solace...don't feel sorry for me...after getting banned for typing "impeach george bush" too many times, i was the marketplace equivalent of a guy who goes to jail for the terrible crime of smoking pot...after returning to the MP, my ban was like the stigma of a criminal record...it held me to a different standard than the rest of the posters...i accepted that and thought that i was adhering to my parole conditions...after a second conviction, the parole conditions will be more stringent

if i knew *in advance* that yellowjacket and redi would get banned for publically standing up against these chickenshit charges, then i would have gladly offered to make a chickenshit apology just like tommy chong did to get out of his chickenshit charge...i don't mind taking shit for my opinions but i'm really heartbroken about what happened to those dudes...i imagine chong felt similarly responsible for his bong corporation and would do *anything* to protect innocent family even if it meant making a total asshole out of himself (which he did)

but now they are banned and there's nothing i can do...will i still make an apology? i think i must...injustice does not justify injustice...i should set the record straight

maladroit
07-15-2004, 07:19 AM
ron bennett agrees with me?

BAN HIS ASS!

*note to moderator: this is humour*

maladroit
07-15-2004, 07:35 AM
ok i read ron's posts

"One or more of the above folks may be reinstated at some point by the mods - it may help if the above suspended folks kept their posting activity to the Politics board, etc ... each message board here is somewhat different, including what is accepted and what isn't."

- i'm glad that mr bennett has an open mind about tommy chong...HOWEVER, we "may be reinstated at some point" doesn't sound encouraging...restricted access to the website doesn't sound encouraging either...i don't believe i am a marketplace criminal but i'm being treated like a marihemp criminal

Libertarian Toker
07-15-2004, 02:57 PM
I see it as a positive thing. You should too. I'm sure he is aware of the respect his words recieve. The fact that he said anything at all shows he is concerned with what happened to you guys. The fact that he supported you, on that thread, should mean something other then what your seeing. To me it means he thought you had been the victim of a biased abuse of power. In order to keep from abusing his own power in a biased way, he did it the way he did. He's to smart not to know what he was doing. I could be wrong, and his intentions were not how I see them, but I don't think I am.

Toker

Return of the redi
07-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Yeh, that's cool nowhereman, I'm not a trouble maker, but I can be my own worst enemy sometimes. I've been reinstated under a new name on the MH boards, Lenny Pane, have promised to drop the matter, and so far I've not been banned. I'll share my time between the two boards, as I like the MH politics board, and the people there.

Peace.

maladroit
07-15-2004, 08:15 PM
hey redi glad you got your posting priviledges back! what about yellowjacket???

hey yellowjacket since ccmag already has a cannabis geography poster i'm going to let my dollars do the talking and buy those posters...i also know the people who run the other pot cafes and a few of the head shops...i'm grateful for can-geog's respect for fair play and my hemp bean bags are stuffed with money thats just lying around...HAR!

yellowjacket
07-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi forced,

I posted this morning and my alias was banned but the post wasn't deleted as they had been in the past, maybe because it was a new thread?

I opened a new account a little later and responded to some posts, they haven't been deleted and that alias still exists. Maybe Sentry is doing some laundry or something?

About the posters, I'd have liked to have sent you some FOC. In fact, if I really do get reinstated, one of the first things I want to do is give some out to all the regulars - even Torog!

Later,

YJ

maladroit
07-16-2004, 02:18 AM
great! i'm glad they let you back on

sentry made another post clarifying the rules and thanking ron for his support...apparently, it is now the official policy of the marketplace board that no one is allowed to "argue"...*sigh*...it would be more clear if he put up the short list of marketplace regulars who aren't allowed to 'argue' but that has been made clear enough

defintion: argue

SYLLABICATION: ar·gue
PRONUNCIATION: ärgy
VERB: Inflected forms: ar·gued, ar·gu·ing, ar·gues
1. To put forth reasons for or against; debate: ??It is time to stop arguing tax-rate reductions and to enact them? (Paul Craig Roberts).
2. To attempt to prove by reasoning; maintain or contend: The speaker argued that more immigrants should be admitted to the country.
3. To give evidence of; indicate: ??Similarities cannot always be used to argue descent? (Isaac Asimov).
4. To persuade or influence (another), as by presenting reasons: argued the clerk into lowering the price.

maladroit
07-16-2004, 04:27 AM
wow...they reached my limit...i'm gone...enjoy yourselves at www.cannabis_fascist.com

" The next time you guys from Politics come down to this board to start trouble, then we may just have to come up there and start moderating YOUR board. Think about that."

- Syncro, MP Moderator

in the 1920's, hitler's SA goons adorned similar markings (brown shirts) and drove around in trucks to different political groups to forcefully disrupt their meetings in order to eliminate opposing political thought

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownshirts

Brownshirts:

Hitler himself founded the SA (Brownshirts) in 1921 in Munich. It originally functioned as a group of bodyguards to enforce order at Nazi gatherings.

Modern usage

Today, the term "Brown Shirts" has become part of every day langugage as a term to describe the extreme rank and file of right wing organizations. It can also mean an individual of a right wing organization who is seen as very narrow-minded and excessively loyal.

The term "Digital Brownshirts," coined by former Vice-President Al Gore, is often used to describe right wing weblogs that criticize a perceived liberal agenda in the mainstream media.

Return of the redi
07-16-2004, 04:11 PM
" The next time you guys from Politics come down to this board to start trouble, then we may just have to come up there and start moderating YOUR board. Think about that."

This proves that we at the 'politics' board are somehow deemed inferior troublemakers. If they started moderating the politics board, there wouldn't be anyone to moderate. I really can't see the politics people sticking around to be dictated to by humourless goits like sentry!
Numbers are already down since this kicked off!

Return of the redi
07-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Sentry says: "Trolling includes trying to waste the mods time by trying to make us justify everything that was or wasn't done before. We volunteer to do this, we can't speak for each other, and have very little time to spend chasing nits."

Yeh, fancy us 'nits' having the cheek to ask for a reason why our friends are being suspended. The Mods time is indeed very precious. Being nits, with nothing to do but scratch around all day, I dare say we don't appreciate this.
Remember! Ours is not to reason why.......

BellBottomBlues
07-16-2004, 09:07 PM
the cyber-brown shirts at marihemp's MP board are at it again... this time they've banned Libertarian Toker for questioning Sentry's motivations. how dare he!!! as we all know, being a mod automatically makes your soul clean and pure... i mean no disrespect to the mods here at cannabis dot com (Nowhereman, etc.), but your Marihemp counterparts are letting their power go to their heads!

the goose-stepping continues at the MP board. the "regulars" are still bitching about forced's "hate", and Libertarian Toker was shot down defending him. :mad: Zieg Fucking Heil!!!

Libertarian Toker, i am pissed pissed pissed about your suspension. i consider you a friend and i will not let this slide. if it results in my banning then so be it. stay strong and continue to fight the power. i've got your back.

bbb

BellBottomBlues
07-16-2004, 09:25 PM
i have just started an online petition for the reinstatement of Libertarian Toker at Marihemp Politics. sign it and stick up for our friend. let's make our voices heard, and show the powers that be that we are unafraid of their threats and taunts.

righteously indignant,

bbb
:mad:

Return of the redi
07-16-2004, 09:28 PM
Im not posting there. Not anymore. Fuck em. If you wanna see my views read 'Libetarian Toker'.

BellBottomBlues
07-16-2004, 09:48 PM
...but i feel differently. i'm going to continue to post at marihemp politics, if only because of some of the people there, like Lefty Toker, Torog, Lib. Toker(if he's reinstated)etc. i know Torog and Libertarian Toker post here, but i like LeftyToker/dana west too much to leave. i also am fond of pisshead, Astro, smallandstoned, yellojacket, ozone again, Number 7 and others, and i even like sara sometimes (when she's not off on a anti-Jew rant, that is).

i consider all the posters on marihemp politics to be my friends. so i will post at both places and maybe i'll make some new friends here.

besides, i'm too stubborn to give up without a fight. must be that Kentucky hillbilly blood runnin' through my veins. ;)

anyway, have a good one my friend.

bbb

Return of the redi
07-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Im not asking you to do anything BBB, don't get me wrong. I'm just ventin a little anger, that's all.

Libertarian Toker
07-18-2004, 04:30 PM
I don't know if this will mean much, but you guys have proven to be way cool.

Toker