PDA

View Full Version : Temp problems..

CANABIZNIS
11-11-2005, 04:08 AM
My tempurature in my closet is 90%.. :( i know this is to high but could this be why my leafs look "mutated"..

Zandor
11-11-2005, 04:16 AM
Yes

Low humidity will do that as well. What is your humidity?

You need to put an exhaust in there to remove the heat. Do you have a fan moving the air around? You should have it placed at the top of your canopy moving gently.

Just a few basics.

CANABIZNIS
11-11-2005, 04:42 AM
I have a good size fan blowing the hott air out of the closet lowerd almost below the light ..hummidity is 25 temp is 90..I think my problem is i need cool air blowing in, when i went to home depot the dude had no idea what i was talking about..i said i need somethin to blow cool air from outside in threw a tube...he said oh go to the heating and addic section..where i found 5 foot tall fans ...NOT gunna work and looking for something to circle around it with would be near impossible ...

indicloset
11-11-2005, 05:30 AM
In home depot, go to the ducting section for furnices, bathroom fans and such...once there, if you cant find them ask for the "evenair" fans that are made for moving heat from a furnice to rooms far away from the furnice that dont get much heat, say it goes right in the duct. You should see a few different models of the evenair brand fans. Get the one in the tube, the bigger, the more air it moves. In Mellow Man's "Homemade Cool Tube" thread or on the first page of my thread, he has a pic posted of the box, so you know what you are looking for, they are very small, easy to miss. Then just get all the ducting, mix and match ducting pieces until you have everything you need, then get the foil tape to put it all together. It should all be in one isle. HTH.

redeyed
11-17-2005, 04:39 AM
This is something I read in these post some time ago, I tried it and it worked for me. Take afew 2 liter bottles fill them with water and freeze them. Stick them in your closet with a fan blowing across them and see what happens. I would start with one bottle and increace from there. Hope this helps.
peace, redeyed

turtle420
11-17-2005, 04:58 AM
Cannabiz,

Get a fart fan (the ones used for bathroom ceilings and air (fart) extraction) and place it in your window... you need fresh air... your plants need fresh air. Even if your temp was @ 70F, if you have no fresh air, you're fucked.

I was having very similar problems to yours... my advice?

Keep playing with it!!! I swear dude... just change your fans here and there a little bit... change this angle, change that one... change the speeds... the direction(s)... just play with it!

My temps where @ 91 - 93F... and my fans were all blowing on HI. Lo and behold! When I turned all my fans down to LOW the temps went down to 87 - 88F... !!!!!! Just play with it!

Best to you,

-turtle420 :cool:

BkSkillz
11-17-2005, 06:02 AM
damn turtle 87-88F...is still 10 deggrees away from where u wanna be i have 5 sproutings out ontop of my stereo by the ventalation in my apt. with the boiler set at 70 deggrees lights and reflectors and there doing great ombiant right above the plants is at a stedy 78 to 79 with the now and then opening of my window hopefully i'll have pics up soon

turtle420
11-17-2005, 07:28 AM
damn turtle 87-88F...is still 10 deggrees away from where u wanna be i have 5 sproutings out ontop of my stereo by the ventalation in my apt. with the boiler set at 70 deggrees lights and reflectors and there doing great ombiant right above the plants is at a stedy 78 to 79 with the now and then opening of my window hopefully i'll have pics up soon

I know... but an a/c unit is out of the question...

Not because of money, but because of 'enough'. Too much money already. I'll do this grow (@ 90F) and for the next one (after some $ rolls in) I'll buy a 5,000 BTU a/c unit ($70), plus a CO2 controller ($1,000 the one I like), dehumidifier, CO2 regulator, good fans, etc....

For the time being, my girls are just going to have to make do with the temps. No IFs, ANDs or BUTs.... :(

kongo
11-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Good idea Redeye i did the same,with good results.I had no extraction.Jus had fans openeng the window from time 2 time.

Zandor
11-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Well everyone has gives some good advice I hope you have your problem solved.

Your humidity is a little low, during vegetation cycle the plant will thrive on a humidity as high as 70-80% and lower it down 10% a week after your first week of flower. You should end up around 35-40% humidity at harvest.

CANABIZNIS
11-18-2005, 01:00 AM
I managed to get the temp down to low 80's by actully putting the fans on a lower speed hah..the humidity is 23% still thow ..=\

redeyed
11-19-2005, 07:00 AM
As for your humidity problem try just putting a big pot of water in your closet and let it evaporate. I have a pretty low tech setup and have used this methode with success and have grow some pretty good stuff many times over. Give it a shot, can't get any worse right.
peace, redeyed

CANABIZNIS
11-19-2005, 07:52 AM
As for your humidity problem try just putting a big pot of water in your closet and let it evaporate. I have a pretty low tech setup and have used this methode with success and have grow some pretty good stuff many times over. Give it a shot, can't get any worse right.
peace, redeyed

hmm interesting ill have to try that ...never hurd of it before, a big pot like a dog bowl maybe? lol

redeyed
11-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Ya man, anything that holds a good amount of water. It worked for me. I forgot to say that I also had a small fan on low blowing over the pot of water.
peace, redeyed