PDA

View Full Version : Gonna start growin' me a crop soon, need some advice..

wes dawg
11-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Ok guys let me start off by telling you that I know nothing on growing plants, let alone cannabis. I'll be moving house shortly, and when I do I'm gonna grow some plants in my bedroom. One of my friends is a carpenter, so me and him are going to build a massive desk going accross one of the walls, the desk will have sliding doors on the front, so they can be easily hidden,etc.

I'm only 17, and am saving up for a car and stuff, so I don't have much of a budget in place, so I'll need all the cheapest stuff I can get. Like I said earlier, I know absolutly nothing on growing cannabis, but here's what I have in mind anyway...

I'll have lights in the cabinet, but I need to know which ones I'll need - and how much they'll cost. Someone told me that having tinfoil along the walls of the cabinet will help spread the light, this sounds like a reasonable idea to me.

So anyway, do you guys have any information for me, I'm a total newbie when it comes to growing and would really like to grow a stash so that I don't have to go through dealers as much. Any guides and stuff would be much appreciated.

PS, How badly do you rekon a few plants would stink out my room? The smell wont bother me too much anyway, I mean my room stinks of weed cuz I'm always smoking it in here anyway.

thanks for any tips 'n shit!

Garden Knowm
11-11-2005, 08:34 AM
Hi wes...
growing is fun.. you are going to be so stoked when you see your ladies BUDDING!!

you really should go to a book store and flip through a few books...
there are some really good ones that will give you the basics and more..

if you are first time grower.. you should seriously consider cfls(compact fluorescent lights). very simple and cheap.. they don' produce a lot of heat. This keeps the grow simple... but you won't get much bud... but for your first grow they are fine...

yes your room will stink..

you need
soil, perlite, ph test kit (simple and cheap, don't stress), light, container, fan

happy growing...

wait, your 17.. ? is that legal to grow?

turtle420
11-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Hey wes...

Check it out... what do you say, if you hold your car for another year?

Then you're going to get a much better car, after you grow your weed.

Look, grow now, and use some money for your grow (MH bulb for vegetative growth, HPS bulb for flowering)... Once you do the 1st crop, sell some of it... you'll get your money back, plus more. If you do another crop, again, sell some of the stuff... if you do this, you'll end up with a more pimpin' car, your home-grown weed, plus more cash in your pockets. :)

Garden Knowm
11-12-2005, 04:26 AM
Hey wes...

Check it out... what do you say, if you hold your car for another year?

Then you're going to get a much better car, after you grow your weed.

Look, grow now, and use some money for your grow (MH bulb for vegetative growth, HPS bulb for flowering)... Once you do the 1st crop, sell some of it... you'll get your money back, plus more. If you do another crop, again, sell some of the stuff... if you do this, you'll end up with a more pimpin' car, your home-grown weed, plus more cash in your pockets. :)

who are you, his accountant?
: )

BkSkillz
11-12-2005, 06:03 AM
hey wes dog best sugjestions i can make for u is to start reading as much as possible and make alil notebook an keep everything u think might b useful in ur grow ph scales lighting cycles charectoristics of vegitative growth and flowering blooming germanation the basics thats what ive done next start reading up on ideal conditions for tomatoes to grow then take it one step at a time and jus learn from experience...goodluck good grow

wes dawg
11-12-2005, 07:00 PM
lol, I would spend more but I reallly need to get a car, I HATE public transport with a passion. lol