PDA

View Full Version : Pls help me - re-poting

sane cheese
11-06-2005, 09:53 PM
my mate (with no knowledge of growing) got a clear plastic bag, put some compost in the bottom and chucked in a seed, now the plant is just under 2 inches tall and is in soil about 1 inch deep, still in the plastic bag, shall i repot it or not? also if i do, do i try to keep some soil around the plant (the soil in realy loose around the plant) or shall i just take the plant out and replant it in a proper pot?? pls help, any suggestions at all will realy help and be appreciated! thanx, :rasta:

Garden Knowm
11-07-2005, 01:58 AM
you want to try to keep the sprout with the dirt around it... can you water the plant in the bag and let the dirt clump around the seedling and then gently transplat it into a regular pot..bringing the dirt with it

try to get a 3-5 gallon pot. that way you wont have to transplant again.

a baby plant like that can not handle much trama and they often go into shock (whatever that means) when the dirt is pulled away from the tap root..... for some reason baby plants in dirt don't have the resilience of clones in rockwool..

good luck

sane cheese
11-07-2005, 06:49 PM
i have re-potted her now into a pot, and she is looking good (touch wood). im now gonna stick her under my light and try to take a photo and post it up here, to see wot u think! cheers :rasta: