PDA

View Full Version : CO2 question

purpledrummer1
11-04-2005, 06:42 PM
I've been reading up on co2 supplementation and was wondering if it was worth doing. I'll be switching to 12/12 this coming Sunday. Upon further research I read that pumping up the CO2 during the flowering process drained the potency. Any advice would be helpful.

Here are a few particulars of my set up

Growing: Master Kush
Qty: 5 plants
Lighting: 600w HPS
Medium: Soil
I nute every 2 weeks
PH: 6.5-7.0

This is my first grow I'm rather sussed about it. They look super healthy.

I know you'll probably want pics. No problem,,,it's just that right now I can't be bothered. I'll submit a few pics to this thread tomorrow.

-be at peace
-k

turtle420
11-04-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm not sure, but I really doubt that CO2 will 'decrease' potency of the buds.

I would be inclined to think that either it 'increases' the "potency" of the buds, or it enables more vigor for the plant itself to "increase" the potency of its buds.

I think it can reduce flowering times by half (I think!)... and it's also very good for vegetative growth.

Wait for Zandor's input... he's into CO2.

BTW: Dude, CO2 will kill you... and everyone in your house if not treated with respect .... you can have no leaks... no semi-sealed grow room... I guess you know this... but just in case...

Please let us know what you're doing and how it's going... I'm very interested in using CO2 myself when the times comes around.

Best,

-turtle420 :cool:

purpledrummer1
11-05-2005, 06:40 AM
I'm not sure, but I really doubt that CO2 will 'decrease' potency of the buds.

I would be inclined to think that either it 'increases' the "potency" of the buds, or it enables more vigor for the plant itself to "increase" the potency of its buds.

I think it can reduce flowering times by half (I think!)... and it's also very good for vegetative growth.

Wait for Zandor's input... he's into CO2.

BTW: Dude, CO2 will kill you... and everyone in your house if not treated with respect .... you can have no leaks... no semi-sealed grow room... I guess you know this... but just in case...

Please let us know what you're doing and how it's going... I'm very interested in using CO2 myself when the times comes around.

Best,

-turtle420 :cool:
Thanks for the reply. Very useful stuff. It seems to contradict what I've researched. But that's been just one source. Can't believe everything you read, I guess.

I was going to use a natural method,,,yeast. The mixture will be in a litre bottle. Do you think that might output a lethal amount?

Sidenote: I read about the yeast thing on the net as well. So maybe that's bullocks too.

;-)
Kristen

Zandor
11-05-2005, 04:35 PM
CO² will increase your yield by 20% or more. CO² will not kill your plants they love it, it can kill you but the amount is very high. The method you are talking about using I do not believe can produce enough to harm you.

The problem with using your method is you can't regulate. Sometime it could be just right amount and other times the level could be above the point the plant can't process the extra amount fast enough so it just goes to waste.

CO² will cut your over all grow time as well by several weeks.

Fugitive
11-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Zandor , do you think the yeast in a litre bottle method could be used with CFL or do you need a HPS of some sort , thanks.

purpledrummer1
11-06-2005, 09:23 AM
CO² will increase your yield by 20% or more. CO² will not kill your plants they love it, it can kill you but the amount is very high. The method you are talking about using I do not believe can produce enough to harm you.

The problem with using your method is you can't regulate. Sometime it could be just right amount and other times the level could be above the point the plant can't process the extra amount fast enough so it just goes to waste.

CO² will cut your over all grow time as well by several weeks.
Thanks Zandor. Very very helpful. I think I'm gonna give it a go.

;-)
-kristen

Zandor
11-06-2005, 03:59 PM
Zandor , do you think the yeast in a litre bottle method could be used with CFL or do you need a HPS of some sort , thanks.
NO CFL do not produce enough light for the plant to process the extra amount of CO² you are trying to give it.

Sorry :(