PDA

View Full Version : Few beginner questions.

Chainsaw1234
07-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Hi .... im thinking of trying cannabis but i have a few questions to ask first..

What is that little brown thing i have seen people smoking from its quite dark and its like a brown little tube? is it just paper because it dosent look like a pipe.

What strenghts of cannabis is there ? because i read that sum are strong like skunk , so i thought that weed must be a different strengh to say pot, but a guy said its just different names so im confused.

How much will it take for me to get stoned? (note: i have never had it before) also how much about SHOULD it cost me?

sawleaf
07-07-2004, 07:36 PM
Sounds like you are talking about a blunt. That's a hollowed out cigarwrap that is filled with cannabis. There are many different types of cannabis and there are many different types of highs as well. All types of highs will mellow you out, but the degree varries. The high can be mostly in your head or mostly in your body, but most are a mix. There are two main types of cannabis plants, indica and sativa, but most cannabis is a hybrid of the two types. bud with seeds and lack of scent is usually what people call schwagg and it is very low grade, you can get mid grade, with some seeds, but usually seedless cannabis is the strongest. You can pick up a gram oh good kindbud for no more than 20 bucks, but you will not want to smoke even close to the whole thing. Just break off a little piece and smoke that first and see how you feel. You can check out sights like www.overgrow.com or www.thecannabible.com to get a little more information than a few people can type out for you. It's great that you want to research something for the real facts before trying it. Good luck and don't overdo it your first few times. :)

sawleaf
07-07-2004, 07:45 PM
Oh and they are not just different names. There are literally thousands of different hybrid strains of cannabis, each has it's own different look, flavor, and high to experience. But in general a higher Indica strain will usually give you a more body, narcotic type high, where as a higher Sativa variety will give you a more head type uplifting high. This is just a rough explanation, it will take some time to distinguish between them, with you being new to it. A lot of people don't even realize that there are different types of highs in the first place.

Chainsaw1234
07-07-2004, 09:14 PM
Ahh thanks m8.. i just wondered

is there any difference in smoking cannabis in a joint or a blunt?

also

What strenght is " Weed " ? (mid grade etc)

sawleaf
07-07-2004, 10:55 PM
Yeah I do find that there is a difference in weed smoked from a joint and from a blunt. With the blunt you are also smoking some tobacco, if you smoke tobacco already this may not be a big issue, but I don't like how it makes the bud taste at all. Joints are a lot cleaner, but nothing beats the taste of bud smoked out of a glass pipe. Now with strengths, I cannot say. There are too many factors involved in growing quality cannabis and too many strains with their own different potentcies. Midgrade could be anything really, but it usually has seeds which makes me think that it is a grower's sinsemillia crop gone bad. If you are worried about how strong it is, just start out slow. Smoke a little bit, and wait like 10-15 minutes, if you want to get higher, then smoke more. Some cannabis does have a tolerance limit, where you can reach a peak high, others don't and you can smoke until you are as high as you want. :)

Chainsaw1234
07-08-2004, 07:16 AM
Ok im going to try it very soon...i just hope i stop at the right point. cheers ;)

w12ecked
07-08-2004, 09:05 AM
chainsaw were are you from if your from the uk ive tried the local weed here in scotland its not very good but seen as its your first time it would be ok in my opinion the soap gave a stronger chemical buzz than the weed high thoough if u lived in like canada u might want to only do a little bit of that bud as the stuff i tried was amazing 1 small pipe and your away though remember to inhale it as you dont want to be disapointed and think that weed is shit just take deep breaths and make sure that you hold it in for a bit

w12ecked
07-08-2004, 09:09 AM
i think he was asking if weed is midgrade not saying if it is .well weed and pot and grass etc. are just names for cannabis not the actual strains and so you cannot judge the quality just by saying its weed

Chainsaw1234
07-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Another question here :p

Is the feeling of being drunk and stoned the same?

LeLe420
07-11-2004, 04:51 PM
the feeling of being drunk is very different from the feeling of being high. i think anyways. getting drunk is usually for me feeling full of energy and careless. or maybe reckless is the word i should use.
when i am high i feel clearer in my thoughts and mello. i feel relaxed and calm.

magneslee
07-11-2004, 06:01 PM
geting stonned is soooooo much better then being drunk but you have to see for your self there

marinesf22
07-11-2004, 07:25 PM
geting stonned is soooooo much better then being drunk but you have to see for your self there

amen to that

MRB041
07-12-2004, 12:00 AM
No sickness, no hangovers....niiice

Chainsaw1234
07-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Yeh but with cannabis i heard when your stoned you dont feel very keen and just sit down, so i wudent be able to go out or anything, unlike with alcohol where u can go out and do stuff.

Chainsaw1234
07-12-2004, 03:34 PM
also why do people go on about alcohol making you mad and cannabis not. I mean its not like everybody that drinks alcohol has a fight is it?

sawleaf
07-12-2004, 03:49 PM
Yeh but with cannabis i heard when your stoned you dont feel very keen and just sit down, so i wudent be able to go out or anything, unlike with alcohol where u can go out and do stuff.

That all depends on the type of cannabis you use. Some cannabis, can give you a very social, motivational, energetic high, where you could definately go out and do things. It doesn't impare your judgement at all like alcohol, and even though a lot of people don't fight when drunk, most are not themselves and are very anoying. :)

Chainsaw1234
07-12-2004, 04:24 PM
ok i think this is the last question.... at this place here i spoke to this guy who says that they measure the amount in sumthing called "bits" so like 10bit (£10) 20bit (£20) so on. So im little confused on how much to get and how much to smoke , please help?

sawleaf
07-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Hmm, I don't know what a bit is, but in the US we usually go by a single gram for the smallest, and 1/4, 1/2, and full ounces also. If it is your first time, I'd just buy the smallest amount for the least price. Should still probably be around a gram I am guessing, and that is plenty to get you started. :)

lost one
07-12-2004, 06:15 PM
chainsaw1234 this is all i know (its not much though :p ). i'v been drunk and i'v been stoned, being stoned is much better for several reasons:
1. you don't have a hangover (unless u smoke some seeds then u get a killer headach)
2. well i can't think of any others (i'm a little high rite now) but i'm sure there are some.
but for your first time smoking you might not feel anything, thats, fromwhat i'v heard, normal. most of your questions have been answered already so i'm just gonna give u some gerneral advice. have fun with weed it's a helluva lot better than alcohol and it won't mess u up as bad as some other drugs can.

screamingskull
07-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Dont quote me on this but im pretty sure in Britain a 10'bit' is same as a 10 bag which means it costs £10, its bit smaller than an eigth, 20 bit = about an eigth/just over, 40= quarter, of course this depends on your dealer and the season but this is how i know it.

Chainsaw1234
07-12-2004, 07:24 PM
o ok thanks skull, so i guess i shud buy a " 10 bit " then ( just under 1/8 ) but if i shud have a gram i woudent be smoking even near to all of it for my first time rite?

Chainsaw1234
07-12-2004, 07:44 PM
opps bit of mistake, 10 bit must be around a gram looked on this site says a gram is about £11 over here. ok well ill take abit of it and see what its like :D