PDA

View Full Version : too much stress

Tetrahydra
07-07-2004, 04:14 PM
I am wondering if I have caused my babies too much stress now that I am reading alot more. I have topped them more than once, more like 1 to 5 times. Is this a big deal? also besides the point that I burnt them pretty bad with fert. Anyways what do you guys think?

sawleaf
07-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Ouch, does sound like you have to me. When they are flowering double check for hermaphrodites! I've heard that stress can increase the number of males, but I think this is wrong, becasue I've also heard that the plants are already male and female in genetics when they sprout. But I'm not sure that this information is accurate. :)

Tetrahydra
07-07-2004, 05:15 PM
thanx bud, I'll definetely watch,now that I know, do you think that with the way I topped and burned them I would be able to flower them now? Or how long should I wait?

sawleaf
07-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Yeah you can flower them, but I'd at least try and make sure they are doing okay before you do. My first plant was put to all the stress tests, from leaf burning, to over watering, and overfertilizing, but it recovered and flowered fine. But it turned out to be a male.

Tetrahydra
07-07-2004, 05:30 PM
kool kool I appreciate the feedback,thanx

sawleaf
07-07-2004, 05:36 PM
No worries! Good luck! :)