PDA

View Full Version : new grower

mrabrego
11-02-2005, 04:39 AM
hello, this is my first grow from bagseed, i'm using at the moment a 30w compact fluourescent. Its a 5000k bulb that supposedly emits 150w of light. I started 3 of the seeds in the water bottles that i have in there, they have a bunch of holes poked in the bottom. the little plant was transplanted from another pot, so its growth slowed down a bit. one of my plants has grown big and fast, and my medium plants slowed down when i poured water in them and the roots shifted, one benefit of this was that the growth node split in both plants, as you can see, i'm using a screen, so to train my big plant, these babys are about a month and a few days. I painted the inside of the box with aluminized roof paint and i used aluminum ducting tape for the glass door.

stickygreenlightsabr
11-02-2005, 02:40 PM
They look good for only one small bulb. Is that where the bulb stays?

If so, you should get better results from lowering the light and adding a makeshift reflector (or more of those bulbs :))

YELRAM
11-02-2005, 08:58 PM
thats awsome for first time good job :) i wish i had a spot to grow like that

peace~

mrabrego
11-03-2005, 04:15 AM
this project is still a work in progress, heres some more info: I started 4 of the seeds in the soilless mix some in the makeshift pots and 2 in another pot. I had the 4 makeshift pots just sitting in a three gallon bucket with just plain tap water, and the other 2 were in the soilless mix in a regular plant pot. i decided to get a little more serious with the grow so went down to local dollar store and get a storage tub, and i got the screen at the goodwill. I already had the stereo cabinet and i done some duct work on my house, so i had leftover tape, I purchased the aluminized paint at walmart. I got the light and air pump off of ebay. After i put the system together and transplanted the 2 potted plants,the seeds had taken off by now, i started them on superthrive. after 3 days i purchased some maxigrow and started them with some fresh superthrive water, with some weak nutes. I let one week go by, then i changed the water, I kept the same amount of superthrive and upped the nutes to about 1/4 strength. about week 3, i got a little lazy and just poured superthrive water and and some leftover nute water from the previous week. It seemed to slow down the progress a bit, but not enough, to ruin the project. oh, of the 6 seeds that were planted only 4 made it, 3 that were planted in the makeshift net pots and 1 from the quart plant pot. week four i changed the water, still sticking with the superthrive, and upping the nutes to 1/3 strength. I'm astounded and amazed at what i've managed to accomplish so far. I credit my success from reading everything i can off the net and being patient.

mrabrego
11-12-2005, 02:20 AM
here are some new pics, i've upped the maxigro nutes to 1/2 strength, and i've added some supernova plant additive and i'm still using the superthrive as well. I'm going to start flowering the plants with high phosphorous bat guano and a 55w 2700k spiral top fluorescent. Oh, i've also tied the plants down and done some pruning, I accidently snapped the top off my big plant when i did this. so i soaked it in some superthrive and stuck it in another makeshift pot.

stickygreenlightsabr
11-12-2005, 03:34 AM
I accidently snapped the top off my big plant when i did this. so i soaked it in some superthrive and stuck it in another makeshift pot.

You need rooting hormones when cloning, superthrive won't do the same thing.

mrabrego
11-15-2005, 05:12 AM
I put a piece of carpet in the front of the cab to help keep light in/out, plus i sprayed it with a pet stain deoderizer, its really helped with the smell.

mrabrego
11-22-2005, 11:17 PM
here are some new pics, a few days ago i discovered the light had fallen on one of the plants, it completely took it out of the pot, the roots were ripped off the stalk, I just stuck it back in the pot and figured if i lived, fine, if it didnt, oh well. It seems to be bouncing back, so thats a good thing. The top that i had broken off another plant, seems to be doing well also. The plant that was previously the runt, has passed the others in height, of course it wasnt trained or tied like the others. I like the aluminized paint, it seems to be a good combination with the fluorescent light

mrabrego
11-23-2005, 02:33 AM
here are some more photos, i definitely need a better camera

turtle420
11-23-2005, 12:16 PM
mrabrego,

I'm in a hurry... but I'd like to tell you that I find your grow-log most interesting.

Keep it up dude!

BTW: Why did you remove the screen? No longer going to use it?

mrabrego
11-26-2005, 04:36 AM
just came back from thanksgiving vacation, discovered one of my plants is a male, no doubt about it, here are a few pics

mrabrego
11-26-2005, 06:56 AM
i took some pics of the root cluster, the entire pot was filled with roots, this only shows a portion of them, this dude emmitted a strong pine scent. Judging by the fan leaf development, i can see what kind of light penetration i'm getting. I prune the lower leaves on my plants. Oh well, this one met its fate in the garbage disposal.

Oh and turtle 420, i took off the screen because i didnt like the half ass way i had set it up. hopefully I'll get some power tools this christmas so i can really fix up the growbox

mrabrego
11-28-2005, 04:00 AM
I was able to borrow a jigsaw so i cut a hole in the top of the cab and i bolted my light fixture to it. The plants are starting to bud, there are white hairs developing all over by the hour, I'm stoked

Easy Roller
11-28-2005, 05:19 PM
Quite an achievement considering the bootleg conditions ...i'll be interested to see what u can yeild from these little fighters. Did your clone take root...without the use of rooting hormone? ...most unorthodox !

mrabrego
12-02-2005, 04:11 AM
I am now down to two plants, another plant turned out to be a male. Here are some new pics, the one on the left was trained, tied, and topped(accidently). The plant on the right was grown without any restrictions, it was a bit runty at first. I was a little aggressive with my pruning on it, put it seems to be developing white hairs normally. I've learned that its good to change the water every 5 to 7 days, I'm still using maxigro nutes at 1/2 strengh, and high phosphorous bat guano as a top dressing.

mrabrego
12-02-2005, 04:20 AM
Thanks Easy Roller, your words, summed up my grow. It makes a great signature. Heres some more pics.

tommyromano
12-08-2005, 04:07 AM
hi my name is tommy and i just started growing im 14 and i like in toronto
anywho

i have a plant in my closet my perants are to fob to no what it is i just told them that its a plant that i wanna c if it will grow. so im growing this thing now i have one pot not to nig ang not to small maybe dubull the size of a bottle of pepsi (not the 2 lt.) and i have about 8 seeds in there and i did that whole germanation trhing i was wondering if u guys could answer some of my question like should i use another pot because a plant with 8 seeds not that smart right? and what about the smell in a few months my whole house is gonna smell like otto's jacket (weed) i was wondering how i can get rid of the smell not completly but not make the whole house smell my perants arent that dumb they will no if theres lots of smell
and im useing a lol a fish tank bulb flouresent, and a normal spiral flouresnt 13 watt. i no thats to little so can u guys name some types of bulbs for me to buy but i cant buy stuff like 50000000 watts and shit my perants will no, im saying something withing the price range of 10 bucks or so

THX
Tommy,

mrabrego
12-08-2005, 04:45 AM
try the search forums, this is a grow log, happy holidays

tommyromano
12-08-2005, 08:59 PM
i have a question so can u answer it

mrabrego
12-10-2005, 03:47 AM
Here are some new photos, i added an 18" tube fluorescent to my box. It doesnt quite fit across very well, but it adds lumens and warmth to my plants, its been cold around these parts lately. I found a bigger reflector for my bulb as well, fluorescents need plenty of reflection from what i can tell.

mrabrego
12-17-2005, 05:06 AM
hello folks and welcome to this weeks edition of friday fotos. I took four of these pics with just the 15 watt cool white tube fluorescent and one of em i took with the 55 watt 2700k spiral top.

mrabrego
12-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Hello and welcome to this weeks edition of Friday Fotos. Just a few pics to show the progress of my little ladies.

mrabrego
12-28-2005, 05:24 AM
heres some pics of my accidental clone, plus a bonus bud pic.

mrabrego
12-31-2005, 02:51 AM
Hello fellow hobbyists? :rasta: Heres the weekly budcast and its looking tasty, i've recently aquired two air purifying 2700k 23w lights. It wont help with the smell, but it certainly adds extra lumens for my ladies. :thumbsup:

harmonicminor
12-31-2005, 02:59 AM
nice job man I see you will have some goodies soon :-)

mrabrego
01-06-2006, 03:54 AM
Heres some things i've been working on for future grows, plus a progress photo of my clone. :smokin:

mrabrego
01-07-2006, 03:52 AM
Heres this weeks fotos of my little ladies, If only i had my current light setup when i started flowering. I've recently had a vision of a digital hps, just need a reality of money. Alot of the leaves on the multi top have died and fallen off. It seems to be swelling nicely. I understand what a calyx is now. :cool:

Trichome Creator
01-07-2006, 03:56 AM
I see your using fluros. They will suffice but don't expect a large final yield. You know everyones all over those new digital ballast's. If you read around they are having major issues at the moment. I still stand behind the Magnetic Ballast's for the time being. Look up a Hydrofarm Powerhouse Ballast. Those things are about the best you can buy for now.

mrabrego
01-08-2006, 03:07 AM
heres my first harvest, i still have two more plants to harvest, but they are a couple of weeks away. its pretty much what i expected since i used the fluoros.

SeAgul
01-11-2006, 01:51 AM
you should be damn proud, you got lucky, under that few amount of watts you got a very very nice plant..plants haha, i run 90w a plant and my buds dont look that tasty lol! anyway.. im sure with more wattage you can cut down your veg time alot. Slap some more 30w CFL's or 45w's aim towards.. 150-200w for 2-3 plants in that cab

mrabrego
01-14-2006, 04:04 AM
Heres this weeks pics of my last little ladies. Since i've only got two plants left, I placed the air wand directly under the makeshift pots, the girls have really responded to that. I believe my last plant suffered from poor nutrient uptake, due to the roots being confined to the little pots. It also suffered from insufficient light. I did poke a bunch of holes in the bottom of the pots to allow for water and nutrient uptake, but not many roots grew out of them, they instead completely filled the pot. Since i put the air wand under the clone, it has shown some pretty healthy looking roots poking out of the bottom of its pot. The extra lights have definitely helped with the lumens as well. These two plants have shown significantly better development compared to the first plant, at this stage of flowering. The clone has stopped stretching and is budding nicely. It has also given me an idea how a sog method would work. This is has been a great learning experience for my first grow. I appreciate all the feedback and advice from the masses.

turtle420
01-14-2006, 06:29 AM
Dude... looking great!!! Really really great! More pics, if possible... I salivating over them... :)

mrabrego
01-18-2006, 02:33 AM
For whatever its worth, the dimensions of my grow box are 29.5" x 14" x 18.5" of usuable space. My "big" plant is about 21" and my clone is about 7.5". My best guess I started flowering my plants when they were between 8 and 10 inches and the clone at 3". I believe I harvested my first plant a week early. Its still a great "up" high though. The development of my remaining plants has surpassed the first plant by far, the calyx development is astounding to say the least. The swelling it has shown since the pics i took on friday is much more pronounced today, just hope they're not seeds, hehehe. I'll be posting pics on friday.

mrabrego
01-21-2006, 04:54 AM
:rasta: Heres this weeks pics of my smelly tomatos, the first 3 are of my "big" plant, and the last 2 are of the clone. The clone is the top of the first plant I harvested. :smokin:

Da1KrayzieThug
01-21-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm curious to see your yield. I believe the superthrive was to thank for most of this. I dunno. I could be wrong but if I had done a grow like that without superthrive they all probably would have died. Very nice though. I was honestly impressed.

mrabrego
01-23-2006, 05:27 AM
I decided to harvest my taller plant due to obvious reasons. It still has a fair amount of bud and is very sticky, super piney smelling. Much more so than the first harvest.

mrabrego
01-28-2006, 01:42 AM
Alrighty folks, heres some pics of my last tomato, plus a look to the future. I'm really anxious to get going with my next grow, but i want to have my setup completed, I just may crank up the ole grobox to find me some mothers while i prepare the dual chamber box.

mrabrego
01-28-2006, 01:45 AM
I'm unable to upload pics, sorry.

mrabrego
01-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Alright, here they are

BkSkillz
01-29-2006, 09:43 AM
loken real good!

mrabrego
02-11-2006, 04:59 AM
I've harvested my last tomato, and its ripening nicely. Heres some pics of my next grow box. One side is for tomato clones and one side for chili mothers or seedlings. The dimensions are 18" X 15" X 39". for the tomatos and 18" X 15" X 24" for chilis. I'm gonna try to make it as efficient as possible. I've estimated that a 250 or 270 watt hps would be sufficient for the tomatos and an array of cfls for the chilis. I've been working on a fart fan scrubber setup, and some computer fans for ventilation and circulation. I dont expect to finish it anytime soon, but i dont want to rush it either. Its a small step towards self sufficiency.

mrabrego
02-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Heres my version of the carbon scrubber setup. It still needs some more activated carbon, but i'm not ready to start growing anytime soon, I plan on making another one, so i can have a backup ready to change out. I have a 70cfm fart fan hopefully that'll be enough to push the air.

mrabrego
03-07-2006, 04:37 AM
Hello to all, just an update for the masses, and since turtle is on vacation, i thought i'd throw my superthrive in the mix. I've been slowly putting together a new box. I was close to completion, when i ran into a little problem. The relector and socket setup were three inches too long, so I had to compromise my fart fan. I've got some computer fans and a universal voltage adapter that I'm going to put together for the meantime. I still need to seal and paint and cover the walls with some reflective material..........

So in the meantime I decided to crank up my frankenbox sans the bubbler. I got some pots at goodwill, and soil from the dollar store, the water is straight from tap. The beans were free.

mrabrego
03-10-2006, 03:36 AM
Heres an update for the masses, i've managed to get back on track with my project. I built a recessed fixture for the fan, as well as removing the reflector from the bracket and mounting it directly to the box. I mounted the mogul socket to the box as well and yes i'm sticking with the fluorescents. I will be adding some more lights for some side lighting, just dont know what kind yet. t5 or t8, or just add another big ass fluorescent on top mounted side by side. Either way, this is all intended for shits and giggles, I in no way condone the growing or use of illegal substances. Hopefully someone out there, in a place where such things are legal, can benefit from these grow logs. :stoned:

One more thing, the light is not as close to the fan as it looks, theres al least 2" clearence between them. Have fun, and be safe.

mrabrego
03-11-2006, 06:50 AM
Just a quick update, heres some pics. the light is a 15w t8 fluorescent, its the only one that wouldnt completely blind my camera. The reflective material is an emergency blanket that i got at wal mart. I used elmers all purpose glue and my trusty aluminum tape to adhere it to the walls. I still need to fill in some gaps here and there, but the big work is done. Good night and good luck.

mrabrego
03-17-2006, 05:53 AM
out of the five beans i've planted only three have sprung up. one of them stretched really fast and fell over, I almost pulled it, but i decided to prop it up and give it a chance. The first one is the best looking one so far, it hasnt stretched much and seems sturdy. the second one grew at an angle and seems to be growing sturdy as well. the third was the stretcher, the cotelydon leaves have yellowed and shrunk, and the first set of leaves have crispy ends, but it seems to be pulling away from the the little grill i propped it on. I've only givem them some superthrive water and added another bulb to my veg setup. I'm running 1 30w 5000k cfl and 1 23w 2700k cfl. I just added the 23w yesterday and the beans have responded with some widening of the fan leaves with the second set coming on fast. On my previous grow i vegged only with the 30w and the beans loved it. Adding the 23w gives em some more spectrum to work with. btw, the new cabinet is almost done, just want it to be really done so i dont have to mod it to much during the grow. one more thing i did my best to draw free hand on the first 2 pics, the 3rd pic i used the paint tools.:smokin:

sheist
03-17-2006, 05:16 PM
how much did u get off the 3 plants and the clone total? individually?

the image reaper
03-17-2006, 08:06 PM
I would recommend painting your booth flat white, your next crop will like it better than the aluminum paint ... you mentioned your ionizer lights aren't helping with the smell ?? ... I was thinking about trying a couple of those deodorizing lights ... very nice bud results you got there, by the way .. :smokin:

karmaxul
03-18-2006, 12:30 AM
You mean deodorizing lights create nanometers under 200 which inturn creates ozone? which is poisonous. Just a heads up

One love
c

mrabrego
03-18-2006, 12:46 AM
my best guess for yield, was about 15 - 20 grams total. I know its not alot, but the grow was about learning.

as for the lights, I guess they just work at purifying the air than removing odors, but the beans love the 2700k spectrum, and thats all i need from them now.

the new cabinet is almost ready, just need to plug up some minute light leaks here and there to really stealth it out. right now i have 210 watts of fluorescents in it. oh, i need to set up a little mount for my screen also.

I'll post pics later.

mrabrego
03-18-2006, 05:39 AM
heres a few pics of my almost completed "new" storage box. i scrapped the fart fan cause i didnt like or trust it to run for long hours, but i kept the housing intact and fit a computer fan with a multi voltage adapter to it. It (the fan) is very quiet even when its running at 12v. I plan on changing the cool white tubes to 5000k tubes soon and i'll problaly add another set on the botton of the box and have them pointed up. I've notice that the beans arent too fond of cool whites, they seem to loathe it

btw, when i had made my last post i hadnt checked on the beans, well, the one that i had to prop up is standing straight up on its own and is developing its second set of leaves quickly, the other two are showing signs of developing their third set.

turtle420
03-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Looks good!

As to fart fans... I don't know their exact specs, but some of my fart fans run 18/6... maybe a little bit more... if they fail, what the fuck... it's just a $15 replacement...

mrabrego
03-25-2006, 05:01 AM
I honestly dont know how it happened, but i opened my cabinet today, and lo and behold, there was all these plants. heres what they looked like.:D

turtle420
03-25-2006, 05:27 AM
I honestly dont know how it happened, but i opened my cabinet today, and lo and behold, there was all these plants. heres what they looked like.:D
Wow dude... be carefull, or before you know it, shitloads of buds will pop-in to your garden!

mrabrego
03-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Allright, I've decided that I do not like all the wires in my box, and i will not continue with the side fluoros, I will also be installing an 150w medium base hps to run with my 125w red fluoro, Its the best solution i have for heat and lumens. Since I still have plenty of time till I start flowering these unknown plants, I will be able to take my time to make a separate socket and ballast. This will also eliminate the small fluoros from future grows, since I'll get me a full spectrum 125w fluoro to veg with. :glugglug:

mrabrego
03-26-2006, 02:33 AM
whoops:rasta: :pimp: :smokin: :stoned:

mrabrego
03-28-2006, 04:38 AM
Alright, I did some thinking and reviewing, I've switched on my 125w 2700k fluoro along with 30w 5000k fluoro, got rid of the side fluoros, though they may make a return now that i've done some tidying up of all the wire mess i had in there. They are running 18/6. I also begrudgingly killed off some plants:( to save some space. Should be getting my 150 w hps soon, but that wont go in till its time to flower.

1st pic before, next pics after.

cactusman23
03-31-2006, 12:54 AM
I want to change my name, is that cool?

cactusman23
04-01-2006, 06:40 AM
Heres a pic of the subjects and my exhaust fan.

cactusman23
04-08-2006, 05:12 AM
Just a weekly update of my little beans, this is my first soil grow. I'm gonna have to transplant the little pots soon, since i'm seeing crazy root development throught the bottle. Also looks like i'm only gonna have room for six plants if i stick with the current pots i'm using, I'm taking a hard look at my old box again, with improvements. I'm thiinking of dropping the little plants in 3" coco cups and baskets, add some perlite for sturdiness and put them in a bubbler setup. any suggestions are welcome.

Clever Swine
04-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Just a suggestion for you, and i dont talk from expirience! it looks like those plants have too much stretch on them. I think you might want to get the lights closer to the tops. with those bulbs you can get them real close without hurting them. good luck!

cactusman23
04-14-2006, 01:08 AM
I have killed off two more beans cause I didnt like the way they were looking, and I have transplanted the remaining plants. I started them on some weak nutes this week and they have responded accordingly. I'll be posting some pics tomorrow.

cactusman23
04-15-2006, 05:12 AM
Just a pic of the progress.

I plan on building up the top soil with some more perlite and vermiculite mixed with quano and peat moss.

Compared to hydro, soil is significantly slower, I'm not in a hurry though.

I'm gonna try to keep this one as simple as possible, though I thought the hydro system I used on my first grow was pretty easy.

Thinking ahead, I've gathered the materials for my next hydro grow, whenever or whatever that may be, which includes real netpots with coco liners and a stronger air pump.

cactusman23
04-22-2006, 05:01 AM
Well folks heres some pics of my beans in action. I'd been giving them a little dose of nitrogen from my maxigro nutes, I got some high nitrogen guano that i have since started them on. The first pic is a group photo, the second is the achiever of the group. Does anyone else think of a growbox as a time machine for plants?:stoned:

After taking these photos, I went ahead and built up the top soil. Gave them a some water.

cactusman23
04-23-2006, 11:41 PM
on this day at 4:20pm I officially entered the HID race with my 150w entry.:D I will use it along with my 125 w fluoro when i begin to flower. I will also have four 18" tube flouros to provide some side lighting, 2 warm whites and 2 daylight.

chisme
04-23-2006, 11:46 PM
PLZ TELL ME WHAT HEIGHT DID U START TO FLOWER?!!?!? PLZ TELL ME MAN HEHEHEH

cactusman23
04-24-2006, 12:22 AM
I think they were between 8 and 10 inches when I started them on first grow, I'm not flowering these yet, they are far from ready.

On a side note, I want to get another 150w hps already and get rid of the big flouro...sigh, it never ends

chisme
04-24-2006, 07:58 PM
i mena the ones at the start of this thread lol one page 1

cactusman23
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Good Morning stoners. Heres a sneak peek at what my setup will look like when i begin to flower. I have the plants elevated off the floor of the box so theres plenty of room for stretch. I have not mounted my hps to the box yet, nor have i prepared a screen, also i'm still not satisfied with my light setup. At the moment I have 7 beans going, once I start to flower these beans, I'm hoping for at least 3 females, then I will screen them. Once I figure out a more "adjustable" light setup, in the future, I will definitely go scrog from the start.

the image reaper
04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
next time your cabinet is empty, paint those inside walls with "flat white" paint, much more reflective than the aluminum paint you're presently using ... :thumbsup:

cactusman23
04-25-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm using emergency blanket mylar:thumbsup:, The aluminum paint was on my previous cab.

cactusman23
04-29-2006, 03:02 AM
Heres this weeks group photo of my little achievers plus a closeup shot of my big plant. I'm still not to good at figuring out male and female preflowers. what do you all think?

cactusman23
05-01-2006, 03:06 AM
While I was at the local bullseye store with my significant other, I came across a couple of interesting items. I'm sure with a little ingenuity these items can be easily used in a small setup.

cactusman23
05-06-2006, 04:04 AM
Heres this weeks fotos of my little achievers, plus my honor student.

cactusman23
05-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Since I figure I'm days away from going into flower, I decided to test my 150w hps in my old cab just to get an idea of the kind of heat and intensity I'll be dealing with. Needless to say I was impressed with the obvious intensity and astounded by the heat and this is only a 150w. I ran the unit for four hours with no problems. I'm doing these "tests" to ensure my equipment is safe. I'm not saying I'm not working safely, I just have to be absolutely sure. Thats just my 2 cents.

cactusman23
05-10-2006, 02:16 AM
I'm guessing this may be a male. The first 4 photos are the evidence I've presented. The last is a pic of the subject after interrogation. If in fact it is a male, it will meet its fate swiftly, if its a female, then I'll just tie her down. What do you all think? Male? Female? Too early?

SmokinRandy420
05-10-2006, 11:08 PM
its kinda hard to tell but from the looks of it looks like a female....not 100% sure id get more advice first before anything.......

cactusman23
05-13-2006, 04:13 AM
Just a couple pics of my little ecosystem. The beans smell great, the stems look ed good enough to put into flower so I've changed the lights to 12/12. Keeping my fingers crossed, knocking on wood, hoping it doesnt turn into a sausage fest. I also bent my tallest achiever. I just put a big rubber band over it and hooked it to an s hook that I hooked to the lip of the pot, btw its the only pot with a lip, so it made it easier. Dont forget sunday is mothers day. :thumbsup:

notorious P.O.T
05-13-2006, 06:15 AM
wow man ur pretty crafty with this growing stuff. i think your posts are pretty crazy and im looking forward to see how big of a difference in the yeild the hps makes.... Keep up the good work man!

cactusman23
05-17-2006, 03:12 AM
hello folks, just thought i'd post a few pics of my ever stretching beans. I've moved my big flo up about 2" and i've cranked up the 150w hps. I put a brick under my ballast box to help diffuse the heat. so far none have showed their true selves yet. Heres the nutes i've been using on this grow so far, high nitrogen guano, high phosphorous guano, superthrive, and humus concentrate that i had to mix with a gallon of water first then mix one ounce of the mix to one gallon of water. I'm waiting for my cal mag to come in then i'm gonna up the phosphorous. thanks to everyone who drops by and takes a gander of my offerings, I've certainly drawn inspiration and knowledge from many growers on these forums, turtle, garden knowm, zandor, harddon, mobay, mand, busteruk, skillz, justaseed, rastakaze, just to name a few. :thumbsup:

Dimebonic333
05-17-2006, 05:11 AM
A round of applause. That last grow had some pretty impressive results with just using a few measly fluoros.

GreenEyesRed
05-28-2006, 05:40 AM
hey there . I am a first time grower and like most I have been a worry wort about everything and I just wanted to tell you thanks for putting some of my fears to rest mainly concerning your source of light being just the one bulb and still having the amazing results you have had. I too am using floros ( 5 CFLs three 2700 lums and two 2900s. one 2` tube . and one 1` the two footer is red and the one footer is blue) and was originally worried about the strenght but as I said you put those fears to rest and gave me some confedience as well. congrats on your grow and further good luck man!!

oh and do you know what the reflectivity percent is of the roofing paint? just wondering what the comparison is to mylar. thnx again

timmyrecordz
06-01-2006, 12:18 PM
wow this thread is looking beautiful. okay people, I got about 6 different plants in the works and I'm retarded and have absolutly no idea how to tell a male from a female, could someone upload some pics of how to compare them please.

berny
06-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Mylar offers 98% reflectivity and flat white paint around 86%. I have no idea about aluminium foil or roofing paint.

diche
06-02-2006, 01:46 PM
Nice plants man keep it up. I heard that aluminum foil can cause light to focus unevenly on the plants and cause burns is that true?

Dazed4now
06-02-2006, 02:14 PM
yea foil and some other type of reflective material (forgot what its called) will cause hotspots
just go with mylar, its the easiest to deal with

XroadsterX
07-03-2006, 04:03 AM
How about an update Cactusman? You left us all hanging on this log....

cactusman23
07-03-2006, 09:55 PM
This grow log was continued here ---------->http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=66336

This one is dedicated to my clones ------------------>http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=69343

Tendril.traY
02-04-2007, 10:21 PM
jus wondering (i knw its not my thread) but can you get those compact flo's at a supermarket and are they the ones that put out like 65 watt but only use like 30 watt. and there twisted like???

trynagethigh
02-04-2007, 11:19 PM
hey mrabrego have you considered one of these lights?

HIGHMAX by Maxilte - 150 Watt - 5000 Kelvin - Compact Fluorescent - 150W/UT/MOG/50K - 277 Volt - Maxlite 35863 $69.23 ea.
# Manufacturer: Maxlite Lighting Products
# Manufacturer's Part Number: 35863
# 150W/UT/MOG/50K
# Life Hours: 10,000
# 150 Watts
# Approximate Incandescent Equivalent: 650 Watts
# Initial Lumens: 9,200
# Color Rendering Index: 82
# Color Temp: 5,000K
# Warranty: 12 Months