PDA

View Full Version : stop the stretching!

Mole2k4
07-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Hey guys what can I do to stop the stretching? They are going insane, even in the window, they are stretching, day 4 now since started showing.
:confused:

blazingDUBs420
07-06-2004, 06:20 PM
well me n you got kinda the similar pic were both at the same stage about . now what i would like to ask you is when do you think they would be ready to transplant outside mine are about the same height .....this has been pondering me the last couple of days

peace out

dumass
07-06-2004, 06:52 PM
You can allmost hear that plant screaming for stronger, consistent light..... ;)

sawleaf
07-06-2004, 09:24 PM
You can allmost hear that plant screaming for stronger, consistent light..... ;)

hahaha yeah right huh? Unfortunately you are going to have to stake that plant up or it is going to fall over. This is why you need a good light source as close to your seedlings as possible people. Learn from these pics. Seedlings need strong close light so they don't go looking for it.

Tech
07-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Be very caerfull and build up soil around the outside to give it support , it wont hurt it to build it up to the lower leaves if you can get it into a bigger pot.
Yeas it is begging for light ..... so give it wots it,s calling for.

Maulrat
07-17-2004, 03:30 PM
I have two sprouts that are about 4 inches above the soil. I am about 1 week after planting from seed. To support the stems of my new window plants, I am using a large paper clipped, reformed in the shape of a cowboy's lasso or a halo very losely around the stem of my plant. This seems to be a decent support, just make sure NOT to choke your plants. When I have the time, I am gonna try placing my plants in direct sunlight for about 1-3 hours per day to see if it makes a huge difference. Will let u know how it goes.