PDA

View Full Version : BC Vaporizer

mstmary
07-06-2004, 05:28 AM
Iv been looking at the BC Vaporizer for awhile and am not sure about buying one. Has anyone tried this Vaporizer out before or have one? What do you think about it? And, if someone have tried this vaporizer and others, is this one of the best?

twiztidmxcn
07-06-2004, 08:36 AM
your in luck holmes

my buddy just picked up a BC vaporizer a couple days ago so i gots the skinny on it

first, the bud you use must be of a fairly high quality THC content, ie dont use schwag, it doesnt work as well. next, youll do well to follow the instructions ie let it warm up the first time so it burns off all the oils and shit, they smell like shit so do it outside if possible. *EDIT* they are probably toxic as well, so don't sit in a closed closet or something and do this

as for actual usage, i dont know if its just the pot we smoke (BC bud, alberta home grown, white widow, along the lines of that) but the taste itself is kinda like.. oats and barley. it tastes kinda like animal feed. could be the vaporizer itself too.

but, it does get you pretty fucked. don't expect huge hits (ie not a lot of smoke will be exhaled), and its nto really smoke, its 'vapor'

fill the bowl, make sure theres pot touching the sides and bottom, allows for more vapor to be made cuz more pot is being burned. also, dont touch the hot metal heating thing where the weed goes, cuz it burns you BADLY, my friend has a huge fucking blister from touching it

i have tried a smaller handheld vaporizer, but that was over a year ago and i have since smoked myself stupid, so i dont know the difference between quality, i jut remember the other one didnt taste like oats and barley, but loaded smaller bowls and was more portable.

quality - 8/10, portability ease - 5/10 (hard as fuck to take somewhere, gotta wrap it up and carry it, plug it in, etc), high factor 9/10

it seems to be a different high as well. instead of a stoned stupor, i've found myself with more energy, giddiness, light headed, happy, and more subtle at times

also, this was at a store in canada (alberta) and was $80 canadian if that matters

marinesf22
07-06-2004, 04:44 PM
well, with a bc vaporizer it isnt as healthy as ones that use a heat gun (volcano vaporizer) so when the bc works it still burns the weed a little bit, there is a really good way to make a really easy heat gun that is really good and really healthy..... Heres what you will need: 1) A Heat Gun prefebally (sp) with a way to control the heat off it... this one is perfect click here (http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid=00927801000). 2) If you clicked the link you saw a bit on the end of that gun, you need to get that also, and get some screens, the bit goes up in smaller chambers, so you put a screen in the smallest chamber and put your pot on top of that then put another screen to secure the pot, (if that is unclear then you should email me or instant message me)

OK, now you need a brass bit that will fit onto the top of the heat gun bit.... now find a plastic tube that will stay on the brass bit, get a freezer bag and a hair tie, and connect one end of the tube to the brass and the other into the bag. Then wrap the hair tie around the bag and tube until it is tight enough, now let the heat gun heat up. I know that is confuzing on here but just email me and i can make it clearer.but You now have a volcano vaporizer that isnt 500 dollars. I came up with this with a friend of mine. hope it helps

sawleaf
07-06-2004, 09:22 PM
yeah you are right about the BC vaporizer. It still is a good buy since it is only around 70 bucks, but the heat gun vaporizers and others on the market are way out of my price range for now.

ndhawk
07-07-2004, 07:10 PM
Do any vaporizers not give off odors?

sawleaf
07-07-2004, 07:24 PM
No they barely give off any odor at all! They are great, but if you are used to smoking it will be quiet a change. The hits don't feel very heavy and lung filling like smoke is, so a lot of people don't think they are getting good hits at all, but the hit will creep up and is very very bright and clear.

twiztidmxcn
07-07-2004, 08:14 PM
yea, im sorry if there was a bit of confusion

the odors, which are associated with the lubricants and oils used in building and maintaining the vaporizer before sale, are burned off only the first time you use it

after the very first time, no more odors. the barley/wheat/animal feed TASTE may be associated with my pot, or just may be the taste given. no other harmful odors are given off.

*EDIT* like the dude above me (sawleaf, sealeaf, whatever) said, the hits are different. you dont get huge crazy hits like with a bong or something, its subtle, small hits, as its burning off the THC, not the excess carbon monoxide and shit assocaited with the smoke you exhale, thus smaller hits.