PDA

View Full Version : Someone Please help...searching for an answer!

Sk8erPunk1
07-06-2004, 05:00 AM
Hey, I've been trying to get answers to these questions at hempcultivaiton.com with no luck from viewers of my grow journal.... so maybe someone can help here. I posted a similar post in the advanced growing techniques forum but that was more about my LST on my other plants. This post is concerning my tightest plant.....

Does stress on the plant really create hermies? Should i worry about that when LST'ing?

But more importantly!, The stem on one of my plants in the picture has a dark purple tone to its newer growth at the top of the stems. The stems supporting the fan leaves have been light red in color but now the new main stem growth seems to be a dark purple although its only really present in the main stem (the dark purple). You can see it in the picture... if you ahve any ideas on whether or not its bad or what i should do....

Also on the same plant, is it me or did its green color get lighter from previous posts? Is that a bad sign? It still seems to be growing fine...?

I dont know if this could be from heavy rains....i havent worried much about it being overwatered because its in the ground and outdoors...should i be worrying about it? Thanks for any replies!

blazingDUBs420
07-06-2004, 11:00 AM
well i would have to say your good to go, i wouldnt worry about that aslong as the plant stays up nice and sturdy and supports the branches,buds,etc. but i always thought stems were green .. but its proboly jus growing or somthing
PEACE

blazingDUBs420
07-06-2004, 11:03 AM
i noticed on one of the leaves on the left side of the pic theres a hole??? does your plant have any bugs you know of ....because if thats a hole im seeing your proboly got somthing eating your plant....that i would worry about more then a dis-coloured stem.

Sk8erPunk1
07-07-2004, 03:03 AM
Hey thanks a lot for the replies, some of my plants have developed a small mite problem....mostly just spider mites, i am picking up some mild insecticide tomorrow to eliminate the problem. Also there was some residue ona couple of leaves wher eholes were that were accompanied by the slime from slugs so i put down some slug killer around the outside of where the slugs would come into the grow area from. any suggestions on what insecticide i should use that will not be detrimental to my health as i intend to smoke the product in a few months when the grow is done. thanks for the replies!

kingcanabis
07-20-2004, 05:17 AM
but i would look at your phosphorus ..low leaves may develop purple coloration and may stunted the plant's growth and may delay in the plant's development....i have ben reading a lot of book's it's just something to look in to....good luck ps: if it's growing ok you may let it B.....

kingcanabis
07-20-2004, 05:24 AM
for the mite's you can try 3 drop's of dish soap in 20oz of water. spray it on at night an then with clean watwr wash it off bfor sun come's out so it do's not bern the plant it worked for me..... but ask around first to be sher...

NowhereMan
07-20-2004, 07:23 AM
hope they help

http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/t525

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_cultivation.shtml

just a couple i been too and found good info