PDA

View Full Version : the effects of superthrive?

metalhead
10-29-2005, 06:12 AM
Hello my fello potheads, I was thinking of going down and picking up some super thrive and I was wanting to know if it does any good for Mj, Im going to try to grow mine without any ferts but my plant is going slow and i want to kick it up just alittle bit beings that i am a feind and a bit impatient : ) lol
so any help or answers will be extremly appreciated!

snow owl
11-09-2005, 06:12 PM
no ferts no bud, thrive is a good suppliment used on occassion

stinkyattic
01-06-2006, 03:58 PM
I swear by the stuff as a supplement to my regular ferts. I use it on ALL my plants- everything from orchids to roses to succulents to our beloved MJ.

One thing the guy at the grow shop always warns about is that "too much of the shit and your plants will go comatose!"

Trichome Creator
01-06-2006, 04:36 PM
I drank a bottle of It once. Cured my erectile dysfunction.:D Seriously though I use it.

arcticspyder
01-08-2006, 03:21 AM
When used properly it works great.

Trichome Creator
01-08-2006, 06:04 AM
It will reduce plant shock and is good to use before and after a transplant.
Also can be used during your seed soaking. It contains a vitamin known as B1 Thiamine which will help the seed to crack. Also has been reputed to increase female to male ratios. (I don't beleive it's been proven to increase females yet though.)

latewood
01-11-2006, 04:48 AM
maybe that is why I get such a high percentage of females...lol, 1/4 tsp per gallon as additive to nutrient program

sheist
02-09-2006, 08:19 AM
so wait when do you add it?? i got 48hr old babies under fluros now waiting to break surface.. use it now??

turtle420
02-09-2006, 12:44 PM
so wait when do you add it?? i got 48hr old babies under fluros now waiting to break surface.. use it now??
Nope... not yet... wait 1 or 2 weeks. They've barely begun their lives.

BTW: SuperTHRIVE is great... it trully is... but don't over do it, as it's over-dosing consequences are disastrous (or so I read).

Kush Over
02-27-2006, 09:35 AM
...Also has been reputed to increase female to male ratios. (I don't beleive it's been proven to increase females yet though.)..

First, I'd like to say I have experience with SuperThrive, and it does work. I find it boosts the root growth, a lot. Along side this it's helped with cloning, and does some pretty remarkable shit to aid stressing plants. Now, in regards to the quote. I do believe it does stimulate a higher probability, perhaps from germination [ or seedling ], of the plant becoming female. I had germinated five seeds back in '03 for another grow, all popped and grew. When it was time to induce the flowering cycle [ 12/12 ], all began showing white hairs in just under a week's span. I might also add that it'd be wise to discontinue use of SuperThrive before flowering --- that is, flush the soil to rid it of the crap. The reason I say this is because the auxins in SuperThrive hinder flowering...

SuperThrive

Ingredients: vitamin B1 - 0.09%; 1-naphthyl acetic acid (NAA) - 0.048%

Uses: Promotes root growth in cuttings; General root growth; And produces a predominance of female flowers. After saying this it should not be used in flowering as it will prolong flowering period if applied after the onset of flowering.

karmaxul
02-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Wow I was not aware that auxins prolong flowering. I only use 2 drops per gallon of a norwiegn kelp product thrive alive green which is a comparable product throughout the life cycle of the plant as auxins can lock up. Because auxins ad in healthy dna synthesis it would only make sense the plants would be heathier and live longer but I thought that the rate of flowering is due to the hormone release during the dark period. The auxins would have to inhibit slightly the hormone release perhaps do to healthier plants as flowering equals death of some plants. I feed a high level of auxins to my peyote cactus's and they doubled in size very quickly but have shown little growth after the three weeks of plumping. It has been a month and a half of little growth lately.
One love
c

turtle420
02-28-2006, 04:06 AM
First, I'd like to say I have experience with SuperThrive, and it does work. I find it boosts the root growth, a lot. Along side this it's helped with cloning, and does some pretty remarkable shit to aid stressing plants. Now, in regards to the quote. I do believe it does stimulate a higher probability, perhaps from germination [ or seedling ], of the plant becoming female. I had germinated five seeds back in '03 for another grow, all popped and grew. When it was time to induce the flowering cycle [ 12/12 ], all began showing white hairs in just under a week's span. I might also add that it'd be wise to discontinue use of SuperThrive before flowering --- that is, flush the soil to rid it of the crap. The reason I say this is because the auxins in SuperThrive hinder flowering...

SuperThrive

Ingredients: vitamin B1 - 0.09%; 1-naphthyl acetic acid (NAA) - 0.048%

Uses: Promotes root growth in cuttings; General root growth; And produces a predominance of female flowers. After saying this it should not be used in flowering as it will prolong flowering period if applied after the onset of flowering.
Very, very usefull information. A+

Ziggy Stardust
03-04-2006, 03:28 PM
iv e been lucky to this point (see pics on ziggys 1st grow) using DNF and some peroxide thus you can see why im reluctant to try to get even better results using somthing new.

BUT what im now thinking about doing to switching to another feeding regimine as the super growth has kinda slowed

im looking real hard at DM's folair and nuet feeding program with the complete line. now it seem kinda complicated (and EXPENSIVE), that i can handle BUT what im really getting at is superthrive and how is says that "to be added TO your feeding program"

so i take it i can ADD superthrive to the DM program?? im getting nervous about this part as to this point my grow has done extremely well heres pics. but now im 2 weeks from flowering.

ive always grown outside this is my 1st real attempt at hydro (back in the early 80's i tried growin indoors in soil and didnt get good results (poor information) but to me the growth rate has been incredible to say the least

thank you

Kush Over
03-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Yes, you can add SuperThrive to any nutrient and/or fertilizer programs you have set for your plants. But just remember, around the time you decide to flower it'd be wise, as mentioned before, to flush the soil of any SuperThrive remnants. Being as you're two weeks from flowering I wouldn't add any unless you're up to flushing it back out when it's that time. I'd just wait for the next grow and feed those plants S/T throughout vegging along with the nutrients.

Ziggy Stardust
03-04-2006, 04:32 PM
thank you BUT what about Dutch Masters regimine with all thier additives do you have any non scientific advice??

Kush Over
03-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Can't quite understand what you're asking. If you're asking me about the DM line of product, I know nothing of it. If you're asking me if you can add SuperThrive to the water with the nutrients without any negative side effects [ i.e. nutrient imbalances ], then yes.

Ziggy Stardust
03-04-2006, 06:56 PM
lol...sry man sometimes i confuse my self. i was actually lookin for someone thats used Dutch Masters...i mean ive red lotsa stuff about it ...i just wanted to chat w someone dont get paid for pitchin it. the sales lit looks almost too good to be 4real

Bluefunk
03-06-2006, 04:16 PM
The bottom line I've learnt from superthrive is use as needed.. if you're germing, transplanting (during veg), stressing your plants accidently then it's great.. but I've noticed it show some detrimental effects with quite a unique burning pattern on the lower leaves which stopped when I stopped using it. It's great stuff and dirt cheap but shouldn't be overused.

Ziggy Stardust
03-06-2006, 06:35 PM
good deal now all i need is some insight on DMs new nuet prog specifically the foliar program. if what their claiming is true then nuets have just taken a major league jump!

StonerDave
03-08-2006, 05:16 AM
a drop a gallon every watering makes a big difference in my experience. never tryed to use any morer than that though.l

Ziggy Stardust
03-09-2006, 02:33 PM
WOW....wheeeeeee. sounds like nuke nuets, JK. one drop huh r u serious one drop? and i guess one drop is what the usage instructions calls for?

karmaxul
03-09-2006, 06:24 PM
I use only one drop as well. Auxins lock up. It is a hormone based product not a nute
One love
c

Ziggy Stardust
03-10-2006, 02:50 AM
OK ok one drop hormone i got it now thats why so small an amount. NOW who in da heck knows anything about the DUTCH MASTER foliar feeding prog. they are showin trick pics with some widget that proves their penetrator and folitek additives are really working . SOMEBODY please help meeeeee! i wanna know if anyones used this system and how it worked. i ask because theres a LOT of prep work to do and LOTSA steps in the program and befor i spend like 400 on the line i want to see wht others are saying about it

xxxdout
08-14-2008, 03:51 AM
Have used it, can't really say one way or the other as to whether it worked for me, do know that the Auxins in it will lock you down if you go overboard. (Took one small plant, overdosed it, after one month it was about two inches tall, the others that broke surface the same day were anywhere from ten to fifteen inches tall, outdoors. Love to experiment though.)