PDA

View Full Version : My experiement with a clone's growth tips....

IronLung
10-27-2005, 05:36 AM
I decided to take a cutting from a plant about 2 weeks before harvest. When the clone rooted, I provided it with a 18/6 light cycle. The plant remained under this cycle for exactly 3 weeks. During this time, the plant produced over 8 new growth tips but didnt gain much lenghtwise (it was 3 inches tall and gained maybe 1/2 inch). Most of the pistils withered, while others thrived, although, overall flower growth had stopped.
I then put it into 12/12 light cycle for another 2 weeks to see how the clone would react. It began to produce new flowers and approximately 8 more growth tips. The plant gained another 1/2 inch in height.
After the 2 weeks of the 12/12 cycle, i changed the lighting back to 18/6. It's been about a week since, and I can already see more growth tips forming. Im going to keep it in 18/6 and see what happens.
She now has almost 20 growth tips at 4 inches in height. There also is a small amount of flowers. I wish i could count them all but the internodes are VERY tight and I might damage the plant. If successful in vegging again, the yield will be great, especially with additional topping. There is a decent probability that it will become a hermie though.
What do you think???

lemonboy
10-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Interesting. Wish you had pics, sounds cool.

IronLung
10-27-2005, 03:43 PM
I'm going to get pics soon..... until then I'll keep you posted

latewood
10-27-2005, 08:57 PM
I experiment alot with different times into flower to take clones. Mine do exactly what your's did...pistil's withered and it almost reverted complely back to preflower, then went crazy...can't wait to see you pix...

IronLung
10-28-2005, 12:59 AM
I'm going to get pics in a couple days. I transplanted today because the roots were getting bound in its small pot. This wasnt a good idea considering the switching light cycles may add to stress. It seems to be doing good though; the leaves are pointed up at 45 degree angles. Thanks for the input.

the mole
10-28-2005, 10:04 AM
ID like to see how it turns out.

It will probly turn hermi from the light cycle stress, but you never know. good luck to ya

IronLung
10-31-2005, 12:36 AM
My baby is doing great. She has a few more internodes and the flowering took a hault about a day or two ago. The plant is now growing more in height. While im on it, I will tell you about my setup, ect.
Im growing in a cabinet that is approximately 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 2-1/4 feet. I will be using the FIM and ScrOG techniques combined. The plant is grown in a 3/4 gallon container with a soil and perlite medium. Miracle Grow 15-30-15 and Scott's 26-1-2 are the two fertilizers i use; the plants LOVE it. Two 50 watt CFL's are used for lighting purposes. I created a small slot on the top of the cabinet for ventilation. I also leave the door open about an inch during the A.M. hours. It does get above 90 degrees F near the top of the cabinet, but I dont grow past 2 feet. Besides, the plants i grew were very healthy under these conditions.
I expect to yield between 54 to 72 grams from this grow, based on the past. Who knows though. Thanks for the support too. I appreciate it a lot.
P.S. My pops needs the digi-cam for work. He says he'll let me borrow it soon.

cnd411
11-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Is there any abnormal looking leaf ?

IronLung
11-04-2005, 04:21 AM
Yes, cnd411, there is various types of abnormal growth, but it is beginning normal growth again. The leaves had one leaflet with no serrated edges during the first few weeks of new growth. Then they started to form one serration on each side of the leaf. The leaves then began forming three leaflets, which were very abnormal because the left leaflet was very very small. There is a lot of abnormal growth patterns but it is regaining normality.
Besides that, she is doing great. It is now 5 1/2 inches tall with over 30 leaves.

snow owl
11-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Going in and out of flower several times will just cause stress and diminished yields and increase suseptability to mold.

IronLung
11-12-2005, 06:08 AM
True, it will decrease your yeild, but not by a very large amount. The plant will regain its vigor over time with proper conditions. Good ventilation with low temp and humidity will prevent molding. She'll be alright. I guess we will see what happens when harvest comes around. You make very valid points though, snow owl. Thanks for the advice.