PDA

View Full Version : possesion >2.5 what can I expect in court

omega
10-26-2005, 12:36 AM
My situation is that I have a court appearance for possession of cannabis under 2.5g. I was caught and not arrested. I am 19 have never been arrested or had any trouble with the law and I live in Loves Park, IL. I want to know what amount of a fine I should expect, will I have to go and pay for mandatory classes for â??drug abuseâ??, how long will this stay in my record is there anything I can do erase it off, what else should I expect and how do I prepare for court. Im a little parinoid...
thanks

JinCuseSmoker
10-26-2005, 05:57 AM
Omega -
I was in your shoes back in March when I got tagged for possession (<20g..FL laws) and paraphernalia in a small ass hick town in north Florida. Dubious story, but since it is your first offense (as it was mine) you will most likely just get some fines and put on probation with or without a drug abuse class or something. Just make sure to go talk to your public defender beforehand and explain your case and he will talk to the DA (most likely) about dismissing your charges like he did with me. For me it was $797.00 for those two charges, plus I have to take a class, but no biggie. Once that's done, the charges are off and they will provide you with written proof of that. The only thing to keep in mind is that your ARREST will still be on record. This shouldn't be a big deal in the future, and I've been told you can actually have that sealed only once in your life....Good luck!

rollinhigh06
10-26-2005, 09:55 PM
an ass kicken :p lol

2bad ur not under 18, u can get away with murder until u turn 18... lol :rasta: