PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P petey

ScarlettCrush
10-21-2005, 09:03 PM
I bought him a really long time ago, back when me and rich where friends. Rich was with me at the pet store when I picked petey out. My very first post here had a picture of him in it.
Petey was so pretty, all teal with purple at the end of his long long tail. He was with me through some dark times, and he always made me smile when I looked at his aquarium. I gave him a castle, a dragon, a tree and jewels all over the ground. I used to trip out on the castle when I was high and imagine all kinds of scenarios. My favorite one was the castle folk had stolen the dragons gems. The dragon was setting seige to the city, and I was riding his back. This was all happening underwater, petey was my friend and no one died.
When it snowed here I didn't have any heat or electric for a day and I left for hojo's. I came back and petey had iced over, he was on his side in the bottom of his tank and I was so upset for forgetting him. The heat came on, and the house warmed up by the next morning, I had decided I should clean out his tank and there he was swimming around and flicking his tail like he does when he is hungry.
I called him my ressurectafish.
He started turning white a few months ago, the color bleaching out of him and corey said he was getting old. He was still smart though, he would follow my finger all over the side of the aquarium and go for his food with gusto. He got a wierd hump in him a month ago and I knew his time was close. I started cleaning his tank weekly and feeding him all the time, because I wanted him to be full and clean when he left me.
He left today and I know he is just a fish, but I liked him an awful lot.

likemclever
10-22-2005, 05:52 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your fish....

ScarlettCrush
10-22-2005, 03:36 PM
oh I'm ok, just memories you know.

gutterslang
10-25-2005, 07:49 PM
something that will always make you smile -- that's a lucky thing to have. Will there be a Petey the sequel?

lostinTO
10-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Well some people may tell you it is "just a fish", but the reality is that he was a living thing and brought happiness to you and it is so important to have a connection with a pet - no matter what kind of animal.
I feel sorry for those who never experience that.

Let us know if you get Petey the 2nd!

Breukelen advocaat
10-26-2005, 11:40 AM
This dead fish story is getting more compassionate reactions than a thread that somebody placed here, the other night, about a parent's death. Many of the replies, in the thread about the parent, were extremely cruel.

lostinTO
10-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Hmm I didn't see anything about a parents death.
I did see a post about Rosa Parks dying - and that got pretty out of hand - is that the one you are referring to?
Obviously some people are ignorant and have way too much time on their hands - it does get frustrating - but it's like watching a bad car accident - for some reason you just can't turn away.

ScarlettCrush
10-26-2005, 06:26 PM
if it was in the lounge I beleive it. You will find more compassion in the members only section, I think we are more emotionally invested.

gutterslang
10-26-2005, 07:17 PM
dark humor is a tricky thing...if someone famous dies, you generally get all kinds of jokes...e.g. "Q: what do the Kennedy's miss most about Martha's Vineyard?...A:The runway"

tasteless, but funny. but if it is somebody's parent then it is just mean. I don't know about dead fish though...i only know one dead fish joke, let me try it out...

A lady walking in her backyard looks over the fence to see her neighbors' kid digging a hole in the ground.
"Why are you digging that hole?" she asks.
"My fish died." The boy replies with tears in his eyes.
"That's an awful big hole for a fish." says the lady.
"That's because it's inside your cat."

....anything?

likemclever
10-27-2005, 12:37 AM
This dead fish story is getting more compassionate reactions than a thread that somebody placed here, the other night, about a parent's death. Many of the replies, in the thread about the parent, were extremely cruel.

Thats because the little puke was full of shit.......

I was going to post a link to the thread but the thread seems to have come up missing..............(I guess because they deleted it...because he's a sick bastard)

anyway....it was this real fucking sob story about how his mother JUST died (hours ago) at the hospital or some fucking place.....and he was soooooooo sad he was going to shoot himself.

Well a couple of people called him out on it (me being one of them) and this kid just kept getting more retarded with it.....

Now the thread gone.

It was posted by: jahjahjahjah.....or whatever their name is.

Breukelen advocaat
10-27-2005, 12:44 AM
I was mistaken - the thread I was referring to was on cannabis.com, but another forum â?? probably the Lounge. The entire thread was deleted, so I suspect there was some kind of monkey business going on (as ILIKEMCLEVER just wrote). The person was threatening to commit suicide, and other self-destructive things, and people were skeptical of the whole story that claimed her (or his) mother had died of cancer that day. If somebody's mother just died, I doubt that they would start posting here for advice or sympathy - but who knows? I wouldn't assume anything; it's unlikely, but not impossible. I was just kind of shocked at the reaction, but the people that were blasting her might know things about the situation that I do not. If she WAS lying, as some people thought, and it was all a hoax, then she/he should be kicked off this site - permanently.

Lulu
10-27-2005, 08:15 AM
Didn't see that thread, but I haven't been here alot lately......

Scarlett, poor Petey...... every living thing has it's place and value ;)
I've got a lot of pets and I foster and rehome dogs, so I have a
lot of little guys in and out of here. Everyone of them makes an
impression of some sort, leaves a mark. It shows we have soul.

Thanks for posting, so nice to see so much love in here. It's dog eat
dog in the Lounge these days, ya kno ........x

robert42
10-27-2005, 02:05 PM
awww thats sad thought wit ya

Ousted
10-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Sorry you lost your pet, Scarlett...

Melton420
11-10-2005, 01:01 AM
yea bad times

kuulbns
11-10-2005, 02:05 AM
I am sorry Scarlett, pets are cool. I don't know why it is that animals seem so much nicer than people to me! (lol) If you do eventually adopt a homeless fish to live in your aquarium, maybe he could be "Repete"? I hope you're feeling better.

IrieAllie
11-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Didn't see that thread, but I haven't been here alot lately......

Scarlett, poor Petey...... every living thing has it's place and value ;)
I've got a lot of pets and I foster and rehome dogs, so I have a
lot of little guys in and out of here. Everyone of them makes an
impression of some sort, leaves a mark. It shows we have soul.

Thanks for posting, so nice to see so much love in here. It's dog eat
dog in the Lounge these days, ya kno ........x

LuLu...

kudos to you for being a foster mom to pets. I found both of my dogs through rescue and they are the BEST. They so appreciate the love and are far more loyal then I would have ever expected. My first rescue dog was an Aussie mix...came from a very sick litter, and we got him at 7 months. SUCH a big baby!!!! Sadie is full-blooded aussie, and the guy who had her since she was a pup got married...wifey didn't like her (cannot IMAGINE why)...so they kept her in a garage for 6 months. They are fantastic pets...so smart and sweet...so I give a LOT of credit to people like you who care enough to take them in, love and bond with them, and send them off to their new homes.

Done rambling now ;)

clayboy
11-12-2005, 03:36 AM
I've had a couple of bettas before and I'm surprised at how attached you can actually get to a fish.

My last one got boiled to death when the tank heater malfunctioned. :(