PDA

View Full Version : someone help me!!

saintgani
10-21-2005, 05:46 PM
i need advice on a carbon filter. i posted a thread the other day and havent got any awnsers. im looking into buying a carbon filter and ned some advice on a good brand. i have that stinky shit abd the whole block smells lol, keep in mind theres around a 60%-45% humidity and i need about 12by12 coverage. someone help im gonna get one in the next week. thanks alot

tstone1776
10-22-2005, 12:02 AM
I have been looking around at some of the same stuff. found this site. Check it out. Never bought from them but looks interesting

http://www.megasheetmetal.com/

Zandor
10-22-2005, 12:28 AM
No pictures of the step by step but this is a no brainer.

It's just a wood box about 24?x18?x36? where you have air drawn in through the top with a furnace return grill about 16x20. Next you get 5 medium quality filters the ones with screen mesh on one side are the strongest. You can use 5 to 10 pounds of active charcoal from the fish store for each layer. You make a charcoal sandwich and use gray tape to seal the sides and make it one big thick filter. You build the box so the filters fit tightly on all sides. You have a stop of about ½? trim all around the part where the filters end so you can keep them in place and tight but do not restrict the air flow through the filter.

Next you have a 12? air gap between the bottom of the filter sandwich and another plywood sheet you attach the high volume fart fan (bath room fan) to the underside. This is about 18? from the top going down overall measurement. You should have about 18? of empty space for the return air to fill so you drill 2? holes along the bottom of the box for return air back into the room.

The idea is to pull the air through the filters clean the air with the coal and return the clean air back to the room. Mine is in the ceiling and has a duck return system back into the room. You need to build the same thing but in a self contained wood box. I like this design better then the cylinder version it's easer to keep fresh and reuse for many years.

Happy building