PDA

View Full Version : Single plant, multiple harvests

merryfknpoppins
10-20-2005, 05:27 AM
Here's one for the experienced guys.

A female can flower, than be put back into veg state. I've read you can cut the cola off of your plant and then put it back in to veg also. Read that this reults in some mutilation, but it heals and grows as normal. This is a method i've seen for setting your mother plant aside.

Here's the question.
Take your mother plant, make clone clippings 4 times, clip all tops. 1-2-4-8.

Now you have 8 stalks.

If you allow the plant to grow sufficiently in Veg for strength....then you place the plant back into flower. Will the plant flower again and make for harvest.

Ideally, if this works, each time you clone it, you re flower the plant and each time you get another cola to harvest eventually resulting in a massive re flowering plant.

but Will it work!!

hubblebubble
10-20-2005, 11:43 AM
no the yield on the second time round will be crap

Zandor
10-20-2005, 05:57 PM
You can re-veg and still get a good yeld but it takes time for the plant to change cycles and return back to Vegetation. A plant will not recover that fast if you clone/flower/harvest/re-veg then do it over again.

BILL THICK
11-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Does a plant that is revegged then put back into flower loose its quality or is its yield diminished???

Seems to me that it would be basically the same as cloning to reveg and if you flower a reveg that you took clones from (after cutting clones and allowing plant necessary recovery time before putting back into flower)and put it back in flower it would have the potential to produce a better yield or am I missing something??

Does the Quality diminish with revegged plants??

I have three plants I revegged . Two of them I took clones from let them recover and just put back in flower. The third one I just revegged and put in flower a week ago. Will be interesting to see how they finish.

Peace,
Bill

Archeen
11-20-2005, 03:35 PM
I`ve re-vegged with good results with yeild an potency being roughly the same as the original given the same care but it was done outdoors at the mercy of the uk weather I dare say in a controlled enviroment yeild could be improved but potency tends to remain the same each time for each strain every time as far as i know.... I`m just a happy amateur I`m afraid

latewood
11-22-2005, 12:06 AM
I understand that 'you can doit' over and over again and some older growers have claimed better potency.?. I attribute this to the fact that you already have a mature
root system and once you veg the chitman' into a bush...It will be ready to flower heartily and; there you have it...my $.02...Here is a pic of my Orchid mix plant, I harvested amonth ago, then re-vegged and here she is...PIC 1...I did not re-pot, just because I wanted to benchmark different methods. Some say to re-pot in fresh soil or potting mix after trimming outer edges of rootball to allow aeration...I was going to do this, but that will be part B of my little reveg step by step w/updates after I harvest this try. Instead I chose just to water her and throw her back under cfl's...She has just sat in the corner catching low light for a month...check out the new single leave growth!
...Oh Yeah, she's under 250w hps now-18/6...and I made arrows where I just cut off stems midway and left alot of vegetation.

It's all over, check it out...I'll give 'Orchid' nutes every once in awhile with some additives...superthrive everytime I water with ph'd ROwater... :thumbsup:

Zandor
11-22-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't know about it being better but the plant is older for sure. The THC percent is still controlled by the environment so if you want more and better then tweak the environment.