PDA

View Full Version : Noob experiment (Gam 1)

gammerz
10-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi, im new to the community iv been reading alot of the posts about gorwing indoors alot of it im just not understanding... lol let me just say my experience background.. get some break it up smoke it... thats it....

But every time i broke it up i kept the seeds and put it in a little baggy for save keeping.... that bag is now full of everything i smoked none of it was bad... one patch was premature but wasnt the seeds fault....

Anyways, i live in an area where the prices r out ragous and well just hard..... i figure id grow myself a little planet, and i dont have 200 dallors to spend on a light system, or any other systems so....

so far this is waht im going to do, i took a plastic bowl thing washed it out cut 4 holes in the bottom for drainage, i put about 1 to 2 layers of white rock on the bottom later today im going to put just normal potting spoil in it. and stick about 4 to 5 good looking seeds in it to see if any of them even grow....

now im a total noob i acutally ahvnt even planted anything before so i know im going to have a hard time with this.... in fact i even ahve alot of questions.... like how deep to put them in, is it alright to put 5 in just to see which ones come out then transplant later?

The area im puting this in is the only place i can my own bedroom, i was going to use the light in my bedroom..... lol my light i can put 3 bulbs of whatever wattage right above the plant if i need to.... whats the normal temp need to be normal room temp?

guys i got a thousand questions..... anyways im going to use mircale grow on them that and destilled water thats about it. im not in a rush for it to grow and flower and get big.... i just want it to be healthy for the envoriment its in know what i mean? i also have a black light i can sometimes put on it but dunno if that even works.

Anyways, if anyone has any tips for me like water habbits, light habbits, certain signs....

Also im going to try to post my basic setup once i get the soil in just to give u an idea how ghetto this first experiment of mine is going to be lol. well all of them will be hopfully more refined though

Green Fingered Rebel
10-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Consider possibly using LEDS. I have a rather ingenious mate who has been spending too much money and time on the net buying thousands if LEDS and testing them all out on various plants. the little lights on ur tv and your key ring torch are LEDS. Enough of the red ones hooked up with some blue ones in there as well using a computer power supply. I'm not an ace at this i have never grown indoors im an outside guy. But i've heard some ace things about them espcecially in terms of cost efficency and space saving. There are some tiny tomatoes on one of his plants at the moment. he is using 1500 leds. 500 are blue. So they must be able to work for weed
Consider it maybe i am

budboy
12-27-2005, 03:16 PM
dont put 5 seeds in 1 pot use seperate pots because if 1 is male and 1 is female your fucked , you can only bud female plands and kill the males!1!
you should upgrade to at lease 250hps to begin flowering( growing bud )

turtle420
12-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Hello gammerz,

1st - No Miracle Grow. That's a no-no. It tastes like Miracle Grow when you smoke it. So, you can smoke Miracle Grow if you want. If you like it, grow in it.
2nd - Yikes dude... your lighting situation.... Ok, you ain't got $200... what have you got? Don't use regular household bulbs (incandescents). And don't use halogen lights. Flourescents (your Walmart variety, or there are some very interesting specialized ones on the net) and/or HID (High Intensity Discharge; MH, HPS, you need a ballast, etc.).

There's a couple of things you can do in 'phases'. But if this is a small 1st-time-just-for-learning grow, I would suggest that you use CFL (flourescents).

3rd - You definitely need to grow in soil. (no Miracle Grow)
4th - Drop as many seeds as you can... once they start sprouting, grow them till you've got your males/females.... discard males. Don't worry, there's still about 90 days to go before that.
5th - The blacklight will probably do ... um, nothing.
6th - You need to provide your girls with fresh air.... from OUTSIDE your house/apartment/church... That's one fan there. You also need another fan blowing air through the tops of your plants... that's another fan there.
7th - Timers. You're going to need at least 1 timer for your lights.... eventually. At the start, you can have them 24/0 with lights. But for flowering, indoor growers "force" flowering on the plants by giving them 12/12 lights. (BTW: 24/0 = 24light/0dark and 12/12 = 12light/12dark. Another popular period is 18/6.)

???

What do you think?

Best,

-turtle420 :cool:

PS: Read as much as you can in these boards, and in Overgrow.com's FAQs section, and on weedfarmer.com

Devin Sticky Bud
02-28-2006, 01:34 AM
hahaha im tryin to do the same as the Gamerz guy.....im only 16 and i wanna grow with out my parents knowing

justaseed
02-28-2006, 01:53 AM
hahaha im tryin to do the same as the Gamerz guy.....im only 16 and i wanna grow with out my parents knowing
growing in someone elses house without them knowing is extremely selfish, disrespectful and just plain shitty. if leo was to find the grow, they could take your parents house not to mention their freedom. only a complete asshole would risk there parents home and freedom just to smoke a little pot. just think about the possible consequences of your actions before you do anything stupid. you could always try and ask for there permission. some parents are cool. i have kids myself. otherwise the only responsible thing to do is grow outside or wait till you have your own place.

Devin Sticky Bud
02-28-2006, 01:59 AM
wait who is leo?...what do you mean?

Devin Sticky Bud
02-28-2006, 02:00 AM
and... i am gunna start growing out side after they start to flower

justaseed
03-01-2006, 04:08 AM
leo = police

you won't get much help around heere if people know you wanna grow in someone elses home without there knowledge!

stickygreenlightsabr
03-01-2006, 05:45 AM
If you think you can hide it from your parents then you must have some connections within the power company that sends your parents the bill.

Kush Over
03-01-2006, 06:42 AM
I wouldn't so quickly dismiss Devin like that, stickygreenlightsabr. Afterall, if I remember correctly, there was a guy on 420times.com that grew in his dorm room, on campus. Flowered plants and everything in his fucking dorm room right under the Dean's nose! That's extremely fucking stupid, and extremely illegal, but he did it successfully and to my knowledge still does. So it can be done.

justaseed
03-02-2006, 02:14 AM
a dormroom is different. the police won't take that away from the university like they could the house from his parents. it's not about if you can get away with it. it's the fact that someone would be willing to risk everything there parents have for a little bud! i have children myself and i hope i raise them well enough not to be that selfish and disrespectful!! if my kids were to come to me at age 16 and ask about growing pot in my house i would tell them to wait till they had there own place. another grow in the house would put the electric bill through the roof. lol. it's hard for me to say if i would let my kids grow in the house(when they are older) because i already have 1 veg chamber and 3 flower chambers so what would be the point.

Kush Over
03-02-2006, 05:45 AM
The point is; we're doing something illegal anyway. Or illegal by the United States' [ and many other countries' ] standards. Whether he recieved his parents' permission or not doesn't change that fact. True, it'd be best they were aware of it, and I'm not trying to encourage him --- I'm just telling him he can do it... if he's willing to take the risk [ however stupid ] it is. Personally I see no difference between having a couple ounces of weed at a time [ in my case, don't know about his ] and having, say, a Lowryder sized plant in a low maintenance PC sized grow. You're still going to have a hell of a fucking time getting rid of your weed in either instance if LEO's busting at the door.

smoknjoe
03-02-2006, 06:55 AM
if he's willing to take the risk

He is not taking the risk. He is transferring the risk to his parents, who will take the fall if he gets busted.

Well put, justaseed.

justaseed
03-02-2006, 01:10 PM
He is not taking the risk. He is transferring the risk to his parents, who will take the fall if he gets busted.

Well put, justaseed.

finally, someone who understands! it's not whether it's illegal anyway. we all make the choice to take that risk. it's the fact the grower is taking NO RISK. his parents are taking ALL THE RISK and DON't EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT!!!

another point is leo can take the house for "cultivation" but they are not going to even think about that if he was only in possession of a "couple ounces" and not growing, at least where i live.

turtle420
03-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Man, I think that what goes around, comes around.

So the math is:::
$250,000 house, with $180,000 paid already.

$400 grow.

Busted, no house. No grow. Jail time. Shamefullness. Dis-honorability in society. New jobs. New city.

It isn't fair to his parents. IMO

But I like this discussion...

Gecko
03-23-2006, 11:49 PM
a dormroom is different. the police won't take that away from the university like they could the house from his parents. it's not about if you can get away with it. it's the fact that someone would be willing to risk everything there parents have for a little bud! i have children myself and i hope i raise them well enough not to be that selfish and disrespectful!! if my kids were to come to me at age 16 and ask about growing pot in my house i would tell them to wait till they had there own place. another grow in the house would put the electric bill through the roof. lol. it's hard for me to say if i would let my kids grow in the house(when they are older) because i already have 1 veg chamber and 3 flower chambers so what would be the point.

Awesome ethics going on there. "I'm not gonna let my kids grow in my house, but I'll grow some of my own." What if YOU get caught? Your house is seized, and you are sent to prison. Then what will happen? Your kids sent off to live somewhere far off, because you wanted to smoke a little bud.

karmaxul
03-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Gecko , um are you against cannabis?

alex32
03-24-2006, 12:18 AM
this is ageist!!, yea he is 16 and wants to grow, the risk is, his house and family could be confiscated, if adults want to grow, what it seems like to me is that they are taking exactly the same risk, but their kids could be taken away-or for atleast the time he is in jail, or whatever the sentance is. Overall, you are both doing something illegal, and both will suffer near enough the same consequences if caught, so what are you argueing about? DID ANY OF THAT MAKE SENSE? I AM SLIGHTLY DRUNK

bluecraze08
03-24-2006, 01:03 AM
dont hate cannabis....

Gecko
03-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Gecko , um are you against cannabis?

No. I'm just trying to show him there's more than one side to this.

karmaxul
03-25-2006, 04:10 PM
You cant go by the what ifs in life. As long as you are not causing pain to people do what ever you want. If you can not live free then you are not really living at all. If this gentleman grows and smokes his kids up great for him. If his kids want to grow and pass it around risking him then they should do a outdoor harvest and get a condo so they are not bringing heat apon him. If my kids want to grow and smoke it I have no problems if they are young. If they want to grow it and have me sell it giving them the money thats cool to. If they are living with me and I am up and running and they want to supply the whole school then I dont think that is the wisest thing to supply in your home town as with today tryranical laws and the rate of speed word spreads in amoungst people who some most likely get off on hurting others to up there own precieved and distorted self worth then I dont think it is a good idea. Not in the home town atleast