PDA

View Full Version : have any of you gotten your drivers license revoked because of marijuana?

oneortwominutes
10-18-2005, 09:34 PM
unfortunately, i was busted recently.

it was a late night my friend and his girl were drunk so i was driving his car. after driving literally 2 blocks for the first time since getting to college a couple weeks prior, i got zanched. i had about 3/4 an ounce of nuggets on me in one bag and a 20 nug in a little one. anyway, we get "pulled over" on campus in a parking lot at like 12:30 at night. although we had yet to blaze and the car probably didn't smell, i was loading one as the cop approached with its headlights off. i ditched my big bag in the center console and i quickly shoved my pipe and little bag under the seat after the fuzz walked to his car with my license. i had a digi under a cd case by my friend and 6 or 7 sandwich bags in my rear pocket. needless to say, the cop hassled us, cavity searched us, grabbed our nuts, and did a very thorough frisking. one cop jussled my friends crotch for 30 seconds convinced weed would fall out though of course he had none. they held us there for an hour or two an even called a city po to come with a narc dog because they thought they found a baggy with coke or meth residue or some shit, even though none of the people i know fuck with that.

my friend and his girl got off with cheap minors. on the other hand, i got a possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle ticket for $192. i sent in my check the next day and was glad to put it behind. then like two weeks later, the dmv sends me a letter saying my license has been suspended for 30 days beacuse of "selling/possessing a controlled substance while operating a motor vehicle." i get the indication that this is very similar to a dwi in terms of consequences. i also have to take a dwi/drug written test, as well as pay a reinstatement fee and pay for an application for a new license.

on to my questions, if any of you have had your license revoked for something similar: i don't have to worry at all about any physical urine/drug tests do i?

also, i read on-line that the reinstatement fee is $680 + $18.50 for the new license application. is this shit really fucking true? the cops took $350 in buds from me, a 50 dollar pipe, a 200 dollar ticket, and now i have to pay another fucking $700 so i can drive to work and get on with my life? if anyone knows about anything about it not being $680 for a reinstatement fee, you should let me know. that little incident is turning into a $1,500 dollar two-month nightmare. fuck this. this occured in the largest city in minnesota.

seedbare
10-19-2005, 02:10 AM
check out www.norml.org the have the states and penalties there.

yoda
10-19-2005, 02:57 PM
seedbare, cannabis.com's personal lawyer...

that sounds like one roughhhhh night. but it sounds like complete bullshit to get your liscene revoked for bud.

BluntTime
10-24-2005, 01:55 AM
Man I was :rasta: and then fucking cop gets me! I was so freakin High :stoned: . Took my license until i'm 18 :( . I got acquitted and thought i could get my license but somehow i need a letter from my school saying some bullshit that i can. Until then i will keep on soarin high up with my fellow sweet leaf lovers! :pimp:

nickx760
10-24-2005, 07:37 AM
never happened to me, but once i was on my way to buy some mary jane, and and i was driving along with my friend and i see the lights behind me, i flipped shit, because i had no license and an expired permit, but it was my dads car and the cop was like "pull over in that gas station and call your dad" i pulled in, waited 20 minutes and left to get my bud.

Bonez87x
10-25-2005, 06:40 PM
on 2 occasions they found my small hand carved wood pipe in my vehical, all they had me do was "see how far I can throw it", im on my fourth home made pipe now :thumbsup:

thats an ouch tho to hear that. in florida i believe getting your lisence reinstated is like 150$ first time, 250 second and 500 third? or is that for when your insurance goes out and you still have a valid plate... im confused with laws and most rules... i dont care much for most of them.