PDA

View Full Version : Who can see if you failed a test?

KillerJupe
06-30-2004, 12:58 AM
I work for fedex/kinkos in CA and our old manager got terminated cause he was laid back and fun. The new guy is a Nazi and is having everyone drug tested wednesday! However i smoke a bunch 10 days ago then yesterday i smoked nice bowl on sunday! however i have no clue where or how we will be tested so i don't really want to sub it. If i get fired then so will 1/2 the people there we all smoked together! My question is if i fail and another employer does a background check will it turn up in that check that i failed?? Also will my boss get a copy of what i failed for or just saying that i didn't pass? cause if it will i might just consider quitting??? id much rather keep the job... we'll see.
Thanks!!!!!

mark peralez
06-30-2004, 01:27 AM
i seriously doubt if your failing a test for one corporation will affect other job prospects.There is a ctually a law,in my state anyways called degredation of character.One employer or ex employer cannot call a buisness where u are contracted or employed and officially bash your name,or say you are a drug user.Now if this nazi knows your new employer personally,then ofcourse you may be in for a dissapointment. All in all if you get tested and fail get clean using the tips posted on this site.Theres people in your situation that found a way.U can too.Oh yeah by the way as far as background check,only criminal records and driving records are the two things that remain on your background.No failing tests for a job,nothing like that.