PDA

View Full Version : i just got some up

thechronic
06-29-2004, 03:07 AM
hi i have two plants and i wanted to know what kind of fertilizer i should use i have cow shit and potting soil i put my plants in that for now they are 2 to 3 in tall i have miracle grow would that help out :confused: well i need yalls advice well
later Chronic :D

DirtyLinus
06-29-2004, 08:05 AM
miracle grow is not made for plants like cannabis so most likely it will be crap.... my best advice is get a book, or go to overgrow.com to get more info, but i will give ya a little here. During the vegetative phase you want a fert with higher nitrogen. My favorite is worm castings, its a nice totally organic fert made from worm shit. It can be hard to find but it is well worth it.

slider
06-29-2004, 12:35 PM
i use miracle grow ... still only on a low dose (1.25ml per ltr ) ever other watering and my plants are loving it.. miracle grow is 15% nitrogen

dumass
06-29-2004, 01:30 PM
I made the mistake of starting my plants in Miracle-Gro "enriched" potting soil. I knew dam well that straight soil would be better (MG is just downright nasty stuff!!) to start because they don't even need "enrichment" for the first 2-3 weeks. Anyway they came up fine except for the F@#$ing chem burns on my babie's leaves as the roots found little "enrichment" balls..... Thank god they are in 4" pots as they will all be transplanted into Fox Farm's Ocean Forest soil where they should have been to start. This soil is great for just about anything and won't need to be suplimented for the first 3-4 weeks. After that I'd try and find a nice liquid 2-3 part (hopefully organic!!!!) fertilizer. Happy growing........... :p

thechronic
06-29-2004, 06:03 PM
well thanks for telling me that i would have killed my plants lol i there about 3" tall good for now lol got to replant them soon i have the in a mix of poting soil and cow shit lol i put so furtlizer in it but i dont know what the name is lol forgot umm its some where well thanks for the tips later
Red

sawleaf
06-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Dumass, I made the same mistake with my first grow. Using that Miracle Grow potting soil, it burned up my plants bad. Organic natural fertilizers are by far the best and will make your smoke yummy. You can even go to the bait shop and buy a few cans of nightcrawlers and dump them into your soil. They will produce great fertilizer and also help airate and loosen the soil. :)

lethal purple poison
06-29-2004, 08:06 PM
hey saw leaf, Organic is for sure the best way to grow, i remember when i first started growing, I pounded the ferts to my babies, never burned them, they grew well, and i didnt flush them, it was great stuff, cept the real bad cough and taste. last year was the first year i used worm castings and i was amazed with the results, I will never use chemicles again... cept for slugs( rotten little bastards)

dumass
07-01-2004, 11:17 AM
SAWLEAF- Hey, thanks for the tip! I kind of like that worm idea.... I'm going to wait until I sex them (Hey, not ME, you know what I mean... :p ) and change the pots but that's pretty cool. Luckly for me my house is surrounded by bait.... Is it just me or is it allways the simple shit that seems to work the best? MR. CHRONIC- Well it did'nt kill them but I'd sure hate to come into this world that way... there was an unopened bag of the shit in the house so I thought "great, I'll just use this... :mad: To tell you the truth they all look really good now but if that had'nt happened they would probably look even better :( I'll just add that to my "mistakes you only make once" list... The only good thing I really got out of it was being able to tell others what happened.... GO KARMA.. GO KARMA...... Maybe we should change the names to COW GRO and MIRICLE SHIT.......... ;) -

HobbsifeR
07-03-2004, 05:51 AM
kk this is a one time offer, go to www.marijuana.com/Bible.php and go to the organic fert chart, it shoues ferts like, ground up egg shels, blood meal, bone meal, coffie grounds etc and it helps out alot in other ways to