PDA

View Full Version : Havent bought seeds yet...

RedRainDrop
06-28-2004, 06:25 PM
I am such a newbie i have never grown pot But have smoked about 2 pounds all together worth of pot in my life. I was thinking of growing a personal plant for myself to save money. How much pot will each seed make? and i know the prices of the seeds already i am thinking of buying purple haze. And also could i grow in in a standard flower pot w/ nutrious soil, and just water it every day, or does it take alot more? Id Appreciate replies to my questions, Thanks.

sawleaf
06-28-2004, 06:57 PM
The amount of bud produced by each plant, depends on the size, and many growing conditions as well. There is a lot more than just planting a seed involved to produce quality smoke. You are off to a good start already though, because genetics is the first and most important step to great cannabis. Check out the grow FAQ at www.overgrow.com
:)

RedRainDrop
06-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah do i definatly need lights and stuff i may grow it outside but if inside do i absoulotly need alot of light or can it just be a standard room light?

sawleaf
06-28-2004, 07:22 PM
No a standard room light will get you very poor results. You are trying to recreate a natural enviroment, but indoors. You want a light that will duplicate or be as close to natural sunlight as possible. That means bright, bright , bright. :)

RedRainDrop
06-28-2004, 07:33 PM
Ok, then i think i should grow t outside, but growing outside i feel very insecure people may take it or neighbors may see and call the police on me, how can i avoid such occurences so i do not get caught?

sawleaf
06-28-2004, 08:08 PM
If you are growing close to neighbors, it can get a bit scary. Do you have tall yard fences or can neighbors see into your yard from their windows. If in doubt, don't go with the location. Indoors is easy, and can be very secure, but you will have to invest a little in the proper supplies.

RedRainDrop
06-28-2004, 08:54 PM
trouble is, i have parent to look out for since i live with them i was thinking of growing outside but mabye not near my house, mabye in the forest somewhere? is this a good idea? i mean i cannot be caught very easily but then again hikers may discorver it which is a bad thing, is it an overall good idea to grow in a forest?

sawleaf
06-28-2004, 09:01 PM
Actually a lot of people do this, but you must takethe time to scout out a secure location. Keep it well away from trails of any sort and make sure it will get enough sunlight.

RedRainDrop
06-28-2004, 10:32 PM
Thanks sawleaf, you've helped me for my first step of becoming a grower. how many seeds should i buy?

sawleaf
06-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Wow, how many? Well, how many plants do you plan on growing? That's totally up to you and how large a grow area you want. Remember fewer plants are harder to detect. :)

RedRainDrop
06-29-2004, 03:42 AM
Yes but i do not know how much 1 plant can grow to be, how big of a plant would 1 seed be?

w12ecked
06-30-2004, 01:04 PM
height isnt important in the amount of bud ur left with and it depends on strain and how much light the plant was getting though remember in a forest youl need to make sure its growing in a patch where lots of light can get at it all day and even if your plant does germinate theres a 50/50 chance it wont be a female so you should buy 10 and make sure you dont buy an indoar strain if your growing outdoar it should tell you in the description of the plant anyway and put them about a half inch down in the soil

RedRainDrop
07-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the help i just may buy some, how much is it per seed?